[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CityLiga 20 Round 10 - Results & Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Results

Round 10, the final round of CityLiga 20 began with a grid qualifying that turned out to be quite a stroke of luck for myself. Hardly anybody set a time which meant, despite me having had no practice and only very limited experience in the FOX, I managed to achieve a grid one position by simply setting a time. Because of this I was at an obvious disadvantage in the race however even a last position result would have meant a similar amount of points to a podium position in grid 2, therefore, despite a less than impressive race result, my season ended with a boost.

Right at the beginning of the race I was pushed back into last position due to a crash on the first corner, I unfortunately was unable to avoid the crash and correct myself back onto the track. Luckily, I was not damaged and the rest of the team were ahead of this incident and therefore didn't get affected by it. Throughout the first 10-15 laps I managed to gain some positions back due to some further incidents, one of which involved Elmo. After my pitstop in lap 17, I had an appalling final half, spins, scuffs and dealings with grass however, there were no major crashes so I managed to keep my position and finished 24th.

As mentioned above, Elmo had an incident fairly early on in the race with Edgar, he had to make an early pitstop so that he could continue with his race and Edgar unfortunately decided that he didn't want to continue his race, presumably because he was so far back. Once Elmo had made his pitstop he was already quite far back from even myself and so when he had another incident later on, causing him to have to pit again, he was nearly a lap behind and didn't have much chance to catch up. He did finish his race however and gained himself some final points towards his final CityLiga position.

Luke was much closer to the front of the pack, during the race he didn't really have many issues apart from some tire issues towards the end of the race, this caused him to have to make a pitstop and therefore lost several positions quite late in the race. Despite that incident, it was an enjoyable race for him and he also gained some very valuable points towards his final position in the league.

Going into this race there was one of us who had a very tough shot at a podium position in the league, that was of course Pete. The battle for 3rd in the overall season was very close between Pete and Martin Kapal from Savage Simsports, Pete had to finish no more than 3 positions behind for him to achieve 3rd and Kapal did not make it easy for him. Kapal started the race in 7th position on the grid and due to some brilliant driving from him, managed to achieve 1st position, this meant that Pete couldn't finish lower than 4th position if he wanted to end his season in a podium spot. After some immense concentration and hard work, Pete managed to pull off a 4th position race finish and therefore stayed just ahead of Kapal in points.

All in all, this race was enjoyable for all of us and the season has also been incredibly enjoyable. We as a team managed to achieve 3rd in the team rankings and have made our first big mark on CityLiga history.

Grids One & Two

It was only during the briefing that we were made aware of the decision to merge grids one and two into one server, the results from both would be separate but both would race within one server. Although it could have ended badly, it went fairly smoothly in most cases.

[Image: CityLiga%20Round%2010%20-%20Grids%201amp...1gpxf5.png]

Rankings

[Image: cl20r10s.png]

LFS Report - Round 10

Reference URL's