[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: wrongway on autobahn question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello fellow TCers.
so just a question on how long it is allowed to wrongway on the oval.
so according to this report wrongwaying for short periods(despite traffic) is now ok:
[Image: B_WwEscape.gif]
if i would have followed him i would have driven straight into the arms of that fz coming with like 210 kph. but its my fault (for not following him and endangering civilians) that i lost the chase.
-
suddenly people tend to take strange routes more and more. funny its mostly the same "sort" of people. so here are a few examples of what i witnessed today:
-
-
So what of theese would not be acceptable? what would be? Imho its just ridicolous to allow all of theese including the first out of the report. only ones fine to me would be where no cars are approaching at highspeeds. e.g. the u-turn at the rb and entering the oval and exiting it lil ww towards the rb. With two or up to four cops turning and maneuvring in the middle of the autobahn (thru the armcos) while cars approaching with up to 240 kph it is just way too dangerous and can cause a mess in many cases. the rule to me is quite clear as its "strictly" forbidden to ww at all. but obviously its not.

I just like to know if i can use theese routes as a suspect or not? or if i report others for it if i waste your time?

regards, B.
I wouldn't call that as an acceptable manoeuvre from the suspect. Wrongsiders have been punished for the same offence in the past so I don't see why an exception should be made this time round.
I outlined everything for you Barney in the PM's we had.

I will post me side here so everyone can see what was discussed about this and other situations.

If you wish to post your side of the PM's that's up to you.

Bez Wrote:Hello Barney,

The way our punishment system works is based on the users URS and past punishments for similar offences. Also, each admin has their own ways of handling their own punishments. Some Admins may be more lenient than others.

So, in the future please do not announce that people will be banned. It's the same for [TC] members in a trial stage. We cannot announce a ban length or punishment until it's been approved by an Admin that is able to see the URS.

He gained a minor advantage by u-turning where he did. He was also blocked with no real way to go. If you had kept driving instead of crying over the situation, you would have been fine and kept up with the chase.

GIF rundown:

GIF #1

Suspected was pitted into the barrier quite hard, which sent him flying onto the other side of the Autobahn.

The Admin who dealt with this case deemed the suspect should have waited for the COP's to catch up.

If I remember correctly Thomas received a warning for excessive force and Val was banned for his attitude afterwards during the discussion on the servers.

After this incident, there was a big discussion thread in members was made about clearing this situation up. The idea of stopping this from happening then came up: (15-07-2015)

[Image: bb60b39ff3.png]

This was implemented on both servers (17-07-2015)

GIF #2

With this situation, the Admin who dealt with it deemed it an unfair advantage. Without names, I have no idea why or what action was taken for what reasons in this case.

GIF #3

Again for whatever reason the Admin dealt with this situation in their own way. Without names, I have no idea why or what action was taken for what reasons in this case.

GIF #4

BADR wrongsided for a very very short period of time due to yourself blocking his path. I deemed this acceptable due to the situation due to the fact he continued the right way once he had the chance to. If he had continued wrongway this would have been a different outcome, due to him continuing to fail to abide by a server rule.

If he had wrongsided then gone up the offramp onto the other side I would have taken punishment against him because then he has gained an unfair advantage. But the way he actually went he gained a very little advantage and this was due to you typing and clicking his name not by him uturning.

Summary:
  • Each Admin deals with situations differently. We are all different people.
  • We are all here to enjoy ourselves. We only remove users that are negatively ruining gameplay for others or failing to comply with rules purposefully.
It's perfectly simple.

No one is allowed to wrong side on the autobahn except cops if their suspect makes a last minute lunge down an off-ramp or exit (TOWs are allowed too for short distances). Even then, they must use their discretion if there is traffic or if the distance is "too far".

See rule 10.1.1: tc-g.uk/rules

10.1.1 Wrote:Exceptions to rule 10.1.1:
1. Cops in chase may drive on the wrong side of the Autobahn for short distances if no alternative route is available without losing the chase, provided it is safe to do so.

2. Users towing a vehicle on the Autobahn are permitted to drive on the wrong side for short distances if that is the safest and most efficient solution.

In this case, Barney did the right thing by not following and the user who did a u-turn on the autobahn should be punished. The cop who drove the wrong way should also be warned in my opinion. Again, it's discretion at the time but in my opinion, Barney did the right thing.
"fz coming with like 210 kph."

He has a duty to slow down.

The first guy who passed when you boxed him would have seen you all from a distance back and also could have slowed down.

"1.5. Stay away from chases.
Let suspects and cops pass and give them room for manoeuvring. Do not follow or overtake chases. If a chase gets closer, stay passive, slow down and wait until the situation is over. Do not help the suspect or the police."

IMO, had this rule been respected, you may have been able to confine to rule 10.1.1 "Cops in chase may drive on the wrong side of the Autobahn for short distances if no alternative route is available without losing the chase, provided it is safe to do so."

Clearly this was not possible as it was not "safe to do so", and clearly the suspect has broken the rule of going WW. Had the other cars not been there, IMO it would be fine to catch up the chase making the suspect's actions less blameworthy. Although less blameworthy, I think the rule still needs to be enforced and thus give out punishment. In this particular situation, the act of going wrong side whilst other cars are about should IMO make this a punishable offence.

As much as you want admins to follow the written rules, you have to understand it's subjective and wordings such as "short distances" and "provided it's safe to do so" when applied to different situations will be interpreted differently by each admin as explained by Bez and thus each report is looked at on it's own merit. My aforementioned is the reason sometimes decisions are inconsistent with regards to the written rules.
That's one dis-advantage of having 2 seperates lanes in the autobahn and bridges, if that part was open as it used to be, that wouldn't have happened.
The rule exception is for cops and not for civilians. The suspect evidently broke the rule from what is seen in the gif.

Of course, I am not an admin, so I can't judge but I did nonetheless...
I was the officer in the FZ5, my only choice was to go wrong way for a short period to follow my suspect into SZ2. If I didn't I would lose him because when suspects go to SZ2 and i'm still on the AB I tend to lose them?

Sorry if I committed any violations to the regulations of TC but it was my only choice and I don't see it as rule braking as the rule states: "1. Cops in chase may drive on the wrong side of the Autobahn for short distances if no alternative route is available without losing the chase, provided it is safe to do so."

I don't remember the incident, but I don't remember endangering others and it was a pretty short distance.
(2015-12-04 01:10)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]I was the officer in the FZ5, my only choice was to go wrong way for a short period to follow my suspect into SZ2. If I didn't I would lose him because when suspects go to SZ2 and i'm still on the AB I tend to lose them?

He could have took the bridge anyway Smile
(2016-01-28 11:02)N Power Wrote: [ -> ]I will agree with Dino, we both were in the Chase at this time behind the suspect, but a sudden turn into the wrong side of the AB is clearly a unfair advantage.

I appreciate the fact he did go the right way after making the u turn, but regardless he did know that you're not meant to go WW on AB and yet he does to perform the u turn.

Just think this is unfair for cops who follow the rules and don't expect suspects to do such a thing.

What do you expect if they get reported and not punished? And even after discussion it is clear that its wrong, but instead of correcting a mistake, nothing happens. I even asked specifically for your(s and dinos) case above(second pic), yet didnt get a reply if it is ok or should be reported.
I actually asked if its ok in this thread to have something to show em that it is not allowed without reporting it.
By not punishing them, they are technically being told that it is OK to do, so they will keep doing it of course. And i will in future aswell do so.

Theese cases mentioned above(pics in spoiler) happen every day in almost every chase having a [GC] involved but i cba to report 'em as my last report was being declined.

€dit: oh forgot something: #wannabeeadmin lol
I agree with Barney. I see this happening nearly everyday on Kyoto and its quite frustrating when suspects get away because they perform such actions.

Although some may call this a minor issue, if it happens quite often I wouldn't see it in that way. I hope some action is taken on the report Dino made and/also on people that break this rule in the future.
Yep it's a real pain. It's also very annoying when somebody slams their brakes on just after the bridge on the Autobahn, then wrong ways, goes up the bridge and onto the opposite side of the oval.
(2016-01-28 11:59)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]Yep it's a real pain. It's also very annoying when somebody slams their brakes on just after the bridge on the Autobahn, then wrong ways, goes up the bridge and onto the opposite side of the oval.

Agreed!
The rules are pretty clear.

[Image: cV8sIkq.png]

The person shown in the OP's .gif broke the rules since he wrong sided on the Autobahn whilst doing his U-Turn (and no exceptions apply to him there) and should've been dealt with.

Pete posts in good detail here: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid196382

I hope this is conclusive enough for you. Smile
Now try to explain that to an arab while not being an admin. Especially after you reported him with no outcome and he even laughs at you for doing a "negative" report and keeps doing it.
WW on the autobahn isn't the real issue here. I can tell that much.
(2016-01-28 13:35)BP Wrote: [ -> ]The person shown in the OP's .gif broke the rules since he wrong sided on the Autobahn whilst doing his U-Turn (and no exceptions apply to him there) and should've been dealt with.

Who? The suspect or the cop?

I admit the cop was me and it was my only choice.
(2016-01-28 14:35)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]the 2 meter are surely worth no report

I'd say about 10. Nevertheless: Four cops doing a uturn through a narrow gap in the middle of the ab with cars approaching at up to 240kph, just because someone ignored the rules and did an unexpected move is a huge danger and will often result in heavy crashes and lost chases.

Just think about it for a sec and come back commenting when you actually cop yourself.
I think it SHOULD be pretty clear.

Wrongsiding on the autobahn aka oval is strictly forbidden.
Even if it's only 10 metres the rule applies. Especially if you ENTER the autobahn on the wrongside.

Now, talking about my current report - it might gets declined with the reason that we easily could've followed by either driving the same way like the suspect (since we are allowed to do so since maybe a year) OR the route which is legal either way.
Yes, we failed and it was our fault to lose the chase.
But it's simple. He wrongsided and should be punished.
(2016-01-28 14:52)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-28 13:35)BP Wrote: [ -> ]The person shown in the OP's .gif broke the rules since he wrong sided on the Autobahn whilst doing his U-Turn (and no exceptions apply to him there) and should've been dealt with.

Who? The suspect or the cop?

I admit the cop was me and it was my only choice.

In this case I was referring to the suspect. You were covered by the exception to the rule.

(2016-01-28 14:05)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Now try to explain that to an arab while not being an admin. Especially after you reported him with no outcome and he even laughs at you for doing a "negative" report and keeps doing it.

Just to reiterate, if the suspect wrong sides on the Autobahn on purpose and/or finds himself on the wrong side and doesn't wait for the cops to catch up, he has broken the Server Rules. If your attempts to rationally talk to him fail, you are entitled to make a report.

BTW, if you disagree with the outcome of a report and you cannot resolve it between yourself and the admin involved, it's probably best coming to TC Management (I don't think you did this).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's