[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban dmcmsn (Ban Reduced by Luke)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: dmcmsn

● Time & Date of Incident Yesterday

● Replay / Screenshot Link:
● Replay Timestamps:

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

I was ramming a cop in chase and Dino reported me, and i got a 12 hour ban, it finished now i reconnected and now it is a 14 day ban?
The rams were not intentional, that time where it looked like i was trying to intentionally ram Dino i was trying to P.I.T him but failed and ram him. I believe everything else in the chase was light force which i believe is allowed, and the COP that started the chase even said he did not see anything over the top or excessive.
3.10. Force
You are permitted to use minor force/physical contact to evade arrest, but no more than the force cops are permitted to use on you. See 5.4.
You are permitted to use the force necessary (including moderate rams) to break through a roadblock. Avoid damaging the cops as far as possible. Using unreasonable or excessive force (like running flat out intentionally in the roadblock) is forbidden.

Any force i did use was minor and was less than what they are allowed to use on me. So i believe 14 days is quite long and unfair, as i have not really broken any rules. Also i did not show any attitude to Dino, i just said "No Comment" as i wasn't in the mood for dealing with him. Also me saying "Please do" is not speaking with attitude i'm telling him to please do it, someone please explain how that is showing attitude to someone?
Please unban me, i havn't played the server in ages and last time was my first time in over a month playing. Just again to clarify the "ram" i done to Dino was not intentional and was meant to be a P.I.T. Thanks for reading.
The admin who placed the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly
Hello, I was the one who took action via Dino's report.

(2015-06-24 10:58)Type R Wrote: [ -> ]Any force i did use was minor and was less than what they are allowed to use on me. So i believe 14 days is quite long and unfair, as i have not really broken any rules.
Firstly, let me make this clear. You were banned for ramming and only ramming. Poor attitude had nothing to do with your ban because as I said in the report, you kept it reasonably acceptable.

(2015-06-24 10:58)Type R Wrote: [ -> ]I was ramming a cop in chase and Dino reported me, and i got a 12 hour ban, it finished now i reconnected and now it is a 14 day ban?
So you are admitting you was ramming a cop in a chase?

(2015-06-24 10:58)Type R Wrote: [ -> ]The rams were not intentional, that time where it looked like i was trying to intentionally ram Dino i was trying to P.I.T him but failed and ram him. I believe everything else in the chase was light force which i believe is allowed, and the COP that started the chase even said he did not see anything over the top or excessive.
This was your attempted "PIT":

This is what a "PIT" should look like:
A PIT is controlled, no increase in speed and well-executed side by side at a safe speed.

Your speed was 135MPH+ AND increasing whilst TURNING into his direction. Already that's not going to be a PIT.

You made contact and STILL you had the accelerator on..

Indeed, this was a horrific attempt at a PIT and a cop would lose his cop rights for this and may even be banned depending on his/her previous warnings. You are to be treated no differently, you have had warnings and this is your ban. An apology doesn't easily get you out of that one..

On top of that these are the hits before Dino's incident.
I'm sorry, but these are definitely intentional and overly forced rams.. (The first was is only just acceptable since you are trying to move him out of the way) There's no excuse and what was the need for them other than to cause damage to the cop? You cannot blame your "rusty" experience on turning a wheel left or right. You had your accelerator on and you were heading in his direction. The speed was below 50MPH but the cops speed on top of that makes a combined speed creating a larger impact thus a ram that the cops could not avoid, that is the important bit.

(2015-06-24 10:58)Type R Wrote: [ -> ]3.10. Force
You are permitted to use minor force/physical contact to evade arrest, but no more than the force cops are permitted to use on you. See 5.4.
You are permitted to use the force necessary (including moderate rams) to break through a roadblock. Avoid damaging the cops as far as possible. Using unreasonable or excessive force (like running flat out intentionally in the roadblock) is forbidden.

Light force known as "pushing" not driving at an accelerating speed into someone to make them move. Any sudden impacts above a speed like 30MPH will be a ram, in some cases it's acceptable but in this case as shown by the gifs, it is NOT acceptable.

"but no more than the force cops are permitted to use on you"
Would you expect a cop to perform the same hits on you? I certainly wouldn't.

"Avoid damaging the cops as far as possible. Using unreasonable or excessive force is forbidden."
Look at Dino's car after your failed PIT.

What makes me think you are not going to repeat this offence in future chases?
I can assure you I won't repeat these offendes in future chase as I wouldn't have done this if I knew I was going to get banned. I see people using force like this on me when I'm chasing them so i thought it was acceptable to ram cops in chase. I've obviously learnt now and I can assure you it won't happen again.
Oh and also thanks for the detailed reply I didn't expect you to add in replays and all you must have put a lot of time into that. But I see the spoilers and it won't happen again. I would never do anything if I knew it was going to get me banned.
I'll give you that chance.

Your ban will be shortened to just 5 days on the condition that you do not aim to ram anyone.

You will be unbanned by Monday.

Your ban has been reduced
Reference URL's