[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 partition removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this summer i decided to try the Windows 10,though in my eyes its shit.
So far ive barely used it and prefer to stick with Windows 7.
When i installed it i set off a partition just for W10 and i can select 10 or 7 on bootup.
My question is, how do i remove windows 10 and the dual boot without ruining everything.

PS: This was the first time i used dual boot.
[Image: PartitionJedi_zpsiphiyruy.jpg]
Im not sure if this is what do you need , but...

I use MiniTool Partition Wizard , and then , you can click on the partition that you had created, and can format it , then you have this space free and can add to other partition , for example , for partiton of Win7
Cant you just format that 2nd partition? Then delete it and extend your C:/ one
This is the guide you need to follow, Jedi: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windo...=windows-7

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks Pete, just done it, not rebooted since doing it so not sure how its faired, but will let you know when i start pc up again in morning.
Ok, great.
Works good Smile
thank you
To be honest, I'm going to downgrade, too. Even though I like it, I still haven't found a reasonably convenient method to find my programs and, e.g., Control Panel.
(2015-11-20 11:05)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I'm going to downgrade, too. Even though I like it, I still haven't found a reasonably convenient method to find my programs and, e.g., Control Panel.

Right-click on the Startbutton.
(2015-11-20 14:54)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-20 11:05)Warped Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I'm going to downgrade, too. Even though I like it, I still haven't found a reasonably convenient method to find my programs and, e.g., Control Panel.

Right-click on the Startbutton.

Lol, damn it...
Downgrading from W10 isn't a good idea to be honest. Many of the new features and optimisations in W10 make the older versions unbearable to use anymore.
Well, one thing I don't like is that Windows 10 doesn't recognize Google Chrome shortcut and, when clicked, the shortcut says "This shortcut does no longer work properly." (Or something along the lines.) Oddly, I can access the Internet by right-clicking and choosing a new window.

The second thing that I feel is annoying is when I click Start, my PC sometimes starts to use quite a lot of resources... But now it doesn't do it.
Re-do the shortcut from your Google Chrome installation folder ?
(2015-11-20 20:22)Val Wrote: [ -> ]Re-do the shortcut from your Google Chrome installation folder ?

Yeah, I have tried it multiple times to no avail. It appears to not work after I restart the computer...

Oh, one more thing. Where are all the updates? I remember Windows frequently update itself by itself, but since I upgraded to W10, I haven't seen any updates.
Go to where you do update (Windows key, type "Windows Update", it should be enough) > Advanced options > Display updates history or something.

Have you tried a re-install of Google Chrome ? By the way did you upgrade to W10 from an older windows or is it a fresh setup ?
Something's definitely broken with your installation then.

I'm using a fresh install at home and a Win7 upgraded one at work and both of them are working just fine. No bad surprises whatsoever.

Sure, some parts of the interface just got worse, the system settings are a good example for that. MS tried to do the splits between a mobile device and a PC and just failed with it. However, all the "old" PC dialogues and settings are still there; you just need to use the right-click menu. On a PC, you're never gonna need the that new settings menu.

Apart from that, it's running quite nicely. The multi-monitor support got a lot better. The search function is surprisingly good as well.

I was very skeptical myself when I installed it. I calmed myself by saying "it's just a 20GB launcher-app for GTA5". Everything on top of that is a nice bonus.
Thanks. And I upgraded the PC from Windows 7. (I did not lose any of my programs.)

Trying to reinstall Chrome soon to see if it works.
Reference URL's