[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: NEW PC Build - £700 Budget! Suggestions :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Tech's Advisor's Tongue,

So I've always wanted to build a PC of my own, but never got around to doing it. Finally, the time has come (and I've got the money to build a "good" PC - I guess). I've created a list of parts (adapting Renegade's list which he made for me Tongue) and I would like you guys to help me out whether you think this list is "good" or worth it.

My budget for now is £700, but I'd rather it didn't hit £700, so that I can spend that extra money on any new KB or Mouse Tongue Nevertheless, feel free to suggest anything you believe will make this setup better.

Parts:

- Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
- MSI H97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
- Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
- EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card
- Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
- Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
- Samsung SH-118CB/BEBE DVD/CD Drive

Total: £684.85

Link to the list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QTBDD3

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Nitro Smile
you may need a bigger psu.. my 970 is on a 600w psu

something to consider rest looks fineven very similar to mine
Just put a quick couple together.

Intel Build (Click to View)

AMD Build (Click to View)
(2016-02-13 09:34)Nathan Wrote: [ -> ]you may need a bigger psu.. my 970 is on a 600w psu

something to consider rest looks fineven very similar to mine

hmm seems like a good idea

(2016-02-13 10:19)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]Just put a quick couple together.

Intel Build (Click to View)

AMD Build (Click to View)

Wow, thanks dude for the detailed list! I think I'll probably work around that Smile
why no Socket 1151? no i5 6600?
(2016-02-13 20:55)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]why no Socket 1151? no i5 6600?

Please, under £700, Devils Canyon is still a brilliant architecture.
without knowing the pros n cons from 1150 and 1151:
still possible under 700 imho. for example the Intel Core i5 6600K and Asus Z170 -P are only slightly higher in price.

HDD/SSD: i ALWAYS go for samsung. they lead most charts, last for ever and have never betrayed me.

same with mainboards and asus. as rock/msi/gigabyte have always been the little brothers of asus to me. the price difference must have its source, so for only little more money you get a long living MoBo and might have less problems.

Power supply: i prefer the cougars. its not only how much watt a PSU has, it has to deliver constantly with no peaks or drops. Cougar PSUs usually have a nice silent fan and i love the cable management. You only plug the cables you need and have a nice tidey case with good airflow.

Memory: with the current prices i'd go for 2*8GB, its just about 30-35 bucks more

all in all that might get you like 100,- bucks over your limit, but i think thats totally worth it and you might have a really long lasting computer. my PC is almost 8 years old with only slight recent changes and i was running LFS with about 90 fps and am able to play GTA V Smile

[Image: Screenshot-14.02.201610_37_03.png]
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ckpzBm

HDD is just a random pick due to good rating. usually i go for seagate or samsung as well. but shouldnt make a big difference i guess.
600W PSU should do, or even only 500. just quickly added one.
here is a calculator: http://www.bequiet.com/en/psucalculator
Barney, he would prefer it to be under £700, not almost £100 more! XD
(2016-02-12 22:03)N Power Wrote: [ -> ]Nevertheless, feel free to suggest anything you believe will make this setup better.

(2016-02-14 09:26)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]all in all that might get you like 100,- bucks over your limit, but i think thats totally worth it and you might have a really long lasting computer.

Under 700 is only a preference Wink and for reasons stated above i think this is "better"/more reliable/plus 4GB Memory.

Also the samsung ssd, asus mobo, cougar psu barely affet the price if he sticks to 1150 socket
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/kxXh4D (Change SSD).
Total: £673.86

Parts are good enough. (If want OC CPU get Cooler cpu max 25£)

That link is nice! Biggrin
You need to take Barneys suggested build very seriously for the small price difference. I am running the 6600k and asus mb and it is a perfect setup, especially after overclocking to 4.4ghz. I am also running that same cpu cooler he suggested. AND the 4gb 960 is suggested from me also. I have the evga 960 ssc 2gb and wish I would have gotten the 4gb.

You original build looks good if you go with that, and that psu is fine. No need for a larger one with that setup.
You could probably save some cash on the power supply. The 900 series from Nvidia is very power efficient. However if you plan on running SLI in the future then I guess buying some extra watt would be smart. On the other hand though, if you try and aim to get a 970 instead then a few bucks here and there on the other components might get you there.

I'm running a 650w PSU and got a 980 and its overkill for me.
Reference URL's