[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: + Report - [GLOW]Thomas (Report Archived by Pete)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your LFS username: vRenegade

Their LFS username(s): thomasdk95
Their in-game nickname(s): [GLOW]Thomas[COP]

Main reason(s): Causing a collision & refusing to accept blame.

Replay and/or screenshot link: https://www.mediafire.com/?g4ul048wspdvgk6
Replay timestamps: 08:50.00

Video:

I understand the video is a little choppy at the beginning (my Vegas Pro is acting up) so feel free to reference the replay also.

Description of incident (inc date & time): Time indicated in chatlogs below:

The video explains it'self, both Thomas & Harris were in seperate chases, however Thomas was never going to make the corner, & collided Harris before Harris had even crossed the yellow line. After confronting Thomas about the matter he had this to say:

Quote:2015-11-17 18:17:48 VTU•Harris[COP] : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] - What was that about ?
2015-11-17 18:17:53 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : ?
2015-11-17 18:18:00 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : You ignored the right of way
2015-11-17 18:18:10 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : I was in a chase
2015-11-17 18:18:16 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : The crash was your fault
2015-11-17 18:18:48 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : lol
2015-11-17 18:19:47 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : VTU•Harris[COP] - You are meant to apologise when you cause crashes Wink
2015-11-17 18:20:11 VTU•Harris[COP] : I had sierens on ?
2015-11-17 18:20:16 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : So?
2015-11-17 18:20:31 VTU•Harris[COP] : Obey them and try not to hit me flat out ?
2015-11-17 18:20:44 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : Dude, the crash was your fault entirely
2015-11-17 18:20:50 [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : Learn the right of way
2015-11-17 18:21:05 VTU•Harris[COP] : well we will see

If Thomas had braked accordingly, our chase would have passed safely and none of this would have happened.

I personally wouldn't have made this report considering bother parties are at fault and the blame cannot be given to just one person however I dislike the arrogance and how Thomas spoke after being confronted, claiming that he did nothing wrong & Harris is 100% to blame.
This report is being looked into. Please be patient.
Please hold on on finalising this report until I have had time to review it.
First off, I fail to see how this incident even concerns you in the first place Renegade? Oh well, with some people you never know.

I apologise for my attitude if it came across as arrogant, it was not meant to sound like that.

As both VTU•Harris[COP] and I were in a chase, common roadlaws should apply if I'm not mistaken?

If you look at the picture below, you should be able to tell that I in this case would have had the right of way over Harris, as he is coming from a sideroad onto a mainroad(breaking a solid line to join the main road).
[Image: sWWQbVY.jpg]

As Harris approached the junction he made no attempt at slowing down, neither did he even bother to look if other vehicles were approaching, making this incident his fault.
[Image: Q9luyux.jpg]

I do admit I was coming into the junction a bit too fast and that I would have crashed anyway, fine, but had Harris slowed down/stopped like he was supposed to the accident with him wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Oh and you seem to have lost a few lines in your chatlogs? Please allow me to post them here.

chatlogs Wrote:17/11/2015 7:17:47 PM : VTU•Harris[COP] : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] - What was that about ?
17/11/2015 7:17:52 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : ?
17/11/2015 7:18:01 PM : VTU•Harris[COP] : You hit me man ?
17/11/2015 7:18:09 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : I was in a chase
17/11/2015 7:18:15 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : The crash was your fault
17/11/2015 7:19:46 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : VTU•Harris[COP] - You are meant to apologise when you cause crashes Wink
17/11/2015 7:20:00 PM : VTU•Renegade[COP] : Thomas, that was your fault
17/11/2015 7:20:04 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : How?
17/11/2015 7:20:07 PM : VTU•Renegade[COP] : Let the admins decide
17/11/2015 7:20:10 PM : VTU•Harris[COP] : I had sierens on ?
17/11/2015 7:20:11 PM : VTU•Renegade[COP] : He was chasing too
17/11/2015 7:20:15 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : So?
17/11/2015 7:20:30 PM : VTU•Harris[COP] : Obey them and try not to hit me flat out ?
17/11/2015 7:20:43 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : Dude, the crash was your fault entirely
17/11/2015 7:20:49 PM : [GLOW]Thomas[COP] : Learn the right of way
17/11/2015 7:21:01 PM : VTU•Renegade[COP] : Just wow
17/11/2015 7:21:04 PM : VTU•Harris[COP] : well we will see
17/11/2015 7:21:34 PM : VTU•Renegade[COP] : You were flying down the road, not even atempting to brakes
17/11/2015 7:21:36 PM : VTU•Renegade[COP] : brake*
17/11/2015 7:21:45 PM : VTU•Renegade[COP] : Like I said, let the admins decide

EDIT: The pictures are with original LFS textures.
(2015-11-18 16:23)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]First off, I fail to see how this incident even concerns you in the first place Renegade? Oh well, with some people you never know.
Alright, first of all Harris was going to make the report but after a discussion, Pete said I might as well do it instead, so I did. What does it matter that I am making the report and not Harris exactly? You're still in the wrong.

(2015-11-18 16:23)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]I apologise for my attitude if it came across as arrogant, it was not meant to sound like that.
Secondly you claim that you didn't intend on sounding arrogant yet your opening sentence ends with nothing but.

(2015-11-18 16:23)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, with some people you never know.
Quite hypocritical...

Thirdly as you can see from the GIF below, regardless of Harris' intent, you crossed over onto the wrongside of the road and collided with his car before he was even technically in "your lane"

EDIT:*Just for clarification, the speed of this GIF has not been adjusted in any way*
[Image: j8aRPCD.gif]

Not to mention the fact that if you had braked for the corner properly, you would have been further back down the road, enough for the chase to pass safely. You can even see by the trajectory of Harris' car that even if Harris had joined the road, if you were on the correct side, you wouldn't have touched each other. But there is no ifs and buts, that facts are:
  • You collided with Harris before he was even classed as being on the same road as you.
  • You still fail to accept any responsibility for your actions and your attitude is still wrong.

And as goes for that chatlogs, I was mentioning all the conversation between you and Harris, what I said is not important, but I was certainly not trying to hide it. It was your attitude towards Harris that concerned me most. A huge lack of respect, so ignorant & adamant that you are not to blame whatsoever. At the end of the day, we're a community, we should all get along. If you had only apologized, but no.

Regards,
Renegade
I'll try to be brief. The accident was Thomas' fault. Here's why.
  • Thomas' brakes were applied 75m before the collision point and 70m from the apex at over 100mph. There's no way you can stop an FZ5 in that little space.
  • The accident took place off of the other side of the road (at ~65mph).
  • At the point the collision happened, Harris hadn't even left the junction, albeit by less than a foot.
Since both parties were in chases, Thomas would have seen the sirens in front of him. In this case there is no "right of way", the chases should give each other room. Furthermore, Thomas' suspect was several roads away and had pretty much evaded having taken a different route to Thomas.

It's also worth noting that had Thomas slowed enough for the apex of the corner, Harris would have been long gone. That said, had Harris actually seen the excessive speed Thomas was travelling, he probably would have yielded. Judging by how far back Thomas was when Harris was crossing over the bridge, he probably thought he had the time to cross.

Although Harris isn't completely blameless, he will not receive any warnings or punishments from this incident.

As for Thomas, he will receive his final, final warning (his previous final warning was June) for his arrogant, hypocritical and somewhat ignorant attitude. As for Thomas' lack of car control and vigilance as a cop during chases (which he received a warning for a few months ago), he is reminded to drive within his limits.

Thanks for the report.

Action has been taken as described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's