[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: FAO: Finnish Speaking Community | Indirect Citizen's Initiative—Sign It!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

If you are a legal citizen of Finland, please take your time to sign the initiative, but you should only do so if you wanted to. It concerns the possibility of arranging a referendum on Finland's membership of the eurozone, but it will only happen if 50,000 individuals are for it.

Here is the link to the initiative: https://www.kansalaisaloite.fi/fi/aloite/1372

The initiative's originator was Paavo Väyrynen, known Member of the European Parliament (MEP).

To me, and many other, there is no point in staying in the eurozone any longer. Finland has suffered enough from the downhill of many things; from currency to crises. They have affected Finland more than any other European country. The EU is no longer what it used to be. Please read the description (Aloitteen sisältö) and reasonings (Perustelut) for further information.

P.S.: Please share the link!!

Edit: You must also be entitled to vote in order to sign the initiative.
Thanks, was supposed to sign this this weekend Thumbup1

Glad there's other in this community too thinking the same!
From an outsiders perspective it's interesting to see what our teachers and professors predicted to happen in class actually unfold. The issue with resigning from a "union" or "confederacy" is that you cannot just leave. You also take with you a certain percentage of the debt, taxes, vote, land, resources and many other factors you would never consider in every day trade. I'm interested to see what happens but it could start a huge domino effect and all of Europe could fiscally crumble.
(2015-07-18 07:23)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]From an outsiders perspective it's interesting to see what our teachers and professors predicted to happen in class actually unfold. The issue with resigning from a "union" or "confederacy" is that you cannot just leave. You also take with you a certain percentage of the debt, taxes, vote, land, resources and many other factors you would never consider in every day trade. I'm interested to see what happens but it could start a huge domino effect and all of Europe could fiscally crumble.

The thing is, that joining the EU in the first place was never voted for by the people, nor was it given a bill for the Parliament. It was just a information given by the government, that this is going to happen.

Finnish people never really appreciated it happening, and never really wanted to be in the EU. Now given circumstances mainly by Greece, we, the people, don't want to be a part of the EU anymore. Probably mainly because of the little *Removed* sending huge amounts of money we don't have in the first place, in there.
Yeah, we had better heal our economy in the first place before sending these preposterous amounts; or as the officials call them, loans, which the Greeks will never be able to pay back.
Well I am under aged, so... But I personally think that if we leave EU, we shall join NATO because of leaving from EU may cause countrys western style from other country going more weak, as EU is basically western and russia eastern, it makes Finland more easy target because of news and so on if we are not in EU. (This is my opinion and I own self am intrested to this, because my dreamjob would be finnish airforce pilot)
I don't know if this would work but am interested to see where this goes.

Seeing it gathering over 20,000 signs in 2 days is a great start!
Reference URL's