[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Changing the SO track one week after ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

I have a question:
Why we don't change the SO track, who makes the same size as BL1 (Blackwood) track, every week, like the Blackwood?
I don't see any reason why we don't apply that.
Yes, SO is better to makes the chase hard because of his corners, but doing 1000km in a day is, for my opinion, impossible without being bored.
Some persons aren't agree with me, and I know it. I don't want to critic the server, but I just want some answer, moreover the SO track is good anyway.
Just boring for doing some high distances as I said above.
I started a pool about it, and you can answer.
Add a poll to the OP, it's easy to gather opinions that way Smile
EDIT: Ah, you've done it.
I did it Smile
I would say all tracks are boring for doing long distances, it's because on South City you are travelling at a much lower speed than you would on any other track. I can understand what you mean, but I quite enjoy South City. I'm sure a handful of others enjoy the track too.
Yeah. 1000 is excessive. But when doing 100km in Kyoto or Westhill isn't a problem for me, doing even 50km on SO is so boring. After, if I am in a chase it's not a problem, but for cruising...
But, I respect your opinion anyway.
I quite like the slow cruising around the tight and twisty streets of South City. I suppose that's down to personal preference, but I don't think there's enough people to think this is a good idea for it to be implemented, compared to Blackwood.
May I ask something; if you find the game boring then why are you playing it all day? No one's forcing you to drive 1000km every day, it's your own choice. Having little breaks of two to five days every once in a while makes the game a lot more fun. I personally like Sydney because I don't get to play so often nowadays. Thus I voted for two weeks.
I'am not doing 1000 km every day, trust me.
As I said, everyone has his opinions about this.
I have my mine, and I wanted to know why it was like that, not more.
Olli, I didn't said that South City wasn't fun. Just said that playing on it for two weeks -even 30min everyday- can be boring.
For my opinion, South City is good, but 2 weeks is quite long, and a random player (a newplayer for example) can be bored.
But thanks anyway for your opinions, now I know why this is like that.

EDIT: One more question, why do you decided to change the SO lyt to do a left-side driving lyt?
Little question since I'm playing on it... Smile
(2015-12-21 20:42)Olli Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask something; if you find the game boring then why are you playing it all day? No one's forcing you to drive 1000km every day, it's your own choice. Having little breaks of two to five days every once in a while makes the game a lot more fun. I personally like Sydney because I don't get to play so often nowadays. Thus I voted for two weeks.

+1. Playing , have some chases and disconect.
South City is nice.
I like it.

Quite a lot.
Just wait until Eric finishes/rebuilds South City. Holy hell that will be awesome.
oh my that will be awesome
Okay Pete, I trust you so, lol
The lyt isn't finished now? Smile
(2015-12-21 21:25)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Just wait until Eric finishes/rebuilds South City. Holy hell that will be awesome.

In a magical fantasy land far, far away....

I found SO a lot of fun when it was RHD. The LHD made it weird to me and not as fun flying through those streets. Nothing feels right now in my opinion. The flow feels awkward.

"You just need to get used to it" says others. But I have, and its killed it for me.
Back when we voted on most popular tracks i remember south city doing much better in the votes than i would've though. I am kind of indifferent about it, not my favorite track but i still enjoy it.

LHD doesn't bother me even though i drive RHD in real life. I've had a few of those brainfart moments where my muscle memory just turns into the right lane without thinking about it, but overall i don't mind it.
Noo! South city is my favorite track.
I certainly preferred South City when it was on the right side of the road, not the left. I thought I would enjoy the change but its been a bit strange trying to get used to it was annoying because I was so used to right-hand side driving. I love South City, but not how it is at the moment because of the layout.
SO is my favorite track. The best for cruising (high bonus for small amount of kms), hard for chases, the best for following TOW, MED´s rulles to do their work in safety way (because of closed track). In SO is action behind every corner, cuz of its small size. I also find out the leftside driving better then it used to be. It was hard to get used to that side, but after that, it is absolutely fine.
I do prefer SO over any other track in Lfs. That does not mean that I want to play this track for 3 or more weeks straight. You have to keep some rotation in it so it doesn't get boring. But 2 weeks is perfectly fine for me.

I hope it stays on for 2 weeks every time
I just can't get the layout after it was changed to the left side, so i'm not enjoying it at all. I'm ok with not playing for 2 weeks during South City tho.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's