[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - Report - Bee (Archived by Ash)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your LFS username:honzaQ4

Their LFS username(s): smirkysmoke
Their in-game nickname(s):[TT]Bee[COP]

Main reason(s): Provoke in-chase cops

Replay and/or screenshot link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0vitzs...m/Asas.mpr
Replay timestamps: 48:40:00

Description of incident (inc date & time):

He just won't let me over take him despite he is in a slower vehicle and driving like in cruise trips. Blocked me multiple times and in the 3rd attempt to over take he just steers right when he realizes I was going left to avoid an accident instead of letting me through he performs PIT maneuver on me.
All of that was under "We aren't losing the suspect" according to him, but just after a few seconds he knew he was wrong and ran straight away when he realized he is almost lost the suspect.
Es explained via chat: I drove straight and nothing else. YOU pulled left. i actually did nothing lol. Apart from the ridicolous incident itself:

pls read this: http://city-driving.co.uk/manual/police_guide
Policeguide Wrote:A unit may only overtake another unit under safe conditions, emergency situations and when instructed by the lead unit that you may overtake.

I held a safe distance to the other cops, and could have gone faster aswell, but we dont just overtake when we feel like it. I ALWAYS let faster cops pass me.... aslong as they dont force their way thru in dangerous places.
(2015-11-13 18:28)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Es explained via chat: I drove straight and nothing else. YOU pulled left. i actually did nothing lol.

you actually did something, doesn't steering to the right just in that exact moment count as "something" ?

(2015-11-13 18:28)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]I held a safe distance to the other cops, and could have gone faster aswell, but we dont just overtake when we feel like it. I ALWAYS let faster cops pass me.... aslong as they dont force their way thru in dangerous places.

Driving behind a slower vehicle which drives slower than all other units (you could speed up) which brakes when it feels like to do so is considered dangerous
This report is being looked into. Please be patient.
At the timestamped incident which you detailed in your original post, yes Bee was driving a slow car, however he could have been driving a BF1 or FZR but he still wouldn't have been able to get physically any more closer to the chase as his distance between him and the other vehicles was already limited.

I do not feel that Bee blocked you, as he was driving towards the pit entrance, the road curves around, therefore each time you 'attempted to overtake', Bee was simply repositioning himself to the road curvature.

Quote:I was going left to avoid an accident

If you had not been driving in the manner you were, then you probably would not have even needed to 'avoid' an accident. You cut straight in front of Bee, clipping his front offside. You mentioned that 'he steered right', this was to stop him being dragged into the nearside barrier and also dragged across onto the otherside of the road with you. Bee's action of steering right probably was very beneficial for you aswell, otherwise he would have pushed your rear which would have caused you to loose control as if you had been PIT manoeuvred.

I will however mention about the cop guide with the quote "A unit may only overtake another unit under safe conditions, emergency situations and when instructed by the lead unit that you may overtake."... May I remind that this is purely a guide, not a rule. So yes you are allowed to overtake, but whether or not it is safe or logically is based upon the situation. This situation has proven it was not safe or logical.

I do honestly feel this whole report could have been prevented if you had taken the time to review your replay yourself and look at the incident from all other angles and then you would have seen that you was at fault.

No action will be taken towards Bee.

However, I will be issuing you with a warning based upon the following rule:

Rule 5.1 Wrote:5.1. Road Laws
Cops may break road laws only in case of a chase or joining a chase. Be sure not to put other players in danger. Try to drive on the correct side - only go on the wrong side when necessary.

You managed to break the road law "Dangerous Driving".

I will leave this thread open for a few hours in case you wish to add any points to it.

Ash
If I hadn't "cut Bee off", I would have rammed the cop in front, which causes a bigger problem, the finest call was the one I made by switching to the left side. Braking would also cause an accident with the cop in front.

as long as I remember, mistakes (usually small ones) occur in all chases even between the cops, yet not containing them or be "flexible" is a problem. I mean, if was in bee's situation i would just slightly brake and everything would be normal, he wouldn't have lost the chase or anything else.

I have watched the replay many times yet I couldnt find a reason why he steered to right and kept on driving (no braking no nothing)

and can I ask whom I have dangered?
(2015-11-13 21:24)Asas Wrote: [ -> ]If I hadn't "cut Bee off", I would have rammed the cop in front, which causes a bigger problem, the finest call was the one I made by switching to the left side.

You have literally just said it yourself. You 'switched' to the left side, therefore cutting off Bee.

(2015-11-13 21:24)Asas Wrote: [ -> ]Braking would also cause an accident with the cop in front.

Well you put yourself into that position by unnecessarily overtaking.

(2015-11-13 21:24)Asas Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, if was in bee's situation i would just slightly brake and everything would be normal, he wouldn't have lost the chase or anything else.

Thats true, but where you was pushing Bee, it may have made it worse. I feel Bee reacted correctly in this situation.

(2015-11-13 21:24)Asas Wrote: [ -> ]I have watched the replay many times yet I couldnt find a reason why he steered to right and kept on driving (no braking no nothing)

As I said, to stop him pushing into you and spinning you out.

(2015-11-13 21:24)Asas Wrote: [ -> ]and can I ask whom I have dangered?

Bee.
(2015-11-13 21:27)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13 21:24)Asas Wrote: [ -> ]and can I ask whom I have dangered?

Bee.

I don't get it? contact between cops is a must thing in chases as far as I recall but performing PIT maneuvers on each other is something different.

In the end of the day the one who made a little contact and got PIT'ed gets a warning, yet the one who walks out un-harmed and manages to take a cop out is right and no action is taken against him.

I would have been okay with no actions taken against him by this report, because, in the end of the day, it was kind of minor and that pit maneuver didn't lead to anything worse (crashing, losing the suspect..) and the report was made in a moment of anger. but i end up getting a warning is tbh silly, 98% chases suspect and the cops "danger" themselves.
I didnt take you out. YOU took yourself out, and almost took me with you. as said several times. simple as that. pls just watch it out of my perspective.
[Image: Screenshot-13.11.201523_25_23.png]

And pls look at the timestamps. just a second until the situation is over and im already on my brakes. and slowed already from 190 to 160. I cant even recall if i steered or not. maybe instinctively steered to regain control or not get pushed wrong way, or maybe even a ks issue, as keyboard driving stabilized helps countersteering. or maybe just cuz i got a hit. no matter how... i got a nudge wich endangered both of us and it was entirely your fault. i did NOT pit you and i did not take you out.

No action has been taken for reasons described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's