[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Logitech G27 just over one month old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Previous month my five months old G27 broke down and send it back, then I got a brand new G27 back previous month, and now it's broken again...
At first it was a calibration problem and I had to help it manually to calibrate now it seems like the optical encoder is broken and it doesn't center properly anymore.
[Image: Vs6pA7A.jpg]
Best part is that Gumball started and I am stuck with a broken wheel Tongue
Going to send it back monday evendo!

Just came here to complain and show the poor quality of the Logitech G27! Tongue

Few laps on Assetto Corsa and the wheel is doing better in a way that it's more comfy to grab on Tongue
[Image: Pjr9tTj.jpg]
I used to own a G27. I was very happy with the wheel for the very first months but then it suddenly started to make really weird noises..even once it decided to stop working properly (FFB didn't respond as it should)..but then it fixed itself (or I forced it to fix itself by setting max FFB and pretty much destroying it for a few laps which seemed to bring the wheel back to its original roots).
I am now thinking about purchasing a new wheel, though it won't be a Logitech one.
Yeah same here this wheel is now my 7th G27 it's incredible! But the problem is just other brands are pretty expensive and are just not as functional as the G27, for example buttons and the H-shifter.
I am a student and don't have a massive budget!
Watched an Inside sim racing video review of the G29.
The G27 Shifter does work with the G29 apart from the buttons
Are you sure its just not a configuration problem? I have had problems like that and I just fixed all the settings and it was fine.
Actually with what nismo said I just had a thought, have you reinstalled the drivers? I remember setting up my G27 for the first time and it didn't work. Until I installed 64 bit drivers for it
I had mine for 5 years before i bought the T500RS, the wheel was perfect till throttle kept spiking and days later it just got broken and does not accelerate fully, then i bought a T500RS ( It made me broke for 2 weeks). And all I can say is it's better than expected so far, the material, everything. It is very comfortable. I recommend it but.... The price is.. :'(
Yeah base price is high, then you still need a shifter and there is lack of buttons on the wheel, wich means you need your keyboard or a button box, wich is again around 100 bucks and space on my desk

And I also tried reinstalling the software many times!
IMO, if you are on your 7th G27, without sounding cocky, I think you need to change your driving style, I have had my G27 since Christmas and you've had 2 or 3 since then, look for settings in Assetto Corsa about the vibrations and set them to low if you can. Most people have only owned one G27 and still have it today. A few examples are I Curt and Borja. They and i have never had a problem with the wheel (although mine didn't work first time because of Failogitechs download manager on their site, I selected a 64 bit driver and it gave me a 32 bit driver.). The optical encoder is fragile unless you replace it with a brass one.
For me 300 bucks is a lot of money and I can expect to use it properly for that money right? I just play AC on default and LFS on 25%
And I seriously don't have a crazy playstyle, I mean you know my driving style on LFS Tongue
Assetto Corsa: I don't know your style in their Tongue
I've had my G27 for like 5 years and it's working fine despite using it everyday.
Maybe I am just unlucky Tongue
Let's hope I am lucky with my next wheel.
And on AC my driving style is just racy trying to get around the track as fast as possible like most people do on a game like Assetto Corsa Tongue
Get the T500RS, the shifter itself is 190$ tho lol
(2015-08-01 16:59)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Get the T500RS, the shifter itself is 190$ tho lol

That's about 170$ more then my student budget xD
Ive had my logitech wheel g25 for 7 years now.

Only now starting to show signs of wear
same here, nathan, although the only signs of wear on mine are purely cosmetic. I just opened my shifter up, and its still like new inside, despite the shifter POT was a bit out of place, which made 5th and 6th a bit finicky. since I had the shifter open, I also decided to do the noclick mod with some gorilla tape, made it feel smoother.
(2015-08-01 15:14)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]I think you need to change your driving style
I disagree! It should be built to last and it didn't last well to my expectations throughout the whole time I used my G27 to race in leagues. All those long practice sessions lasting up to 2 hours a day for a week straight already made my wheel not behave as it should. Even with the ''alien'' setup that I used on my G27 for almost two years (270, almost no FFB ingame) made the wheel handle rather poorly (noises from the FFB engine for most of the time, random disconnects, restarts) were annoying, therefor ruining my opinion about the build quality of Logitech...

..by the way, I have destroyed a DFGT real quick. As well as my ex teammate from GenR has managed to break two of them. It just shows Logitech have rather bad build quality.
So I use the wheel somtimes the same as you, many hours a week and after a few hours of driving on Assetto Corsa you can actually hear the wheel making more noise then before!
(2015-08-02 09:54)MousemanLV Wrote: [ -> ]...
It just shows Logitech have rather bad build quality.
That makes me glad I still have my G25. No issues on my end at all.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's