[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Parking fine question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

short question:

If a user is afk and the cop gives him a parking fine after requesting him to move and the user returns during the 30 seconds to pay and drives on, does the cop have to !lost the chase?
If someone is illegally parked and despite your clear warnings they fail to move, you are allowed to impose a fine. This fine needs to be paid (or they can try and escape) regardless of whether they come back during the 30 seconds or not. The crime has already been committed.

You can be nice and leave the chase if you want, but you don't have to.
Interesting. Thanks for making this clear. I somehow thought it was different until now.
I've always wanted to know this, just never got round to asking.
(2016-02-07 18:36)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]I somehow thought it was different until now.

Not that weird, seeing as the rule about this is as follows:
Quote:4.6. Parking
Cops are not allowed to fine other users for improper parking immediately. The cop must first ask the driver to move along. If a user fails to respond or move, a parking fine may issued once.

It's just that once the fine has been issued, it has to be paid - if you move or respond before the button is pressed then he can't fine you.
That rule is only talking about what the cop has to do before issuing the fine. It has nothing to do with what happens if a user drives off ONCE issued before having accepted it.

But as clarified by BP and what you've said, once issued, it HAS to be paid and that chase mode can still be activated if they try to escape without paying. Though 4.6 doesn't seem to go this much further. So I don't understand where "Not that weird" comes from.

I've always been confused about this as well, I'm glad I know now.
(2016-02-15 00:53)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]So I don't understand where "Not that weird" comes from.

It means I don't find it weird he thought different until now. I didn't know either until I looked it up, and as you said neither did you until now.
Ahh I see, haha Tongue
Reference URL's