[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Programming Minithread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to this Programming Superdupermegathread!

Programming is one of the most important aspects of a Computer, because without Programming, Computers cant do much! By itself, Programming is a digitally written set of instructions that instructs the computer to do what the code tells the computer to do.

WHAT IS A COMPUTER?
A computer is in its base form is a calculator of instructions that perform an output based upon the Input and what happens to the input to become Output.

GENERATIONS OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
Programming Generations are simply a way to classify programming languages by complexity

Generation I: Machine Code. This code is very complex and is executed directly by the CPU to produce the specified output. Very hard to read and write with, but simple for a CPU to process

Generation II: Assembly Languages are low level languages more complex but requires a assembler to be useful. Each language is specific to an individual system.

Generation III: These languages are high level ones. Whereas Generation IIs are machine dependent, Generation IIIs are more programmer friendly and easier to write with. Examples are COBOL, Fortran, and more popular ones like Java, C++, BASIC, and Pascal.

Generation IV: These languages have narrower uses but are still common, like Database accessing. These languages are closer to human lanaguages than Generation IIIs.

Generation V: These languages are mostly used for Neural Networking and AI.

LIST OF COMMON LANGAUGES:
ASSEMBLY
Code:
.MODEL  TINY
        .CODE
CODE    SEGMENT BYTE PUBLIC 'CODE'
        ASSUME  CS:CODE,DS:CODE
        ORG     0100H
        DB  'HELLO WORLD$', 0
        INC DH
        MOV AH,9
        INT 21H
        RET
BASIC
Code:
10 Cls
20 Print "Hello, world!"
30 Sleep
40 End
Bash (example code is a basic Bash Hello World script)
Code:
  #!/bin/bash         
          echo Hello World   
Batch / .BAT (example code shows a Hello World Script in a BAT file)
Code:
@ECHO off
ECHO Hello World!
PAUSE
C (Example code is a Hello World script)
Code:
//C hello world example
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
  printf("Hello world\n");
  return 0;
}
C++ (Again a Hello World Script)
Code:
// my first program in C++
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  std::cout << "Hello World!";
}
C#
Code:
// Hello1.cs
public class Hello1
{
   public static void Main()
   {
      System.Console.WriteLine("Hello, World!");
   }
}
Java
Code:
public class HelloWorld {

public static void main(String[] args) {
        // Prints "Hello, World" to the terminal window.
        System.out.println("Hello, World");
    }

}
Lua
Code:
    print("Hello World")
Javascript
Code:
console.log("Hello World!");
PHP
Code:
<html>
<head>
  <title>PHP Test</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php echo '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?>
</body>
</html>
Python
Code:
print('Hello world!')
Ruby
Code:
puts "Hello World"

More to be added on request

Just what can programming do?
All sorts of things, from simple database querys to massive websites like Facebook to sattelite behaviour.
And as seen here, even functional Prototype AIs!
    https://youtu.be/UIWWLg4wLEY
CONTRIBUTIONS
Have something to add to the topic? Please post or PM me the content you want to add and Ill try and add to this post
credits to Becquerel for the original thread design/concept
(2015-12-26 13:43)MariusMM Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused, what are you trying to accomplish with this topic? Learn others about programming or actually learning something yourself? I'm not trying to kill the thread but your intention is not exactly clear to me.

It's obvious programming is quite new to you from your previous topic (http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...id=20761).

Are you trying to give people the impression you wrote that text above by the way? It took about 15.5 seconds to find the original text... At least give some credit... http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=287485.0
just wanted to make a place for forum people to elaborate on programming abit
yeah, ill put in credits to becquerel
(2015-12-26 12:48)kxait Wrote: [ -> ]credits to Becquerel for the original thread design/concept

Er, no. It's not a design nor a concept, you copied and pasted word for word, claiming it was yours first, now you are saying not all of it is copied? Did you even got permission from the original poster?
Reference URL's