[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Lexus Hoverboard!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-pr...lly-works/

Okay this surprised me majorly! I was expecting a disappointing metal skate park built just for the board but apparently it really is a Hoverboard that can go anywhere using super conductors and crap like that! It's actually a frigging awesome leap in technology!

Back to the future anyone? Biggrin
Quote:To prove that it’s not all smoke and mirrors, Lexus invited the guys at The Verge along to try the kit out in Spain. The way it works is by creating a track in which magnets are embedded. The board contains superconductors, which when cooled with liquid nitrogen, can manipulate magnetic fields around them. What that means is that without the specific track in place, the board won’t hover. Check out the video below to see how it all works!

It needs a special skate-park to be able to hover.
I was going to say and modify the op actually, since I misread it. Still better than anything else so far Tongue
Still pretty cool. Maybe they will start adding magnets into roads and have hover cars Biggrin
The idea of magnetic roads has always been my idea. But you would have to constantly change magnetic charge to keep the momentum
There should be a way u could use the earth's magnetic field as ur super magnet and little ones in board everyone tries the hard way just have to sort the depths of pullSmile
Reference URL's