[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Trivia questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday, around 5 PM UK time, a guy from the server began saying "whoever says that first, wins 1k," which ended up in Bez asking trivia questions with prizes. My suggestion is why don't we have trivia questions every evening or at least every friday evening? No matter whether there are going to be prizes or not, it is a lot of fun because there were at least 15 people trying to be the first to answer the question. Having an "event" like this will be awesome because there are many people who pop in the server only for the talk and the laugh, not necessary for the driving Smile I would like to hear your suggestions, and of course we can tweak this idea a bit, in order to make it perfect.
Do you mean where the insim asks a question via /msg and the first correct answer receives a prize?

If so, then +1
No matter whether the insim does it or a [TC] Yesterday it was [TC] Bez.

Also, no matter whether there are prizes or not, the main idea is to have fun Smile

If the insim does this, it would require some coding from Chuck I belive, if it is a [TC] it is pretty straight-forward
What Kookoo said is pretty good. I also support your idea Smile
A good feature to have. +1 Smile
Not necesary to Chuck code it , the questions can be make from a user , but its a good idea Smile
During Gumball, my radio show will have these every day I'm on (so most days of Gumball) so look forward to that then. Smile

I should be handing out some prizes on most of them too. I'd think carrying on this after Gumball would be cool to see too!
(2015-07-29 08:51)FolloweR Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday, around 5 PM UK time, a guy from the server began saying "whoever says that first, wins 1k," which ended up in Bez asking trivia questions with prizes. My suggestion is why don't we have trivia questions every evening or at least every friday evening? No matter whether there are going to be prizes or not, it is a lot of fun because there were at least 15 people trying to be the first to answer the question. Having an "event" like this will be awesome because there are many people who pop in the server only for the talk and the laugh, not necessary for the driving Smile I would like to hear your suggestions, and of course we can tweak this idea a bit, in order to make it perfect.

If you want to do it, there's nothing really stopping you.
Would be nice, love those
I very much like this idea. I do however feel an entry fee per round (of say, 10 questions) should be charged so it isn't just the questioner who bears the brunt of funding the quiz. There'd still be a big opportunity to increase your money by a large percentage though.

E.g. 15 players each pay €2,000 per round. Prize pot = €30,000. Questions 1 - 9 yield €2,900 each leaving the final question, question 10 with a prize of €3,900.

So all you'd have to do is answer one question to be in profit.

I don't feel it'd be necessary for new InSim functionality, but perhaps something like Lazy would be useful to view recent messages to see who's sent the entry fee for the current round and validating answers (if somebody other than a [TC] was hosting the quiz).
I pretty much like that idea and as BP said, everybody can host that. It would be very cool if there is an entry fee because that way the hoster won't be sending out his money.
What exactly were the questions based on. General trivia or was there a theme?
General.
Reference URL's