[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Phone recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Since my iPhone 4 died earlier this week, I'm looking to buy a new phone.
So far my main two options are the One Plus Two and the One Plus X (Anyone know the real differences between the two?). Was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Other suggestion; 6s+.

I've always had apple phones since iPhone 2, tried an android once and it felt difficult.

Edit: it also started to get laggy after a few weeks.
(2015-12-22 21:24)Shikari Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Since my iPhone 4 died earlier this week, I'm looking to buy a new phone.
So far my main two options are the One Plus Two and the One Plus X (Anyone know the real differences between the two?). Was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Unless you already tried Android and liked it before you had your Iphone, I strongly suggest that you stay on the Apple platform. Doing the switch can sometimes be difficult to people.

As for the suggestions you already made, they are both excellent phones. It all comes down to specs: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/onep...oneplus-x/

The x has a bigger screen, bigger storage capacity. The 2 has Android 4.1, More ram, bigger battery. Its all about what you want.

Remember when I said to choose according to your budget when you asked if you should buy a 970 or a 980? Well its the same thing here, The X is 250$ whereas the 2 should be 390$.

Hope this helps.
KooKoo: Don't have anything against Apple, they just overcharge and I'm not going to pay for a brand for the sake of it Tongue

Sebas: I think I'm going to go with the ceramic X, costs an extra £70, but then again for £10/20 more I could get the extra specs of the Plus 2, hmm, think I'll watch/read some reviews on both tonight.

Thanks!
My OnePlus One is great, I've heard good things about the Two as well. It's just a nice phone. And it was cheap for the specs.
Hi,

I think that the post #3 me covered everything you need to know, if you don't mind throwing the extra 140$ then you can get the better version.

However,
I had an iphone 4, I bought a galaxy s3 to replace it and years later I'm still using android. I can't stand apple phones now, they are too basic and annoying because there's no menu/back keys
I have over year and half old iPhone 4s and I like it even if the battery starts to be crap.
(Ima one of those who open their phones 4 times a week)
I would go for a Sony.
I am kinda a Sony fanboy tho but I have a 3 year old Sony Xperia S, and battery life can still go up to 1,5 day and I can run a full day when using it a lot.
This explains the quality of the sony phone.

Now they released the new Z5, and I think that is a great phone but the Z3 will also rock pretty good for a lower prices!
It also comes with a GREAT camera!
I have a few suggestions:

• Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen
• One PlusTwo
• One PlusOne
• Google Nexus 5
• Google Nexus 5X
• Google Nexus 6
• Google Nexus 6P
• Moto X 3rd Gen
Go for the oneplus 2. You won't be dissapointed. For the 2 months that i have had it it has been awesome. Haven't noticed any major bugs or lags and i have recieved 2 or 3 software updates since owning it. Oneplus will be updating their oxygen os to android 6 in q1 of 2016, so the battery life will improve and probably the fingerprint reader also.
[Image: appel-iphone-6s-30092015dk-v2?$fullpng$]
Or the 6s

You have to pay more for a better quality.
The Oneplus 2. A friend of mine has it and he sold it after 1 month. He said the battery live was very short and I watched his phone after factory reset not even making it throughout half a day.
(2015-12-23 13:34)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]Or the 6s

You have to pay more for a better quality.

Facepalm, look at Olli's photo (on the back of the phone).

Considering Apple have a product obsolescence rate of 3 years, an Android device is more worth it.

E: Also Shikari wont want to pay for a bendy phone...
Depends on what you want.
I mean an iPhone just works. It doesn't lag and stuff.

But if you want to use NFC, bluetooth or want to download some apps to mess around (for example the gpad app) then the Apple products will let you down.

If you JUST want a phone that works and you don't care to much about the high price of an Apple phone. Then go for it.

If you want some more freedom and do cool stuff. Get an android device. And don't go for those chinese phones. For example there GPS is accurate on 30 meters. That's not what you want!
[/quote]
E: Also Shikari wont want to pay for a bendy phone...
[/quote]

This, I always laugh at people when they say you pay for for Apple cause of the quality. I used to really like iPhones, my 4 has later me almost 5 years, but after the 4 I think they went down hill.

I'm going to go with the Oneplus Two, looks like a really good phone for the price and I have an android tablet so I know the OS will not be an issue for me.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I liked the looks of the Droid Turbo (But its not available in the UK) and the Samsung A series but I can get a better phone for the same price.
iPhone quality isn't bad. I had a 4s for over 3 years, never took it to service or cracked a screen. It still works to this day and I even sold it to someone else after I stopped using it. I currently have the iPhone 6s 64gb. And Skoda, the only phone that had the bendy fault was the 6(!) not the 6s. I've had the 6s for two months or so, no faults at all. And after all, if I'll use the phone for three years, its not even 300€/year. So my suggestion would be the iPhone 6s. It's great for watching movies and videos. And it still isn't too big for my pockets. It's also got a 4k camera and the quality is amazing.
OnePlus all the way. Stay away from that pricey Apple shite.
I have the 6s+ and everytime i sit down to tie my shoe or wear my shoe it goes into my belly. But i like it
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's