[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Filsoof unban(?) (Unban Request Denied by Dracula)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: Filsoof

● Time & Date of Incident: 07/11/15

● Replay / Screenshot Link: I don't know?
● Replay Timestamps: I don't know?

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
First of all I just wanna know if I'm banned? Because a smaller event happened bit before I quit, when I came back later it wouldn't let me connect so.
Hello,

I am the admin who banned you.
The reason I banned you (which is found on the [TC] Ban List) is your insulting of another user.

As you know, I was involved in the discussion that happened prior to you disconnecting.
When you disconnected, I was able to take my eyes off the server for a short while and check through your history, which showed me you have had many warnings for this behavior, including what was noted as a final warning.
Due to the history, I believed a short ban would suffice for your offence.

I am happy to discuss this ban further with you here if you think it was invalid or unjustified.
Alright, if so then I'll get started I guess.

So, I accidentally caused an accident (Accidents happens, I'm using mouse temporarily)
I was gonna write an apology, but then you stepped in whilst I was writing which kinda got me bit as it was an accident. You then say that I nearly hit you earlier, which I do not recall and was happy to talk about and that I could explain my situation.
Now here it all starts.
Suddenly people involves themselves, that I had nothing to do with and just had a hate against me for whatever reason. 2-3 people just involving themselves and you didn't seem to do anything about this, which from my point of view believe that you should've have as this was a situation between you and I, and I believe we could have solved that easily. I don't know if you do know the feeling, but like 3 people just accusing you for random stuff makes you get into a corner which where you have limit amount of decision/time to think clearly.
I called Bee a pig at a point, as he had literally nothing to do with anything. Pig is an animal, it's not an insult. If he takes it as an insult, then that it his problem, not mine. He then told me to shush, which I believe is very provoking and immature way to handle a situation. That is as bad, as I called him a pig because I found shush an "insult." too.
I called him a kid then I believe, and I quit the game so I wouldn't insult him because I was really pissed at that point.

That's my point of view, hope you can get yourself into that too and judge from there.
I can most definitely relate to the blame-game situation you mentioned, I've been a user on [TC] for quite a while, and also an admin, so I see quite a lot of it too.

As for me 'not doing anything about it' - the other users who got themselves involved did not use any inappropriate language or use any insults, and as such I did not ask them to stop as I believed that since they were involved in prior incidents or incidents that were not too long ago, they had a right to question or speak about it.

The issue I have here, that happened on the server but is also being portrayed in your reply is, is that you don't seem to understand that calling someone a pig, is an insult, as it is disrespectful when used to label someone, and people can and will find it offensive, whether you like it or not.

It is not their problem if you call them it and they find it offensive, it is your problem, as you are within our servers, and thus within our regulations on what you should and should not do (for the most part).

This is why you were banned, for breaking the rule which is made to prevent people insulting and disrespecting other users.

As for "shush" - I don't really see it as such a bad thing, you seemed to not have any issue calling a user a pig, shush seemed quite justified to me when all you were doing at the time he sent it was arguing with him, all the word means is be quiet.
However, if you feel I'm wrong, feel free to make a report and I will leave it to another admin to have their say on that.
This will be denied and archived if left with no reply in 24 hours.
Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's