[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here goes.

My idea was to add an extra command for non-cops, to call for police, because they saw someone disobeying the road laws.
Something along the lines of !911 , maybe with the ability to add a reason after it, would give a message to all stand-by cops saying police has been requested at <location> for <reason>.
Maybe even a !respond command for cops, to let the ''dialer'' know a unit has dispatched.

This would certainly add some roleplaying, and I would love to see it be implemented.
Maybe as an addition, a cop/tow/med/res radio could be made, to make communication between services more reliable, and to make it more attractive to wear a med or res tag.
Hmm sounds nice, but how would that work?

If you report somebody for dangerous driving then the cop had to witness it and furthermore he would have to be there on time. Not sure to be honest if this would work at all.
I'd like that, but I don't think it'd be used much.
I like it. Would be nice to see it.
Or it would be used too much.
It could possibly be spammed and if a Cop wasnt there, (generally) it didnt happen for the Cop to initiate the chase. Since they werent a direct witness.

Its a sketchy subject but this is based on the whole !Laser + !showlaser situation.
A cop should witness it before initiating a chase, but that is something the cop should take care of, by being there fast enough. You can easily say what direction they're heading, then let a cop wait for the lawbreaker further up.

Spamming it would mean you're 1) Spamming, and 2) Abusing the system.

Obviously this won't work with dangerous driving (unless he continues doing so), but the main idea behind this is to add more roleplay.
I don't like the idea..

Why? Because it's hard enough slowing down and following the laws everytime you see a police car, never mind a civilian car.. You don't need the whole server watching you to see if you're breaking the road laws..
(2012-02-07 21:14)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the idea..

Why? Because it's hard enough slowing down and following the laws everytime you see a police car, never mind a civilian car.. You don't need the whole server watching you to see if you're breaking the road laws..
The cop still needs to witness it, the civilians just make the cop alert.

And the spamming? Easy to solve by just allowing people to only use it once every X minutes.
This is a cool concept, though it can be unreliable. Unsure

Neutral.

Malibu has a good idea.
Or for the cops who don't want 911 calls, they can just !tog911 for their own use.
A saying in the ghettos of Massachusetts and school bathrooms goes:

"Snitches get Stiches!!!"

Then they end up in ditches (in the real world)

Would be nice but i would start hating some people after a while, i do like to cut people off in my XFR.
The idea would be good, but might need some 'editing' for better use..

(2012-02-08 05:28)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]A saying in the ghettos of Massachusetts and school bathrooms goes:

"Snitches get Stiches!!!"

Then they end up in ditches (in the real world)

Would be nice but i would start hating some people after a while, i do like to cut people off in my XFR.

What does that make with the suggestion?
(2012-02-07 19:36)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]....Something along the lines of !911

Should be !000 Tongue
(2012-02-08 06:05)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-07 19:36)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]....Something along the lines of !911

Should be !000 Tongue

No !112
!1337
It also would be nice if a heavy crash happen, we must call police.
Would be nice if you did !ditch

It then closes LFS and hot girls come to your front door.

Smile

Anyway - sounds good but useless, wouldn't get used. By the time a cop gets around the track, it would of stopped and no evidence.
Reference URL's