[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cattle issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everybody loves to have cattle near their house (Cows, Sheeps, Pigs, chicken). Its fun, its easy food and relatively low-maintenance.

Unfortunately, it seems that people keep INSANE AMOUNTS of them in their homes. This is causing some issues to other players.

This is the second time i've seen most of my cattle completely disappear from my pens. Its impossible for them to escape on their own (2 gates to pass) and griefing is out of the question (said gates).

I've seen people keep more than 20-30 cows at their house. I'm pretty sure the server must me "capping" as some point and starts to de-spawn the "older" animals.

Can we implement a rule to prevent said issue? I'm out of cows now and it would be impossible for me to attract new ones in the pen (2nd floor and clearance issues)

Thanks.
Without the "Minecraft" reference, this reads quite disturbing.
(2015-10-12 05:58)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Without the "Minecraft" reference, this reads quite disturbing.

I opened this post as "today's post" without knowing it was minecraft sub. I sure was confused.
Ill check the configs now Sebas and see if there's anything that is causing this issue. If so ill bump up the limit, if not we will have to make a new rules on animals.

None of the configs are removing mobs. But after a search on google there is a bug in 1.8 where unloaded chunks allow the cows to suffocate in walls or floors when the chunk is loaded in and out.

It was reported in version 1.4.2, but never actually got fixed

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-2025

If it isn't this you must have someone killing them.
Seb & TC Admins, I've had a cow farm & a chicken cooker for a while, and at one point I had around 200 cows and 100 chickens in the same area. I've never had a problem with the animals de-spawning or escaping so I would say that it's an issue with your pen. Also, the chunk where all the other farms are has to be loaded, otherwise the cows disappear until you return to the area and load the chunk up. Essentially, when we're offline, no matter how many cows and/or chickens we have, unless we're in the same area as them, they technically don't exist. Before this thread was made last night, I killed off 90% of the cattle and chicken so we only have 20 chickens left and around 4 cows.
Hmm. Okay then! Guess its time to transform my cattle pens to bigger farms.

Thanks guys!
Reference URL's