[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Making Syndey layout Safer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I'd like to propose an idea to improve the safety in a sector of the Syndey layout.

Currently there is an open intersection where crashes continously happen cause drivers are not invited to stop at the stop sign and rather power through.

Look at picture (Don't mind quick Paint work.)

[Image: Kgr71gw.jpg?1]

I'm of opinion that such a small roundabout could massively the safety of this sector thus improving the flow of traffic.

Just an idea.

[RDSR] Rocky7
TBH the roundabout connecting Highway One and High Street isn't any safer because people don't know how to use their brakes. Whilst speeding around today, I wasn't included in a single crash at the aforementioned intersection. Instead, my car got smashed into atleast three times at the roundabout in the space of half an hour. Nice idea but it most certainly won't make a difference...
Not sure if a roundabout, or a bridge like the ones we have on Kyoto, at the junction from sz to oval.

But yes, it need an improve
A couple ideas for this junction. I think either a roundabout or a bridge thingy would make this better as i am often crashed into by drivers racing through there are high speeds.

[Image: r1XTlyh.jpg]
[Image: kjRUJIh.jpg]
I think trying a rb there wouldn't be a bad idea at all. If it wouldn't work out then revert it back to how it was.
Not sure how close we are on objects for Sydney, I don't think a roundabout would fit nicely even in that area. People just need to learn to giveaway..
Imo sydney is already small enough with all those objects. Theres no need for yet one more roundabout there if people just drive properly and give way correctly.
I've had a lot of troubles there too, but it's just people not giving enough attention to the road. You can't really make it better or safer, without using waay too many objects and making the spot feel tight and crowded. The map is already rather challenging to drive with an FZ without colliding on every wall.
A lot of people don't even look at the road markings, which can be frustrating. I do actually glance right or look on my map when coming from gas station to arches, but other people thing it's a follow-through road.

Some of the suggestions are pretty neat, no harm in trial and error.
(2016-02-01 21:08)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]People just need to learn to giveaway..

This.
Also, a roundabout in such a tight area would cause chaos for when chases are about.
Fastly made a roundabout design , with 1671 objects / 1800:

[Image: eglNNvu.jpg][Image: GmJm3M9.jpg][Image: RNrcwAx.jpg]
The layout is full enough but makes it quiet yet full.....
A bridge would be better if there are enough objetcs
I personally like what Borja made, it looks like it could work. Yes, it will feel slightly more crowded but it's a city, what do you expect? Biggrin
The layout is already too tight I can't survive a lap without damaging my car slightly.
(2016-02-02 15:12)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]I personally like what Borja made, it looks like it could work. Yes, it will feel slightly more crowded but it's a city, what do you expect? Biggrin

Well, my pov its that it can work cause its not easy to go to what direction you want so maybe this slowdown help you looking to the sides
As I said if possible a bridge wouldn't clog that area and would be a lot safer than a roundabout
(2016-02-02 15:48)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]The layout is already too tight I can't survive a lap without damaging my car slightly.

Not an excuse. You do the same on the more open tracks like aston and kyoto Sad
(2016-02-02 15:48)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]The layout is already too tight I can't survive a lap without damaging my car slightly.
An easy way to get around this is go slower for a bit than gradually speed up and then when you start crashing go back to the speed you were at before. That is how you learn race tracks to!
Bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's