[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Separated drift track on Blackwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys!

Many people complaining about that Blackwood is boring for them.
As i seen the TC guys are trying to make that track a bit less muzzy and now we have the opportunity to ride over the fence and reach the Car Park area or even we can salvage ourselfs from the OOB with using that gateway objects.
So lets see why are we bored around the good old BL:
Wants to cruise? Lets hit the track!
Wants to do some rally/rally-cross? Let drive around the dirt-track!
Wants to do hooning/ram/fun around? Lets hit the car-parks surface!
What if some moron - like me - wants to do drift a bit? Errmmm.....

Let me introduce my vision about this small area behind the pitboxes.
The layouts progress is around 85%, so please take this as an representation.
As we can see on the first picture there is an interference between the SafeZones area (green) and a part of the drifting grounds area (red). Is there any solution for editing more accurately that region/selection around the original fence ?
What do you think about this topic? It's seems to be an usefully innovation/integration?
I would like to know guys what is your opinion or idea!

[Image: lfs_00000025.jpg]

[Image: lfs_00000019.jpg]

[Image: lfs_00000021.jpg]

[Image: lfs_00000023.jpg]

[Image: lfs_00000024.jpg]

Cheers!
It's a good idea and it would be cool to have, but we all know TC is primarily a cruise server. That being said, there are plenty of drift servers out there which you could drift on. I understand that you might enjoy being on TC, but I can't see a drift layout being built on that scale.

Maybe it would make Blackwood less boring, but I can see other players not agreeing with having a drift layout behind the pits.
(2015-12-29 23:53)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]we all know TC is primarily a cruise server.

Typical answer (which one i agree) . If want to drift , go to drift server.
(2015-12-29 23:59)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-29 23:53)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]we all know TC is primarily a cruise server.

Yeah its clear but you know, tell this to all the people drifting around the chases and roundabouts or hogging the lanes with moving sideways! Biggrin
(2015-12-30 00:03)TAJM Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah its clear but you know, tell this to all the people drifting around the chases and roundabouts or hogging the lanes with moving sideways! Biggrin

You have a point.
(2015-12-30 00:03)TAJM Wrote: [ -> ]

You have 100% of reason !
(2015-12-29 23:53)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]

They've built a drift layout @Aston. So why not one at blackwood?
(2015-12-30 00:48)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]They've built a drift layout @Aston. So why not one at blackwood?

If i' not wrong there is an separated part of the track - for drifting - on FernBay even.
(2015-12-30 00:59)TAJM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30 00:48)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]They've built a drift layout @Aston. So why not one at blackwood?

If i' not wrong there is an separated part of the track - for drifting - on FernBay even.

Fern Bay is literally just two tires either end of the swamps, your idea uses much more objects.
Its [TC] CityDriving, not [TC] CityDrifting.
(2015-12-30 01:12)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30 00:59)TAJM Wrote: [ -> ]

Fern Bay is literally just two tires either end of the swamps, your idea uses much more objects.

There is something at Sydney, however. So it is something we do sometimes.
OP looks a bit object intensive though.
Why not just make a ramp to car park and lay out a few objects over there?
(2015-12-30 10:34)BP Wrote: [ -> ]There is something at Sydney, however. So it is something we do sometimes.
OP looks a bit object intensive though.

+259 objects
(2015-12-30 10:34)BP Wrote: [ -> ]OP looks a bit object intensive though.

Yes, the unfinished part of the track on south city is good for drifters, however

after downloading the BL layouts I noticed that they are still, plenty of room for improvements, It is always possible to use 1 Long armco rather than 2(highway). If that is applied it'll save some space for bridges/drift tracks for peoples who wants to drift, even though the maximum objects that can be placed is 1800 I think, and at the time in which I downloaded the layouts and went in single players mode, I only saw ~1200 in use. so adding another 259 objects for a drift track won't really cause that much of a harm, leaving 400 objects left to be invested in future stuffs.

You may say that there are others servers for drifting, but I just don't like switching from a place to another, losing trip etc...

Good suggestions TAJM, keep them coming Thumbup
(2015-12-30 10:33)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]Its [TC] CityDriving, not [TC] CityDrifting.

No shit. Pls tell us more.
(2015-12-30 11:03)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just make a ramp to car park and lay out a few objects over there?

There is already a ramp! As you can read in my first post, that area called as "Noobing Ground" so, its just occupied for bangers/rammers.
Its pretty weird for me, but i am just one from the many.
I don't see why [TC] couldn't, or wouldn't want to, offer drifting areas for people to spend time in. I'd rather welcome drifters and other different players to my server than say, "No, this is a cruise server. Find another server."
A drift track that stops drifters from getting in the way on the road would probably be a practical idea, but maybe not make that, like BP said, no object-intensive. Even though there is still room for improvement on the Blackwood layout, I still think we need to keep more objects for major improvements to the actual cruise layout, not a drift layout.

I'd suggest making that less object-intensive and simpler with maybe just some barriers to show where the drift track is. Considering you're right next to the pits, you can just put a ramp back into the Safezone and pit, then come back with a new car.
(2015-12-30 18:14)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]I still think we need to keep more objects for major improvements to the actual cruise layout, not a drift layout.

As we have nothing to add right now, I think that a drift track should be on top of the list, but since there are free slots, then why not to try the OP Idea? Smile It can be removed anyways when you guys needs some space for future stuffs.

Having stunt zones is always nice, and could save us 60€ a careless driving fine (it could also save RedJ a 18 days ban too) Laugh
(2015-12-30 18:14)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest making that less object-intensive and simpler with maybe just some barriers to show where the drift track is. Considering you're right next to the pits, you can just put a ramp back into the Safezone and pit, then come back with a new car.

Working on it.
Reference URL's