[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Map..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm taking the plunge and moving my driver side to the left for [TC], since all the tracks are right hand drive (despite there respective cities being left hand drive Glare ) ..

Anyway, The problem I'm seeing is that the map is sitting on top of where the rear view mirror is, and moving the map to the left side means that the chat is on top of the map, Either way is bad.. Anyone found a way around this?

LFS allows you to move your driver's view a bit into all directions, and it allows you to move the mirror's positions as well.
Off-topic: Nice interior ._.
(2012-01-28 16:21)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]Off-topic: Nice interior ._.

It's a little messed up at the moment since I switched driver side and the textures are all wrong Tongue
(2012-01-28 16:20)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]LFS allows you to move your driver's view a bit into all directions, and it allows you to move the mirror's positions as well.

Hmm.. Not sure either of those would be a viable solution, moving the mirror down would result in reduced visibility of the road ahead, and moving the drivers view would result in a weird view Tongue
or use virtual mirrorWink
What I have done is changed the colour of the arrows (other drivers on minimap) so it's easier to see Smile
Had always had this problem aswell.

And Stevo, I don't know for Tommer, but my problem was not being able too see in the mirror, I can see the map fine Tongue

Anyway, I'm not sure if it helps, but you can try moving the FPS indicator to the left, or move the entire map to the left.
NOOOO! Don't turn to the dark side! The left is simply the wrong side for driving Laugh.

Btw, I am joking, but there is more logic in having you're right hand on wheel (unless you're left handed) because that requires more precision than the gear stick. Are you still using paddels though, Tommer? Or have you had to move your gear stick the other side?
(2012-01-28 19:59)Turkey Wrote: [ -> ]NOOOO! Don't turn to the dark side! The left is simply the wrong side for driving Laugh.

Btw, I am joking, but there is more logic in having you're right hand on wheel (unless you're left handed) because that requires more precision than the gear stick. Are you still using paddels though, Tommer? Or have you had to move your gear stick the other side?

The logic that went into it was basically that by having my driver on the left side, I'd become a lot safer, being able to see cars that are on the overtaking side (left mirror) and also having my driver near the center of the road means I'm more aware of when I'm beginning to get close to the central reservation.

I figured I should take the dive because if I fear changing elements of how I drive I'll be too set in my ways and I believe a good driver must be able to adapt, also it just so happens that I am left handed Tongue

e: I use paddles for fast driving, stick shift for cruising Smile
You can move the mirror in the view settings. Wink
(2012-01-28 19:59)Turkey Wrote: [ -> ]NOOOO! Don't turn to the dark side! The left is simply the wrong side for driving Laugh.

Really doesn't say anything, I'm right handed and if I shift with my left hand it takes a few seconds to even get it into gear properly lol. Steering works just as easy with left or right hand. So it really depends on your personal preference and what you learned. And when you drive on the right it's safer to sit on the left.
Yeah, all valid points. left hand drive will also be safer when you want to overtake the car in front because view ahead will be less restricted. Since you're left handed I can only think of benefits to going left hand drive. The fact I'm right handed is the main reason I haven't tried it, but I'll be interested to see if you adapt quickly and how much it improves safety.

Sorry to be a bit off topic - I couldn't think of any solutions to the map problem other than whats already been suggested.
(2012-01-28 16:23)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-28 16:20)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]LFS allows you to move your driver's view a bit into all directions, and it allows you to move the mirror's positions as well.

Hmm.. Not sure either of those would be a viable solution, moving the mirror down would result in reduced visibility of the road ahead, and moving the drivers view would result in a weird view Tongue
You can move the mirror horizontally as well.
In the end I tilted the drivers veiw up a little so less of the dash is showing but the mirror is below the map now Smile increased the FOV to 95 too Tongue

Video of me testing the new set on the >onboard thread< Smile
Virtual Mirror ftw.

The position I had it in, was below the map so when i looked at the map, i saw what was immediately behind me but often, it was a bit too dangerous. So i use the map and then quickly use the virtual mirror.
Reference URL's