[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Refund Request - Skoda (Denied by BP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Your LFS Username: skodaowner

- Time & Date of Incident: 10:26

- Replay / Screenshot Link: Click Here!
- Replay Timestamps: 26:26

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve a refund: I exited the roundabout but the tail kicked out for a split second. However, Dino (hsvdin0) chased me and fined me for *Drifting*. The fine was €30.

Definition of Drifting - "Drifting is a driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires, while maintaining control from entry to exit of a corner. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, to such an extent that often the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn."
Are u serious? 30 secs after u asked for a refund ingame you said you're gonna take it to the forums? I was in a chase, stop making unneccesary work for the admins.

Will have a look at my own mpr now.

I'm not gonna refund it, it was a minor incident, still you could've released throttle while shifting that your tail NOT kicks out as you said ingame.

The fine I chose was the lowest possible (30€ anyway), and at a section (roundabout) with lots of cars around it was careless to do that, you could've spun out, could've hit the barrier or whatever.

I offer you a refund of the half of it (€15).
The fact that there was a slight slide, I will accept your offer then.
This refund request is being looked into. Please be patient.

Code:
2016-01-23 10:27:48 UTC     One (Kyoto)     *HOST*     [CSR] Skoda was fined 30€
2016-01-23 10:27:18 UTC     One (Kyoto)     *HOST*     Offence: Careless driving (30 €)
2016-01-23 10:27:18 UTC     One (Kyoto)     *HOST*     [TT] Dino [COP] fines [CSR] Skoda for:

Whether Dino said "fined for drifting" or whatever is irrelevant since the fine, InSim-wise, was for careless driving. Definition of careless driving for you:

Fine List Wrote:Careless driving (30€ / 60€ / 100€)

Examples: cutting corners, ignoring lines, cones and barriers, drifting, doughnutting, all kind of stunts on the track, operating an unsafe vehicle, constantly driving backwards

Online Dictionary Wrote:not giving sufficient attention or thought to avoiding harm or errors.

The fine list shows some examples of careless driving and also shows the general nature of which this fine can be applied to drivers.

As you can see, 30€ was the minimum fine and even if you thought this fine was wrong, is it really worth wasting an admin's time over? Hardly.

tl;dr; slightly pathetic!

P.S. Something which I probably didn't make clear; the fine was valid in this case.
[TT] Dino sent 15€ to [CSR] Skoda
Thanks.
Thread can be closed.
Even though Dino partially refunded you, it was not at any admin's request and this refund request wouldn't have been approved.

We're sorry, but your refund request has been denied for reasons described.

It has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's