[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Help with pc after crash.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok firstly a little about the pc:
Its made by a norwegian company that put it together, called Komplett.no.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.
Processor: Intel Core? i7 Quad Processor i7-860
Quad Core, 2.80Ghz, Socket 1156, 8MB, 95W, Boxed w
Memory: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1333MHz 4GB
Kit w/2X HyperX 2GB DDR3, CL7-7-7-20, 240pin
Harddrive: Western Digitial CaviarĀ® Green 1,5TB
SATA, 7200RPM, 64MB, 3 GB/s

Earlier today as i was playing on TC 1: Jamaica, it had a few freezes, i have been playing since 11am and it was about 6-7pm when it crashed.
It without warning just crashed and got stuck on the bootup, it continously loops the Boot up repair, though im not sure what to do and if i can do anything there to fix it. I opened up the case and made sure it was already clean of dust inside.
I have never had any problems with my pc crashing like today.

Grateful for any help.
Hi

freezes and crashes, it can be many things ... driver problem, overheating, damaged hard drive, virus, etc ...

I would like to help you, but my english is bad, so i'm not sure if i have well understood your situation atm.

you said "Continously it loops up the Boot repair"

So it always stops at the Repair menu, right?

If so, then try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139...overy.html

hope i can help you
Have you installed anything new ?

Downloaded anything ? (Anything, I mean anything, could have a trojan, virus or even spyware)

Knocked anything ?

Id follow Smokys' link, seems comprehensive enough tbh :]
Not installed anything new lately that could've done this, neither have there been any Windows Update the last few days.
And the desktop have been sitting in same spot under the desk without getting hit.

Im going to check the link you posted Smoky as soon as im awake enough to do it Smile
Thanks, will report back if it works.
After using the Startup Repair the answer i get is something along the line of: Systemvolume on drive damaged.
Then i get: Repair Action:Repair of Filesystem(Chkdsk)
It didnt work either, still goes to the same Startup Repair:
Start Startup repair tool (recomended)
Start Windows normally.
mmmm ... nasty story

so if you try to "start windows normaly", it continously boot to the repair menu, right?

If so, did you try to start in safe mode?
if you can, do it!

(F8 button, and then while booting safe mode with networking selecting)

Then, if you have manual or automatic backups, try to restore a backup:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...em-restore

if not, then, saves the data that you considered important (CD / DVD / Flash Drive) in case we can not repair.

by the way, do you have any windows 7 install or recovery disk?
i get angry against myself for not knowing english better.
i could help you more easily ...
i have to leave soon and i will come only later that evening, so i write again other little tips:

If you can use the safe mode, but you can't restore any backup, try this:

- Go to command prompt and type sfc /scannow and enter and let it run. It will scan and try to fix some of your system files.

- then, try this, while in command prompt, type chkdsk /f /r and enter and let it run. it will scan and try to fix any corruption or bad sectors on your hard drive.

- Go to device manager by going to start / search box and type device manager and enter and then double-click on the program icon thatt appears. Check each device for a red x, yellow ! or white ?. it allows identify devices with problems (drivers or conflicts or something else).

- You can also test your RAM at http://www.memtest.org/.

- if you have a CD of Windows 7, you can also try to boot from the CD and try to repair corrupted files.

Quote:Note: To boot from your Windows CD, the BIOS settings on your computer must be configured to do this. On start up keep tapping either F2, F10, Esc, or Del, to enter the BIOS set-up. Look for "Drive configuration", "Boot order" or similar and make the CD/DVD drive the first boot device. Save settings and exit.
Dont worry about your english Smoky, its good Smile
I will try a few of these now and see, im going to attempt soon to log into Windows in Safe Mode to back up a few files i want to keep.
I've been out for an hour or so (to pay the bill for the pc ironically) so i apologize for not answering sooner.
I do believe i got a Windows 7 with it when i got it.
After going through an about 6 hour long Boot up repair it had changed a little bit, it booted up a bit further, it now goes past the Windows logo, but comes to a black screen with the mouse cursor on.
Also starting it in Safe Mode gets it to the same place Sad
it seems that the process explorer.exe didn't run correctly, when you are on you black scren, try this:

CTRL + ALT + DELETE and click 'Task Manager', then click the Processes tab in at the top (in the second tab), then if you see explorer.exe, delete it. Then just click on 'File - New Start Process' A Box Appears then type in 'explorer.exe' and hit enter.

if you dont have explorer.exe on the process list, just click on 'File - New Start Process' A Box Appears then type in 'explorer.exe' and hit enter.
Ive tried that Smoky, nothing happens when i press ctrl alt delete so i cant get to Task Manager
you also tried in safe mode?
Yes, it stops at the black screen with mouse cursor.
Another thing is when i hit F8 i can no longer select Repair Computer, its gone.
I just want to be sure we we understand, You Did ctrl + alt + delete at the very end?
i mean, at this moment : "it stops at the black screen with mouse cursor."

if yes, that's bad ...

the next thing i will suggest, would be to try to repair damaged files with start with a windows CD as i said earlier, but i would have preferred first that we can saved some files as a precaution.
Yes i did Ctrl Alt Delete at the very end, both in normal bootup and safe mode, nothing worked, it stuck at Black Screen with mouse cursor.
I will try the windows CD in the morning,im trying something i read about on one of the pages, someone had same problem and left it on the black screen for a few hours then it repaired itself, i know its a long shot.
I've read a whole book while waiting for my computer to repair itself Tongue
lool okay, i remain at your disposal Wink

Edit: i don't think it's very correct in English, what i would mean is "I'm available for any further information you may need" Wink
(2012-01-27 23:13)smoky Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to be sure we we understand, You Did ctrl + alt + delete at the very end?
i mean, at this moment : "it stops at the black screen with mouse cursor."

if yes, that's bad ...

the next thing i will suggest, would be to try to repair damaged files with start with a windows CD as i said earlier, but i would have preferred first that we can saved some files as a precaution.

Try ctrl shift escape and see if that does anything.
Nope, Ctrl Shift Escape had no effect.
Ive sent an email to the company that delivered the computer.
I dont want to do an reinstall of the pc but if there's no other way i guess i have to.
ok, we'll see what they answer ...

what CD do you have exactly ?
Do you have a Windows 7 Recovery Disc?

this CD can be used to access a system recovery menu, giving you options of using an antivirus, system restore, complete PC backup, automated system repair, and a command-line prompt for manual advanced recovery.

e.g with the command-line prompt we can understood what is exactly the problem.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's