[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Robbers Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, Had a 62 Minutes chase today with Sheep, Follower, Frozen, Olli and many others.

So after losing all of them and the extra backup that they called Saudi cops, Shox, another COP That I don't recall his name. I was in a 1v1 Situation where only me & Sheep were in the Pursuit.

Till Follower setup a roadblock without a caution sign or whatever in this area:

[Image: lfs_00000057.jpg]

where his car isn't visible till I get close to him at the speed of 200km/h which make me surely going to crash into him and without a way to evade him.

Now, you get your car completely destroyed after a 60 minutes chase, peoples wrong siding, parking in the road, Unlimited roadblocks and rams from the COP where if you stop for 1 sec you start to get pushed from all the angles where you car get destroyed.

Peoples start making binds of them fining you and trolling you every single time you join the server.

Summary: - We should limit the amount of roadblocks that the COP Can set. (Simply unrealistic if 1 COP Can keep on setting roadblocks in many areas)

- Setting roadblocks should be done in visible areas where we can see the COP, Not like in the picture where the COP Setting the roadblock didn't use a caution sign and placed his car in a corner where robbers are going to pass it in a high speed.

What do you guys think? The way it works right now is way too much balanced in the favour of COPs and it is almost impossible to escape from COPs, either out of fuel. Or a fully destroyed car. (Without mentioning peoples using FXR / FZR / XRR To ruin chases)

Best regards
To be honest it is actually realistic if more than one cop sets a roadblock, so ONE cop should be allowed to continously set roadblocks.

Setting roadblocks in visible areas is too much advantage for the suspect, roadblocks should be tactical & strategical to stop the suspect.

Bottom line, I don't see how escaping cops is difficult, you're most likely in the same car their driving. I don't escape cops a lot but I can say chases are fun the way they are.

Opinions differ but I stated mine at least, let us hear others.
(2015-07-31 10:47)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Setting roadblocks in visible areas is too much advantage for the suspect, roadblocks should be tactical & strategical to stop the suspect.

Your point means, Surprising suspects with roadblocks which will destruct the COP Car & Suspect's car, maybe his death, at that speed IRL
Look at american police pursuits. IRL cops step out of their car, in LFS we cant lol.
I think it should be more like they must have caution or sirens on instead of just allow them to setup 1 roadblock in a chase.

What if the cop setup the roadblock visible (yay) and you go wrong way to avoid it? Such an useful (and only allowed) attemt to make a roadblock.

Just be happy that it's not like before that more than 4 cops could join the chase :3

(2015-07-31 10:49)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-31 10:47)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Setting roadblocks in visible areas is too much advantage for the suspect, roadblocks should be tactical & strategical to stop the suspect.

Your point means, Surprising suspects with roadblocks which will destruct the COP Car & Suspect's car, maybe his death, at that speed IRL

Well in real life they would use spikestrips too, but we do not have all things cops can do in the real life in LFS.
Here's what I think of both A) visible and B) surprise roadblock:

A) Driving and you see a roadblock ahead, find the closest alternative route and avoid it. (good job cop for closing the road)

B) You're driving 200kmh like a missile and suddenly a road block appears, you hit it, both get affected.

But, you also have a MAP to use when you want to wrongside or check if there are any potential roadblocks ahead. Most likely if there is you'll see a horizontal car on the map standstill, if it is ahead of you, you can U turn or take an alternative route.
There should be no limit on roadblocks. There is no limit for roadblocks in real life. You also find that people like yourself have stupidly high ping sometimes which could account for more damage to your car. Everything is working just fine, EDIT: The RB is visible enough, which I did no realize. So no excuses really..
I don't think a !caution or similar should be mandatory. Why would you be warning a suspect that there is a roadblock?
Nor should cops only be allowed to place one roadblock each.
It's fine the way it is.
(2015-07-31 11:23)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]There should be no limit on roadblocks.

It is simply impossible that a COP In real life get his car damaged by that roadblock and 2 minutes later you find him with a new car setting another roadblock.

Also the same COP Teleporting everywhere =/ Not realistic
(2015-07-31 11:25)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-31 11:23)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]There should be no limit on roadblocks.

It is simply impossible that a COP In real life get his car damaged by that roadblock and 2 minutes later you find him with a new car setting another roadblock.

Also the same COP Teleporting everywhere =/ Not realistic

In real life there isn't a limit on the amount of cops that can be in a chase.
In real life there isn't a 10 minute limit on a speedtrap.
In real life you have way more roads to drive.
There's a lot of things real life has that we don't have or vice versa.
This is a game. Not real life.
By the way, actually, how was your car completely destroyed by the cop? The cop's car was parked in a visible area (so to say), yet you were off down the road like blue murder, pushing the throttle like a madman, attempting to drive through the curve at 200 kph. Sounds more like you aimed for the cop. However, I couldn't even know because there are no replays on hand.
Roadblocks are already weak, this would just further decrease their efficacy.

No from me; -1.
This sounds like a rant because of a lost chase more than anything else. That roadblock looks perfectly fine to me and looks like it might well either slow the suspect down or spin him out, good work by the COP. And on that area of Blackwood, it is one of the only areas where there are run-off points on the track where in racing people track-extend if they run wide; or in terms of cruising, these areas can be used to avoid wrongsiders or in this case, a roadblock.

You had plenty of room to brake and to move around him so what's the problem? Your sight or field of view must be at an extreme disadvantage if you couldn't see that roadblock in time. And really, setting up cautions for a roadblock? That's the most illogical thing you could do and completely defeats the point of a roadblock.

And I don't even need to comment on the whole 'making the game more real', KaraK did that for me.
(2015-07-31 11:40)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, actually, how was your car completely destroyed by the cop?

A collision at the speed of 150 km/h or more won't damage the steering? Really?

Screenshots:

(2015-07-31 11:54)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like a rant because of a lost chase more than anything else. That roadblock looks perfectly fine to me

So you're saying the purpose of a roadblock is to destroy the suspect car and getting the COP Car destroyed as well when a collision happen ?

Connor Wrote:You had plenty of room to brake and to move around him so what's the problem? Your sight or field of view must be at an extreme disadvantage if you couldn't see that roadblock in time.

It isn't as easy as you're watching, it takes time to react, and in that short while where the car is travelling at the speed of 200Km/H It is impossible to avoid him.

If the roadblock was placed in a straight road, I would have been able to see him and not to cause that disaster there.
Let's see some pictures of your suspension after the incident? Coincidentally, you didn't include any of those.
(2015-07-31 11:46)Annirex Wrote: [ -> ]Roadblocks are already weak, this would just further decrease their efficacy.

No from me; -1.

3 Cars blocking the road is weak, ok.

Screenshot (Click to View)
Let's think at the possibilities you're going to do when you see that roadblock;

1) Full brakes at the speed of 200 Km/h and surely wont be able to brake in time. Get crashed into the cops and get reported for ramming
2) Pass in the right side, Get your car damaged by hitting the barriers, maybe the wall.
3) Pass in the left side which is impossible to turn into that tiny gap at that speed.

How will my brain react in time and think about these 3 possibilities and pick the right one? Roadblocks are still weak? I don't think so

(2015-07-31 12:55)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see some pictures of your suspension after the incident? Coincidentally, you didn't include any of those.

Hold on, Uploading...
Please allow me to present the replay of said incident.

https://mega.co.nz/#!7M4hiTgZ!IUdMx8TC-2...Qq2HKAWdcU

Look from 51:50. You clearly didn't even attempt at avoiding FWR's roadblock. You only braked slightly and rammed straight into him. You had plenty of space to either side of him to avoid hitting him.
(2015-07-31 13:04)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Hold on, Uploading...

I've already got one picture.

(2015-07-31 13:12)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]Please allow me to present the replay of said incident.

That damage in the pic provided by Olli doesnt affect the driving of the car a bit, if you can control it that is.
Did you even try to avoid him? Pretty sure there was some space.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's