[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi TC

I'm looking to buy a car soon instead of all the rental and leasing I've done the last few months. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, it should rather not due to my budget.

I'm looking for a car that have low maintenance cost and are usually cheap to insure. I'll be 25 in the end of August so most of the insurances should automaticly become more affordable.

My need for a car is that it's cheap to run with petrol, insurance and repairs.

My budget is around 30.000 - 40.000kr.

One of the cars I've been on the lookout for is a Suzuki Alto 1,1 from 2004:
http://www.bilbasen.dk/brugt/bil/suzuki/alto/11/2542224

I've also looked at Ford Ka from 2007 but they seem quite expensive to insure although they are quite cheap to buy.

Another thought is maybe to finance a car where I've looked at Mitsubitshi Space Star, Opel Karl, Suzuki Celereo, Hyaundai i10 and Kia Picanto. VW UP is in my thought aswell but I think I'll get more car for the money with other brands.

Sites you can use to find cars for me are:

http://www.dba.dk/biler/
http://www.bilbasen.dk/
https://www.autouncle.dk/en/

Thanks in advance.
VW UP, Skoda Citigo and Seat Mii are your best options for value and insurance. Here in the UK, those 3 are Insurance Group 1 Cars, meaning that they are some of the cheapest to insure here. Another one can be an old beetle xD Here in theUK that is the cheapest to insure Tongue
UP, Citigo and Mii are cheap to insure here in Denmark aswell, and all three of them have a total package with payment of 20000kr and then ~1600kr a month for insure, repairs and payment on the car which is a nice deal, but I don't really need a new car if a used one can save me a lot of money and not make me in debt.
How about a Nissan Micra?
I would defently go for a VW UP! I've had one for a year and it's without question the best car in the micro-class - mainly because it drives like a bigger car than it is. Find a used UP! at a VW dealer and buy the extended warranty for 2499,-. That is probably the cheapest solution.
Tbh Vw up interior is not that nice i dont understand why they are putting an rpm gauget behind steering wheel
(2015-08-12 13:31)945T Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh Vw up interior is not that nice i dont understand why they are putting an rpm gauget behind steering wheel

Huh?

[Image: Volkswagen-Up_4-door-2013-800-3e.jpg]
(2015-08-12 13:31)945T Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh Vw up interior is not that nice i dont understand why they are putting an rpm gauget behind steering wheel

Should it be infront of the wheel then?

Every car i have been in, has it on the instrument cluster behind the wheel lol.

So what would you rather have, then? A gauge pod in the a-pillar like Fast n Furious? Or would you prefer not to have a tachometer at all and instead having something like an analogue clock or just.. an empty space? Like in the good old days.
well I am quite biased towards the uP! We don't get any micro cars over here because insurance companies wouldn't insure them and everyone seems to want big SUVs. You can read all the reviews you want and do all the calculating you want but at the end of the day, can you live with the car. It doesn't matter how many people say it's best in class if you don't like it or enjoy it. the closer to the bottom of your price range you stay the more money you can save up for your next vehicle.

My family has bought everything from parts cars to the Vette and by far the cars that seem to be the best bang for the dollar is one bought from the end of someone else's 2-4 year lease and the purchasing an extended warranty. And once the extended warranty is no longer good you sell the car and move on to the next! We've had 3 vehicles that way in the past 5-6 years. And I actually gave a presentation comparing mini coopers to my one class in college working out the financial costs and benefits of each!
I am in love with the Aygo/C1/107 triplings. They are like go carts, also pretty fast and economic at the same time. Does 94 kph in 2nd gear, reaches 180 kph tops in 5th. Due to that, you will be at very low rpm whilst still having enough power when driving at 80kph or 130kph. They are immensely fun to drive, just get one with low milage or a replaced clutch. The clutches tend to wear out from around 100.000 kms. My stepmom has a C1 with 120.000 kms on it. Clutch is starting to become a bit odd, but only if you shift gears very quick for some reason. Nothing else has failed yet, and she hasn't had it serviced for like 50.000 kms. Pretty reliable and cheap little car. Give it a chance at the very least Smile
Wee, have you considered the safety aspect? If you get hit by a big vehicle, the micro car will generally lose. Have you tried looking at slightly older, bigger cars?
Micro cars are good to find Parking spots!
What about a kia picanto? It's little and cheap, the 1 from 2006 makes 20 km/l. And you only need to pay around 500 for the weight of the car
Actually the Picanto is a decent suggestion as well. They also make them in 1.2 litre variants with more grunt than the other small cars. Get a newish one as you will then still have the 7 year warranty on it.
Or... You could just buy my girlfriends Fiat 500 twinair! I nice little car - you can see it in Copenhagen Wink
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, appreciate it.

Well can you send me some pictures Vang? I hate the ones with white interior, i want it all black or black/silver if I'm going to buy a 500.
Here's a few pics from the dealer where we bought it.

[Image: wNF2UTd.jpg]
[Image: buxZFNL.jpg]
[Image: 7dRBjsf.jpg]
Alright okay, but it's not within this month I'm buying the car, but if it was going to be a 500 it would be one similiar to hers Smile
Toyota starlet glanza V
Micra super 's

New fiesta with eco boost
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's