[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G29 Rumours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

As most of you know there has been rumours about a new G29 wich will be the follower of the G27, now there is a pictures leaked about the new wheel.

Leaked pictures (Click to View)
The following discription was added to the wheel
Quote:Features:

The definitive sim racing wheel for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3
Dual-motor force feedback to simulate realistic driving
Smooth, quiet and precise steering action
Durable leather/metal components
While the feature list specifically only mentions Playstation support (in accordance with yesterday’s news), there’s a mention of PC compatibility in the included product description:

G29 Driving Force is the definitive sim racing hardware for the latest PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC titles. Feature dual-motor force feedback and helical gearing for quiet, smooth steering. Stainless steel paddle shifters and RPM/Shift indicator LEDs help you make crisp, fluid gear transitions without taking your eyes off the track. The separate pedal unit gives you natural, responsive control with a nonlinear brake pedal. Driving Force is built for comfort and durability with hand-stitched leather and stainless steel components. Built-in clamps and bolt points allow the wheel to be mounted securely to a table or racing rig, minimising shifting or wobbling during aggressive manoeuvres.

Some rumours go that it's not compatible to the PC due to it's buttons and stuff but the discription says it is compatible for PC.

The wheel is rumored to retail for 189€, coming without a stick shifter that is due to be available as an addon purchase.

Source
The shifter is going to be an addon purchase? Just ruined it. But aside from that, wheel looks pretty sweet. Definitely its going to have more room for cop binds Tongue
Sooo.. basically its a g27 with more buttons. and you pay more for the shifter. Im out.
Purchasing g29 will be about same price or less as g27 in uk it will cost me 200 gbp so it probably be 220gbp or summin i think the price is fair even if you do have to pay separate. Tho thats only my opinion
(2015-06-08 15:33)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]Sooo.. basically its a g27 with more buttons. and you pay more for the shifter. Im out.

You are right!
I hope to see further improvements witin the wheel itself and potentially the shifter has got an overhaul because we havn't seen it yet!
The fact is, the (rumoured) starting price is so low, around £131 here in the UK, if this wheel does get released, I will sell my G27 and buy a G29 if it is compatible with PC, depending on what the shifter costs and how it is (most likely like the TH8RS with no buttons).

If the shifter costs (£50), im in since the G27 will still be worth atleast £200
(2015-06-08 16:01)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]The fact is, the (rumoured) starting price is so low, around £131 here in the UK, if this wheel does get released, I will sell my G27 and buy a G29 if it is compatible with PC, depending on what the shifter costs and how it is (most likely like the TH8RS with no buttons).

If the shifter costs (£50), im in since the G27 will still be worth atleast £200

The problem is for example with a T500RS and a shifter is that the wheel on the T500RS doesn't have much buttons.
But lets hope that the shifter comes with buttons to Biggrin
Why dont use the old thread?

And the shifter should come with buttons, don't think that logitech had changed the design of it
Reference URL's