[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - Report - [TC]>Leon<[VCU] (Archived by Pipa)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your LFS username: hsvdin0

Their LFS username(s): LeonRL
Their in-game nickname(s): [TC]>Leon<[VCU]

Main reason(s): Inappropriate use of admin power

Replay and/or screenshot link: http://www.filedropper.com/dinobanbyleon
Replay timestamps:
First HhhhhhHH: 25:30
Second HhhHhh (habit): 40:09
Ban by Leon: 40:35

Description of incident (Wednesday, 17th June 2015, 9 p.m):

21:03:32 [TT] Dino [COP] HhhH H HH HHHHH HHHHhhHHH''''''
21:03:57 [TC]›Howlin‹ [TT] Dino [COP] - I said to stop with the arab laughing, please do.
21:04:12 [TT] Dino [COP] didnt see
21:18:11 [TT] Dino HhhH H HH HHHHH HHHHhhHHH''''''
21:18:13 [TT] Dino upps
21:18:14 [TT] Dino sry
21:18:30 [TC]›Leon‹[VCU] You were warned, Dino
21:18:33 [TT] Dino HABIT
21:18:37 [TC]›Leon‹[VCU] [TT] Dino - kthxbai
[TT] Dino was banned by [TC]›Leon‹[VCU]

As you can see from above, Howlin asked me not to use the arab laugh (why btw, I didn't spam it)I replied that I didn't see the first message.

15(!)/FIFTEEN(!) minutes later of gameplay I accidenteally pressed this bind which I have on my gamepad, which I usually use when something funny happens. Just as a habit. Reason for this laughing was that some guy was mad and avoided swearfilter and another guy wrote -1000€ or something.
The bind was not spammed or anything by me, it's just the well known arab laugh which is the same like hahahahaha or rofl, lol or whatever.
I don't think this deserves a two day ban, as I immediately apologized for using the bind by/as(?) habit and I also stated that I've done this as habit.

I am reporting Leon for that 2 day ban because it is not for a good reason.
Also requesting an unban.

Leon, I am aware you don't like me, please still try to treat every player the same and please don't deal with things regarding me in future. I highly doubt you would've banned another guy for using Hhhhhh twice in 15 minutes. You could've let Howlin do this anyway, since he was also the guy who first asked me not to use the bind, no?

If this unban request/report is not successful, we could think about muting all players ingame - I mean in a game where people should've fun I don't see a problem with expressing a laugh TWICE in FIFTEEN minutes, while writing "omg", "ffs", "damn" etc. would be tolerated.
This report is being looked into by [TC] Management as you have reported a [TC] Member. Please be patient.
(2015-06-17 19:46)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]Leon, I am aware you don't like me, please still try to treat every player the same and please don't deal with things regarding me in future. I highly doubt you would've banned another guy for using Hhhhhh twice in 15 minutes. You could've let Howlin do this anyway, since he was also the guy who first asked me not to use the bind, no?

Just so we're clear, I asked Leon via voice communication to take action as I was in chase and he was willing to take action at that moment. I would have infact asked the same of him or done so myself if anybody else had ignored my warnings for people to stop using those binds.

My reason behind the warning is that you all seem to have major problems with the arabic users when they ruin your chases etc, but when it comes to spamming the chat with silly "HHHHhhhhHHhHhhhHhhhh" binds it's all fun and games.

Hope this clears things up, I won't respond further as there's nothing more that I can point out for you that the management can't deal with.
(2015-06-17 19:56)Howlin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-17 19:46)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]Leon, I am aware you don't like me, please still try to treat every player the same and please don't deal with things regarding me in future. I highly doubt you would've banned another guy for using Hhhhhh twice in 15 minutes. You could've let Howlin do this anyway, since he was also the guy who first asked me not to use the bind, no?

Just so we're clear, I asked Leon via voice communication to take action as I was in chase and he was willing to take action at that moment. I would have infact asked the same of him or done so myself if anybody else had ignored my warnings for people to stop using those binds.

My reason behind the warning is that you all seem to have major problems with the arabic users when they ruin your chases etc, but when it comes to spamming the chat with silly "HHHHhhhhHHhHhhhHhhhh" binds it's all fun and games.

Hope this clears things up, I won't respond further as there's nothing more that I can point out for you that the management can't deal with.

My intention was never to IGNORE your warning (that's why I got banned I believe), instead it was just pressing a bind on my gamepad as habit - and just two/three seconds later I immediately apologized for using it, also stating that pressing the bind was just as habit.

Also, I don't understand why you consider the arab laugh HHhHhhhHH as silly while a hahahahahah would not be silly? Does not using a's make it silly?

Furthermore you seem to count me to the players being annoyed by arabs who destroy chases - I just want to say I do not have any problems with them at all, even being in Teamspeak with them recently few times and joining their server to have fun.

Lastly, from your post I don't understand now if you told Leon "Ban him two days" or if Leon decided himself if kick only or ban? (probably I just fail to get it because of my not so perfect english)

I would've probably agreed with a kick - but not with a 2 day ban.

Good night.
I can't really comment on the ban itself, as it wasn't my decision, but I might be able to clarify some things.

Dino Wrote:As you can see from above, Howlin asked me not to use the arab laugh (why btw, I didn't spam it)I replied that I didn't see the first message.

I can't say 100% for sure, but I don't think he meant just today. I searched for "hhh" using your LFS username and came up with a lot of entries. Bringing all of them into here would be unfair, as it's spread over multiple days and sessions, but the screenshot is from one day and could shed some light on what Howlin meant.

[Image: 067885dfdc.png]

Dino Wrote:The bind was not spammed or anything by me, it's just the well known arab laugh which is the same like hahahahaha or rofl, lol or whatever.

People have been warned, kicked and banned multiple times for similar instances in the past. Some examples of these binds are:

Quote:LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote:HaHahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Quote:roflmaocopterzorxzorzcoxozxzoz!!!111oneone!!oneone!!!!!111

and finally

Quote:hhhhhhHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhHHHHHHhhhhhHHHHHhhhhhhhhh

Users have also been reprimanded for using the automated greeting message in LFSLazy.

Why?

Because none of the aforementioned make any sense whatsoever. Their bolded, repetitive nature and lengh not only make them distracting, but also unbelievably annoying. Your bind, for instance, is the letter "h" spelled out 21 times in a row, where most of the letters are capitalized. With almost 40 players on the server and all the automated insim messages, this type of message is infuriating when it pops up again and again.

Dino Wrote:laugh which is the same like hahahahaha or rofl, lol or whatever.

"lol" is 3 letters, your bind has 21, is mostly bolded and colored white.

Dino Wrote:I don't think this deserves a two day ban, as I immediately apologized for using the bind by/as(?) habit and I also stated that I've done this as habit.

Do you have any knowledge of your URS?

Dino Wrote:Leon, I am aware you don't like me, please still try to treat every player the same and please don't deal with things regarding me in future. I highly doubt you would've banned another guy for using Hhhhhh twice in 15 minutes. You could've let Howlin do this anyway, since he was also the guy who first asked me not to use the bind, no?

Believe it or not, but we all try to be fair when dealing with the users on our servers. We might have different admin "styles", but banning left and right on a whim would result in the admin being removed from the team very quickly.

Howlin was otherwise occupied and I simply acted on his behalf. I can, however understand the thought process behind his decision. You have a very unfortunate habit of tip-toeing on the very edge of what is acceptable in terms of aggression and provocative behaviour and your sense of entitlement is absolutely mind blowing. You were warned for something and you repeated it. This, combined with your URS is, without question, the reasoning behind the decision.

Dino Wrote:If this unban request/report is not successful, we could think about muting all players ingame - I mean in a game where people should've fun I don't see a problem with expressing a laugh TWICE in FIFTEEN minutes, while writing "omg", "ffs", "damn" etc. would be tolerated.

I'm having a hard time comparing "omg" with "HhhH H HH HHHHH HHHHhhHHH""", but if you feel that way, fair enough.
(2015-06-17 22:49)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]I can't really comment on the ban itself, as it wasn't my decision, but I might be able to clarify some things.
"[TT] Dino was banned by [TC]›Leon‹[VCU]". Whats happening behind the curtains is not really my business. Or should i rename thread to "report TC Howlin"?

(2015-06-17 22:49)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]I searched for "hhh" using your LFS username and came up with a lot of entries.
Pretty much invalid argument, as so far noone has ever been disturbed by it.

(2015-06-17 22:49)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]People have been warned, kicked and banned multiple times for similar instances in the past.
Users have also been reprimanded for using the automated greeting message in LFSLazy.
Neither have i been present at any of those incident, nor have i EVER been told to not use that bind, altho used many of times with severeal admins online.

(2015-06-17 22:49)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any knowledge of your URS?
Yes i do. Afaik never anything to do with "spam" and i believe the last entry should be from a while ago.
Nothing to do with this ban. Also indicating that your opinion on my behaviour might be biased.

(2015-06-17 22:49)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Believe it or not, but we all try to be fair when dealing with the users on our servers. We might have different admin "styles".
Howlin was otherwise occupied and I simply acted on his behalf. I can, however understand the thought process behind his decision. You have a very unfortunate habit of tip-toeing on the very edge of what is acceptable in terms of aggression and provocative behaviour and your sense of entitlement is absolutely mind blowing. You were warned for something and you repeated it. This, combined with your URS is, without question, the reasoning behind the decision.
Once again proving a biased opinion. It was nothing that needed any instant action. And i highly doubt you considered all your now brought up arguments within the 26 seconds between my hhHHH-bind and your ban.

(2015-06-17 22:49)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a hard time comparing "omg" with "HhhH H HH HHHHH HHHHhhHHH""", but if you feel that way, fair enough.
Its just the ridicolousness of how often for example our arabic friends use this AND fail to speak english in mainchat, and dont get punished.

The main reason for this report and unban request is simply that i have NEVER been warned about using this bind, apart from yesterday 21:03:57 "[TC]›Howlin‹ [TT] Dino [COP] - I said to stop with the arab laughing, please do."
So a SINGLE additional use of the bind BY ACCIDENT which i even apologized for immediately, resulted in a two day ban? That is over the top. I've brought up all my points and will wait for the management now.
After a lengthy discussion with the management we've reached the conclusion that you will be unbanned. Just so we're clear, you were not banned simply for arabic laughing, more the fact that you (In my eyes) ignored my two previous warnings. Although you apologised, i've seen several occasions in the past where you have attempted to push your luck with similar matters and as far as i'm concerned you were attempting to do so again. This is subject to any proof on my behalf and so I will apologise for requesting this action be taken upon you. It does, however, raise the issue of the boy who cried wolf (If you are unaware of what I mean by this you're welcome to PM me and I will explain), none of this would have happened had I not suspected you to be attempting to push your luck with me, you would have received a kick at most.

Again, I apologise for the action taken and feel free to PM me if you have any further inquires for me. The management will conclude this soon.
Since this has been sorted between both parties there is no reason for management to actively intervene. We will however make sure that such behaviour will not repeat itself.

Thanks.

No action has been taken for reasons described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's