[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cop(s) blocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I and FWR took a bet, would cop be able to block suspect if he fines him/her.
This is really tricky question but there is evidence that you can, but there is too, that you can not! First things first

Rule 5.3 Wrote:5.3. Use of Force
Force may only be used if the suspect has failed to stop. The InSim will state when the suspect has failed to stop (after approx 45 seconds)

As this rule says it is not allowed to use force if suspect has not failed to stop, but as it is "blocking" It is not force. This is why many people think and might be right about this, I don`t know yet.

But now some evidence that you can not
Police Guide Wrote:This is where you can decide to either fine the user or issue a warning. If you choose warning, please click "Cancel Chase" or type !lost. However if you wish to fine the user, press "Click here to open ticket". You will then be presented with the following screen:
[Image: FinesDialog_2.png]
Select the appropriate offense and fine the user accordingly. The suspect then has the decision whether to pay the fine, or take their chances and make a run for it. If the user pays then all is well, however if they choose not to, its down to you and fellow officers to ensure you catch your criminal

And this is why I believe it is not allowed to block, as said The suspect then has the decision whether to pay the fine, or take their chances and make a run for it

So basically this quoted part on police guide says that suspect cop can not block because suspect is the decision maker, not a cop! And if you are saying that "cop guide is not a rule book" what about cop1&cop2. This is quote from a report which gives a warning to a people for it

Luke Wrote:(Username deleted) excessively overtook you in the chase. Cop 1 and 2 is simply a part of respect between cops in a chase. He did look like he just wanted to get in and do his part excusing you out of the chase, due to the lack of respect he will receive a confirmable warning reminding him to respect other cops in his chase as it's not fair on slower cars. Just because he's in a faster car gives him no extra priority.

I would want to know an answer for this!
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid137980

Quote:[..] The rules do not imply that a cop must actively open an escape route for the suspect.
(2015-07-09 16:30)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]The suspect then has the decision whether to pay the fine, or take their chances and make a run for it.

(2015-07-09 16:34)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid137980

Quote:[..] The rules do not imply that a cop must actively open an escape route for the suspect.

Please explain that upper part to me, why is the offical police guide wrong
(2015-07-09 16:50)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-09 16:30)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]The suspect then has the decision whether to pay the fine, or take their chances and make a run for it.

(2015-07-09 16:34)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid137980

Not every single line of the public manual was agreed upon by every member of the team. Due to the size of the "manual project", members were assigned/volunteered to do certain sections/pages of it. Just for the record, this is unlike the rules, where every part of it was internally discussed and decided on. As Daniel correctly quoted (from Pete), the rules do not imply you must actively leave an escape route.

Other parts of the manual may need to be edited accordingly, because some of it must be outdated.

This is why you shouldn't treat every single sentence of the manual as holy grail.
(2015-07-09 17:18)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-09 16:50)Otava Wrote: [ -> ]

Not every single line of the public manual was agreed upon by every member of the team. Due to the size of the "manual project", members were assigned/volunteered to do certain sections/pages of it. Just for the record, this is unlike the rules, where every part of it was internally discussed and decided on. As Daniel correctly quoted (from Pete), the rules do not imply you must actively leave an escape route.

Other parts of the manual may need to be edited accordingly, because some of it must be outdated.

This is why you shouldn't treat every single sentence of the manual as holy grail.

Okay, got it noe, did not understand before "manual project"
By the way no force is used when blocking suspect's path when cars are stopped...
If a suspect pulls over I stop very close to him and put full brakes + handbrakes. Is it allowed?

Thanks.
I don't see why this would be prohibited as it's not using force. The cop simply closes the door on the possibility that a suspect would flee the scene.

IIRC, there was once something "implied" in the rules that if it was clear that the suspect would be trying to escape/flee, the cop didn't have to wait 45 seconds to use "force" in the chase. Not sure where I saw that though.
[Image: 9mq9opllltd.jpg]

just dont use force on 'em.

(2015-07-09 19:03)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, there was once something "implied" in the rules that if it was clear that the suspect would be trying to escape/flee, the cop didn't have to wait 45 seconds to use "force" in the chase.

that used to be said by alot, but after few reports it has been clarified it is NOT ALLOWED to make any contact before the suspect has failed to stop.
u'll find examples with the search function i guess.
Some TC recruit, I think Louis warned me few days ago NOT to block b4 45 secs anymore (parking in front of MRT)

If it was him he hopefully reads it to know better in future.

KooKoo, I dont see a problem why not? As long as you don't actively BLOCK the path like pushing suspect in front of a barrier for example.

In your mentioned case the suspect hits you, not other way round
(2015-07-09 19:08)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]Some TC recruit, I think Louis warned me few days ago NOT to block b4 45 secs anymore (parking in front of MRT)

I agree with Pete above that if the suspect is stupid enough to get themselves into a bad spot then it is his own fault. However that case is a bit different with the mrt, as he does not have a reverse gear and you can't really blame him for stopping to find out what the cop wants.

I personally would rather stop behind him and give him the option to run, so i don't see why you object to what the recruit told you. It's not a weakness to be nice to people.
Sebas Wrote:IIRC, there was once something "implied" in the rules that if it was clear that the suspect would be trying to escape/flee, the cop didn't have to wait 45 seconds to use "force" in the chase. Not sure where I saw that though.

Regarding using FORCE before failure to stop: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid131694

(Ignore the overfining part of that thread, it's already been dealt with rules-wise).
I would like to point out.

The guide has notes in that can be linked to seperate rules. This has been said many times but we simply cannot list every single rule possible, that would be ludicrous. Therefore, common sense kicks in. Guides are there in my eyes, to aid people who find it difficult to distinguish what could be right or wrong (myself admittedly) it takes some time to learn this hense why it's there. As BP said, not everything in the guide is treat like a rule, its simply there to make a point and as you fairly quoted, i made a point about a certain user not following a major guideline which is crucial in chases (cop 1 and cop 2 "rule"). It's not listed in the rules however, it is common sense to respect everyone around you (respecting other plays is a number 1 rule), everyone is here to have fun and if people disrupt the gameplay of other users by not following advise given by rules or guidelines, we as TC admins have to deal with that accordingly. It all links and the guides are there to help other users notice these links.

I hope this makes sense and clears something up from my view Tongue (using my phone so apologies for any errors)
(2015-07-09 19:08)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]Some TC recruit, I think Louis warned me few days ago NOT to block b4 45 secs anymore (parking in front of MRT)

If it was him he hopefully reads it to know better in future.

KooKoo, I dont see a problem why not? As long as you don't actively BLOCK the path like pushing suspect in front of a barrier for example.

In your mentioned case the suspect hits you, not other way round

I did not give you a warning.
Dino Wrote:warned me few days ago NOT to block
Loius Wrote:Please do not do that in future anymore
I think it's fine what I wrote? Wasn't talking about any confirmable ingame warning or URS warning.

What's the conclusion of this topic anyway?
Parking in front of MRTs is not allowed.
Parking behind someone if he stops in front of a wall and slamming the brakes IS allowed.
If someone tries to get out I must not ACTIVELY close again his escape route.
[all within 45 secs ofc]

Did I understand this correctly?
You summed it up fairly well. Basically,

Since MRT's don't have a reverse gear, don't deliberately drive around it and block it's front, however you don't have to do anything if the driver of the MRT put themselves into that situation (as in, you were already at a standstill and the MRT drove with the front against your car - Their own fault, then.)

If someone happens to stop their car with front or rear against a wall or anything that can't get knocked over, then that is their own fault and you don't have to move away as it is their own fault. Although if it happens, it is likely a bad place for a traffic stop and you should ask them to pull over properly on the side of the road anyway.

And yes, if the suspect attempts to run, don't go and block their way deliberately before they failed to stop, so they get a chance to initiate a chase.

Now, while none of this is written in the rulebook, it is pretty much common sense for people who wants to play the game the way it was intended to.
Reference URL's