[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Req (Unban Request Denied by Brad)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: IgNn

● Time & Date of Incident -

● Replay / Screenshot Link: -
● Replay Timestamps: -

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban: Well, i got banned again for failing apologize after cousing accsident...
But how far i remember i always apologized, i got 3days ban earier for it..
The admin who placed the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly
Hi,

I remember this pretty clearly but I checked the chatlogs to double-check: you didn't apologise and you actually was arguing with the player you hit because he didn't "let you pass".

Unfortunately I haven't got a copy of the replay to hand, but I recall the other player was navigating a turn at reasonable speed but you approached quickly from behind him and instead of slowing or trying to navigate around him at all you slammed straight into the back of him.

Ultimately, the rules are based on city-driving--the car in-front has no obligation to jump out of the way to let a 'faster' car pass. Unless they are actively blocking (which he wasn't) then any accident is deemed to be caused by the following car (i.e. you).

You are correct about your previous 3 day ban (ending only 4 days ago, today) for a similar thing. I think a 7 day ban is more than reasonable when taking this into account.

Do you not recall arguing with the other player? It might be helpful to hear why you think it was his fault and not yours?
Well, first, in my view how he acted, he was driving in the middle of road, like always, I flashed with lights (button 3) i think I even horned, but he still drived in the middle of road.
Then I tryed to pass him from the inside of corner, but i was too fast and hitted him. Then ye I admit, I hitted him too hard, that was kinda my foult.
I didnt know that there isint rule that 'slower' cars dont neet to let to pass 'faster' cars. But again, you dont need to take whole road(racing rules). But how it look like if someone wants to pass my and i drive like drived on 50km/h and blocking all road for traffic behind me.
And banning for 7days for 1 mistake, its way too much..
waiting for answer Smile

Administrator Message by: BP

Some admins aren't able to read the forums all day as they have real life commitments to fulfil before dealing with players who are banned. Have patience. Thanks
Firstly, this isn't "1 mistake", this is 2 mistakes within a very short time, the first of which you received a short ban for. Naturally if a user returns to the server and breaks almost exactly the same rule again, the ban time is going to increase.

Secondly, this is a city-driving server, racing rules do not apply. We do not have blue flags, marshals, or podiums. It is therefore the car behind's responsibility to find a safe place to pass. There is not a right to pass.

(2015-08-04 08:53)Lotek Wrote: [ -> ]Then ye I admit, I hitted him too hard, that was kinda my fault.

Let me clarify, that fact you hit him at all is wrong, and it was totally your fault. Had you accepted this and apologised you would not be banned right now.

I don't think I can be justified in reducing this ban. I'd encourage you to spend the time getting familiar with not just the rules but also the spirit of the server, and community.

Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's