[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 1 Speedtrap per road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

Im suggesting a change to the way the speedtraps are allowed to make, as i encountered 2 speedtraps on the same road, with like 150-200m between them, which to me, feels really unrealistic, and im 100% it feels annoying not only to me when there is 2 speedtraps in short distance from eachother. Its not like in IRL cops would place 2 speedtraps really short distance from between them.

My idea to fix this, is to allow only one speedtrap per road, for example, only one speedtrap on Castle Hill.
If theres already a speedtrap and someone tries to place another one on the same road when there is already an active one, it wont allow placing it, and will display a message that says "Theres already a speedtrap on this road" or something similar.

Comments are welcome.

And before you say, that i should slow down for speedtraps, just think it twice, would you be happy if you would encounter two speedtraps placed 100m from eachother.
I have this problem too sometimes, and the radar is not really helping me out saying its 2 in a short distance to each other. (People having a radar will understand how it works).
You should slow down for speed traps.
Yes kookoo , but if you went fast , cant slow down for 2 speedtraps...and got fined 2 times.
Instead of on 'different roads', why not just make sure they're at least e.g. 500m apart (if that's accurately calculable).

Otherwise, the problem can still exist if one speedtrap is at the end of road A and the other is at the start of road B..
(2015-06-30 18:51)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]Yes kookoo , but if you went fast , cant slow down for 2 speedtraps...and got fined 2 times.

Then slow down for both of them.
(2015-06-30 18:55)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise, the problem can still exist if one speedtrap is at the end of road A and the other is at the start of road B..

It need for example , a system wich detect if are any radar one in a range of 500m
(2015-06-30 19:06)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-30 18:55)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise, the problem can still exist if one speedtrap is at the end of road A and the other is at the start of road B..

It need for example , a system wich detect if are any radar one in a range of 500m

Yes, that's what I said really.
i once was told that this alrdy exist. iirc 300m? never tested it tho.
but adjusting it(if it exists) to 500m would be good.
(2015-06-30 18:55)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of on 'different roads', why not just make sure they're at least e.g. 500m apart (if that's accurately calculable).

Otherwise, the problem can still exist if one speedtrap is at the end of road A and the other is at the start of road B..

What if cops want to put a Speedtrap on Each side of the road? Then the 500m rule would make that impossible i.e. on both sides of the AB on Kyoto.

And what about South-City? It would need to be specially tweaked for that map since its so small.
Reference URL's