[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: TOW/MED/RES training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello peeps.

I've been active on the server for a while now and more I'm active, more I see this happening so I decided to bring it up now.

I am a MED/RES on the server, but I've noticed that some TOW/MED/RES do not know how to properly do their job. Countless times I've seen people doing about full speed rams into the guy they're helping and if the car flips around job is done.. even tho the car is completely obliterated from the hit that person received. I personally see TOW/MED/RES job to be more like actually helping and trying to minimize further damage to the car or have you seen tows in real life get 100 km/h speed and hit the side of a car? I don't think so either. I would also say that the person being helped feels a lot more realistic or as realistic it can be.

So, to embrace the idea that TC is based around, which is to create a real life feeling on the servers. I'd like to suggest TOW/MED/RES training to be done. Either mandatory or optional.
I came up with this idea since cops already have this kind of training, only for those who got their rights revoked tho, but why not to create the same kind of training to rescue vehicles.

What should the TOW/MED/RES training include?

- TOW/MED/RES specific job overview.
- For MED/RES: Correct use of the ramp in different situations
- For TOW/MED/RES: Useful towing maneuvers.
- Using reverse maneuver etc..
- Giving them an overall tow setup which can be used to tow effectively on sand, roads and grass.
(For one car only, if there is no interest to make multiple. ie. RB4)
- Some example situations where to use caution/hazard and where not to.
(This is covered by the guides already, but it would be good to see them used in an example situation.)

These are just come things I came up that could be included in the training, more can be always added if more ideas come up.

I've based this idea around my experience as a MED/RES and as a TOW in other servers and I truly wish to improve the stuff on this server and making the user experience more enjoyable.

Comment down below your opinion about the idea and give your words about it. Do you like or not? And if you don't like it, explain why, so it can be improved! Smile
Yukine makes a tutorial video
Personally I'm totally agreeing, getting your work totally messed up by "some" tow/med/res without experience is a bit... umm... Or using ramps for every works..

An explanation of basics manoeuvres could be at least a good thing, like in manual or something else. It could avoid some people ramming others at +120kph (and eventually avoiding projecting them on the way of others).

Maybe an optional training like the basic cop training? If admins notice your lack of skills they can revoke your license with an obligation to pass the training.

--

About the part where you say "100 km/h speed and hit the side of a car", it can be useful if the helped doesn't roll at all (like flat roof, caused by a nub med?)
We have been discussing this thing really many times. And I would also love too see this on the server. But the answer is still a no from all the other non med res tow people
I am a cop or a normal cruiser, never a med/res/tow but I hate it when a stupid, newbie tow rams me at 4 billion miles a hour and I end up on my roof again. I personally think it should be like cop training, heavily persuaded but not mandatory.
Hmm, this sounds good to me. If it will be worked out to perfection it will get an +1 from me.
Although a good idea, it has indeed been suggested and discussed before.
The outcome was always that it would probably not be worth it.
Rammers are easily reported and banned.

Developing an official training program would be too demanding on the TC team, and gathering the trainers for it would most likely not be that easy.

I believe the ability to revoke a license and to ban rammers are enough, and a training program is not needed.
There was an affiliate team once who set it up on their own, which was quite successful at the start.
I do understand if there is not enough resources to implement such training. I decided to bring this thing up also so people actually think would they be in need of a training.
Smile
(2016-01-23 21:54)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]Developing an official training program would be too demanding on the TC team

They have already done it with 2 types of cop training so why couldn't they do it with tow/med/res training?
(2016-01-23 22:09)k_badam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-23 21:54)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]Developing an official training program would be too demanding on the TC team

They have already done it with 2 types of cop training so why couldn't they do it with tow/med/res training?

Developing and maintaining a training program takes up a lot of time and effort from people.
I'm afraid you don't understand how demanding it is to keep the Training Team running, just for cop training alone.
(2016-01-23 22:09)k_badam Wrote: [ -> ]They have already done it with 2 types of cop training so why couldn't they do it with tow/med/res training?

Because even those COP trainings eat so much freetime from normal playing a game. It also need many trainers. They would need more ppl to join this training program as trainers to conply tunes of new training requests.
This would require so much more admin work that many people don't need. You'd have no idea how much admin work goes on behind-the-scenes in the Training Team and if we want another Training program for MED/RES/TOW, that would require so much more work for the [TC] Leaders that they quite frankly unfortunately don't have time for.

Always a good suggestion, but not practical in my eyes.
(2016-01-23 22:31)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]This would require so much more admin work that many people don't need. You'd have no idea how much admin work goes on behind-the-scenes in the Training Team and if we want another Training program for MED/RES/TOW, that would require so much more work for the [TC] Leaders that they quite frankly unfortunately don't have time for.

Always a good suggestion, but not practical in my eyes.

you could however select a new panel for TOw/RES (such as Bruno) and perhaps this could work. I agree that some tows/res are useless and most of the time for me, it's just waste of my time to report anyone for tnhe mis-us of tiwing/res

(im drunk deal with it)
Towcat did have an awesome video tutorial on towing, but it seems its not uploaded anymore sadly.
(2016-01-24 08:02)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Towcat did have an awesome video tutorial on towing, but it seems its not uploaded anymore sadly.

Yeah, I noticed the same. I think Yukine should do the next tutorial video Tongue As he is one of the best tows/meds around at the moment, and was voted for the best Biggrin
At the very least be a bit more descriptive in the manual. I recently got my TOW licence but the only thing that was really covered is how to respond to a call. Once you're on scene the manual just leaves you to your own devices. I honestly have no clue what I'm supposed to do
There is no way for every situations on how to do it.
Depend of every scene, you have to act in different ways.
I highly recommend you to use the rear of your car. I remember the days when ramps never exist...
@SkyForce Just a general protip: avoid using ramps. Ramps must be used when needed/as a desperate solution in my opinion.
I have seen (and got affected) by beginners trying to tow only using ramps.

When a car is on its side or on its roof, the common way (depending on the position, the terrain you are on, and some other factors) would be to hit the center of the car (door/roof) while reversing.

Also, patience and confidence is key to everything. If you fail one, two, three attempt, do not get yourself irritated/nervous.
As a TOW / MED / RES your first and foremost action should be to evaluate the environment around you:
  • Is the car blocking traffic? / Will traffic be obstructed?
  • Where will traffic be coming from and how fast will they likely to be going?
  • Is the situation safe to proceed with towing? Do you need to wait for POLICE / HwA / MED / RES backup to close the road? (Are there units available to help?)

You should then proceed to TOW the car, using !caution if required to do so. !ramp should be a last resort as said by Yukine above. Use the rear of your car to flip the car over, sometimes speed is not the answer but positioning your car is. You will learn this as you TOW more and more.

Sadly there used to be an awesome TOW guide made by TowCat, but it was removed for some reason or other. Watch and learn from others as they tow cars. You'll grasp it soon. Goodluck!
(2016-04-14 10:27)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly there used to be an awesome TOW guide made by TowCat, but it was removed for some reason or other. Watch and learn from others as they tow cars. You'll grasp it soon. Goodluck!

Bit pfftopic, i know.

He removed it after he got a warning/ban/kick/ or some other admin action IIRC.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's