[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Request (Ban Reduced by Ras)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: dmo3_al7zn

● Time & Date of Incident today

● Replay / Screenshot Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/il40nr...cident.mpr

● Replay Timestamps: 15:22.43

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

I was banned 3 days for harassing other user(s) in gumball trying to overtake. I was told by Ras I forced Aidu off the track by ramming him while I believe I did not, here's a gif from my replay;
https://gfycat.com/FelineNippyGrasshopper

I admit I was harassing the other user by honking, I had no other choice as I was eating and the only button available on my wheel was the horn, my bind "!L MOVE OVER" was far away from my thumb.

After a few attempts to overtake and finally having space on HW2, I went besides the other user and honked, he turned on me and I returned back to the track almost losing control & driving wrong way, when I tried to merge back I hit the user on his rear causing both of us to spin, but I was just trying to get too close to him.

Later when I drove off and went to the pit stop to fix my car he came and rammed me, twice.

I remember having warning about this, but the first one was given after a ban? I was banned for it then warned for it, I don't remember harassing the player, we were just racing around and I was just honking. I do not remember the one after it but I remember the recent one where I was just honking at people to show them that my car is glowing, did not realize it will be classified as harassing.

I regret what I have done and I hope the ban can be lifted by Ras. I have no schedule these weeks as I am moving back to Indonesia in a week or two. My only choice is to play LFS.

I try very cautiously not to get banned, but I never knew the latest warning was given as a "final" warning.

Ras please don't lock this and deny it immediately after you have shared your opinion on this matter. (Unless your lifting the ban lol)

Thanks,
KooKoo
The admin who placed the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly
Thanks I'll be waiting for a reply from Ras.
(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]I was banned 3 days for harassing other user(s) in gumball trying to overtake. I was told by Ras I forced Aidu off the track by ramming him while I believe I did not, here's a gif from my replay;
https://gfycat.com/FelineNippyGrasshopper
I wasn't on about there (the gif). At Highway 1, next to the pitlane, you overtook him. Due to the road getting narrower at the pitlane exit, you ended up hitting his side and nearly forcing him into the armco barriers in the road at that location. Should have been obvious that, that was a bad place to start overtaking.

(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]I admit I was harassing the other user by honking, I had no other choice as I was eating and the only button available on my wheel was the horn, my bind "!L MOVE OVER" was far away from my thumb.
You shouldn't be doing any of these things, as you do not have priority over other traffic. They do NOT have to move for you. You wait for an opportunity to overtake safely. Constanly honking or showing a "MOVE" bind while you're tailgating bumper to bumper, is not friendly, nor acceptable behavior.

(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]After a few attempts to overtake and finally having space on HW2, I went besides the other user and honked, he turned on me and I returned back to the track almost losing control & driving wrong way, when I tried to merge back I hit the user on his rear causing both of us to spin, but I was just trying to get too close to him.
You deliberately slowed down next to him to provoke him and cause road rage. Not acceptable behavior.

Looks like you overreacted when trying to regain control. There was no need to go on the wrong side there. Anyway, not a big deal. However, when you found yourself on the wrong side, there was an opportunity for you to get back on the left side behind the guy, but instead you chose to turn back to that side just as you were lined up for a PIT, and then you PIT'ed him. It is hard to believe that it wasn't a deliberate maneuver as some sort of revenge. Even if it was an accident, you never apologised.

(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Later when I drove off and went to the pit stop to fix my car he came and rammed me, twice.
That is correct, however it is irrelevant in your case.

(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]I remember having warning about this, but the first one was given after a ban? I was banned for it then warned for it, I don't remember harassing the player, we were just racing around and I was just honking. I do not remember the one after it but I remember the recent one where I was just honking at people to show them that my car is glowing, did not realize it will be classified as harassing.
I cannot give much info out about the details of your URS, but i can say that i have carefully studied what admins has written in regards to your previous offences and due to what i read, i deemed it necessary to give you a time-out of 3 days to hopefully, finally, learn from all this harassing/provoking other users, that you've had a habit of doing.

(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]I regret what I have done and I hope the ban can be lifted by Ras. I have no schedule these weeks as I am moving back to Indonesia in a week or two. My only choice is to play LFS.
Unfortunately, that is something you would have needed to take into account, yourself, before deciding to behave like you did. It is not an admin's problem.

(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]I try very cautiously not to get banned, but I never knew the latest warning was given as a "final" warning.
Any warning should be considered a final warning. It should never be necessary to warn you several times. You should learn from the first one.

(2015-08-10 21:26)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Ras please don't lock this and deny it immediately after you have shared your opinion on this matter. (Unless your lifting the ban lol)
I won't archive it yet, but i don't intend to reduce the ban or unban you. My view on this haven't changed since i issued the ban.
Quote:You shouldn't be doing any of these things, as you do not have priority over other traffic. They do NOT have to move for you. You wait for an opportunity to overtake safely. Constanly honking or showing a "MOVE" bind while you're tailgating bumper to bumper, is not friendly, nor acceptable behavior

The move bind is used to ask the driver ahead to give way, I've seen other people use it. I understand that it's not friendly but it all started when he turned on me, I was going to takeoff till he hit me.

Quote:You deliberately slowed down next to him to provoke him and cause road rage. Not acceptable behavior.

Looks like you overreacted when trying to regain control. There was no need to go on the wrong side there. Anyway, not a big deal. However, when you found yourself on the wrong side, there was an opportunity for you to get back on the left side behind the guy, but instead you chose to turn back to that side just as you were lined up for a PIT, and then you PIT'ed him. It is hard to believe that it wasn't a deliberate maneuver as some sort of revenge. Even if it was an accident, you never apologised.
Not cause road rage, just to annoy him the way he did it to me. I was going on the wrong side to overtake, but when he catch up I couldn't so I merged back. The only reason I did not apologize is because he hit me earlier, it wasn't a ram, it was a small hit which made him somewhat get his car totaled.

Quote:I cannot give much info out about the details of your URS, but i can say that i have carefully studied what admins has written in regards to your previous offences and due to what i read, i deemed it necessary to give you a time-out of 3 days to hopefully, finally, learn from all this harassing/provoking other users, that you've had a habit of doing.

Yes it's a habit I must admit, everyone here does it in Qatar when they go over the speed limit, they get close bumper to bumper and start flashing and honking. It runs in our culture I guess but that's nothing to do with this. Smile

Quote:Unfortunately, that is something you would have needed to take into account, yourself, before deciding to behave like you did. It is not an admin's problem.

I do know it's not an admin's problem, I just thought I should express how I feel after doing this. I did not realize what I was doing while tailgating that driver because I was just trying to annoy him the way he's annoying me.

Quote:Any warning should be considered a final warning. It should never be necessary to warn you several times. You should learn from the first one.

I know, but indicating that the warning given is considered a "last warning" will make me remember this and avoid being punished. The first one, I never knew I was given it, it was almost a year ago and it came after a ban. The ban was for crashing into chuck and not tailgating.

Quote:I won't archive it yet, but i don't intend to reduce the ban or unban you. My view on this haven't changed since i issued the ban.

What is required from me to at least make you understand that I want an unban? I admitted all my mistakes, regretted it and put a lot of effort into my request in hope to make you understand.
The main issue seems to be that you'd rather try to annoy other users, instead of actually having fun with cruising and other gameplay elements on our servers. It has then resulted in you getting punished for starting to go over the top with it. You might need to change your view on how you're supposed to behave here, as it is not very nice of you.

(2015-08-10 22:19)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Any warning should be considered a final warning. It should never be necessary to warn you several times. You should learn from the first one.

I know, but indicating that the warning given is considered a "last warning" will make me remember this and avoid being punished. The first one, I never knew I was given it, it was almost a year ago and it came after a ban. The ban was for crashing into chuck and not tailgating.
We won't necessarily say if a warning is a "last warning" due to the fact that all warnings should be remembered and learned from. Not only the "Last warnings". Regarding that first warning, it was for intentionally reversing into someone who apparently annoyed you. Similar to today's incident where you also seemed to behave badly because of getting annoyed with another user. Hence why it was taken into consideration, while deciding on the action taken.

(2015-08-10 22:19)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I won't archive it yet, but i don't intend to reduce the ban or unban you. My view on this haven't changed since i issued the ban.

What is required from me to at least make you understand that I want an unban? I admitted all my mistakes, regretted it and put a lot of effort into my request in hope to make you understand.
It is clear to me that you want an unban, but it is unclear to me why you deserve it, as it doesn't seem you have learned from previous actions taken against you.
I did learn from this one and I expect a ban to be issued if this happens again.

I do come to TC to have fun and play using my wheel, it's the closest thing to realistic driving and that's why I am really addicted to playing here. I do not really like or want to annoy other users, in this case the user just did something that began to stir things up, and I reported it in time to stop it from getting worse.

I know how to behave here, I do respect all players and I do not remember insulting any player, I just honk/flash like normal.

I agree that warnings should be learned from but again, what if you make the warning sound like a strict warning? Players then will definitely stop and continuously remember not to repeat these offenses as they want to continue to play.

Ras, I deserve it because I regret what I've done, I know its too late. This ban has already showed me that future offenses like this will result in something harsher than this, something that will be like 14 days or something. I believe I should be unbanned because I learned that my driving attitude is not accepted here in any ways. Also, I never knew the first one & second one was given to me, you know humans forget especially when its almost a year ago. But the recent one was something really different as I mentioned above.

I don't want to waste your time anymore Ras, I respect your decision at the end whether or not you lift/reduce the ban, But I hope for the best to come. (Lift/reduce).

Don't forget that even when you confronted me I admitted and agreed on everything you said instead of arguing and trying to prove I'm innocent. (Which I know that neither of us were in this case)

Thanks Ras & Good Night.
I understand that you are really sorry about this. I will give my final decision tomorrow. Getting late now.
Thanks! Yes it's very late good night.
I have reduced the ban so it ends in 1 day from now.

I appreciate you effort in this unban request, however your record just doesn't allow for a complete unban unfortunately.
Thank you very much Ras & I will make sure not to harass other players again.
Your ban has been reduced
Reference URL's