[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - Report - Mr. AD/Mr. Special & UnderCover (Archived by Brad)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your LFS username: hsvdin0

Their LFS username(s): Racerss, rodgsteves
Their in-game nickname(s): Mr. AD/Mr. Special, UnderCover

Main reason(s): Ban evading

Replay and/or screenshot link: n/a
Replay timestamps: n/a

Description of incident:

Not sure if you guys at [TC] also think it's a bit fishy, but many people do.
I also have no proof - but hey, can there be a proof?

Account Racerss is banned and account rodgsteves is way more active since then.
The way of driving, the amount of speedtraps, the activity which account rodgsteves gaines when Racerss is banned etc. The fact that two of those accounts are active now on the forum etc...

Just the fact that sometimes BOTH accounts are online in LFS mean nothing, that's not really hard to really get his brother to play from time to time.

I think it's not fair if Mr. AD receives a well deserved server ban and just can continue driving.

Maybe there's a way for [TC] to have a closer look at this incident, but come on - does he really want to tell us that his brother (?) plays LFS now a lot more because he is banned?

I don't believe anything here but that Mr. AD is effectively not banned.

Finally:
[Image: 569a7ce033747-I_see_what_you_did_there.jpg]
No need to reply, Mr. Undercover
This report is being looked into. Please be patient.
Video chat available...
(2016-01-16 17:25)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Video chat available...

Just the fact that sometimes BOTH accounts are online in LFS mean nothing, that's not really hard to really get his brother to play from time to time.

Feel free to lock the report before it ends up with hundreds of comments before a decision.
Please, both, stop posting until I get a chance to look into this / reply

Obviously for anyone else thinking of weighing in on the conversation--same UR rules apply.
Hi,

Obviously multiple accounts in one household are an issue, particularly when one of the owners gets into a bit of trouble—as has happened here.

Now, we take account-sharing seriously and ban-evading even more so. However, we have an obligation (not one forced on us, but an obligation we force on ourselves in trying to do the right thing), to investigate these case-by-case before taking any action—there have certainly been cases in the past where we would have banned an innocent party had we been more “trigger-happy”.

The same level of scrutiny applies in this case.

Of course, we are continually concerned that Mr AD could be using his brothers account—he likely has access and a strong incentive to do so—however from all methods available to us (and there are quite a few), we’re not confident enough that banning ‘rodgsteves’ is the right thing to do at the moment. I’m not denying for a second that there are some suspicious circumstances, but nothing that—once weighed against opposing evidence—gives us a firm reason to ban his brothers account.
Clearly, though, if something more concrete appears then we’ll have no hesitation in taking further action on both accounts.

What personally annoys me, and has been an internal discussion point in recent weeks within TC, is the community involvement in this case. Not only does it create a hostile atmosphere, it serves no constructive purpose. Unless you have evidence of someone being guilty, the sensible thing to do is assume innocence.

Ultimately, from a community and game-play point of view, it doesn’t matter a huge amount to you, as long as the player is following the rules. The real impact of ban-evading is on us as it under-mines the rules and the admins; for that reason, if/when we have evidence, we treat it extremely seriously.

I'm not going to leave this thread open for discussion; if anyone has any firm evidence of wrong-doing, you should PM the appropriate team-members. If not, I hope we can stop the petty arguments & comments and have fun playing the game

No action has been taken for reasons described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's