[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: A way to improve this junction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So basically I had a pretty bad crash here yesterday, I rolled into the line of the incoming lane coming from Westhill industrial estate. However, there are give way marks but we all know nobody actually slows down approaching those.

Yeah, I can probably check my map, but maybe you should try to create some sort of road marking off Scavier street or something? Small change but it's a weird junction lol.

TL;DR I had a bad crash and didn't know's fault it was. Who gives way to who?

[Image: OM0IbjE.jpg]
Even though the other side, of the road that goes through, is a dead end, you still yield as the road markings show.
This junction suffers from the same problem but if we add markings to change the priority, the LFS default markings will just be confusing. That's why we left them as they were.

[Image: lfs_00000648.png]
Like always , we're trying to improve the lfs cause we dont drive how we should.

Let's start respecting the marks , and everything will be okay ...
Those thick broken lines mean give way, I don't see how there could be any confusion.
Maybe adding one or two suspension killer (also called "speedbump") 100 or 150m before the yield may encourage players to yield, or at least to slow down.
Or like in Kyoto , add some yellow lines on road ( ---- )
In both pictures there is a clear Give Way sign x2 (roadmarks and as an "Object") , so I do not see what the problem is here, no matter if the intersecting road has a dead end or not, just give way to cars coming on the intersecting lane(s)
(2016-03-04 23:05)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]Those thick broken lines mean give way, I don't see how there could be any confusion.

There are no give-way markings on Scavier street, meaning Scavier street should have priority but people don't actually slow down on north exit road or whatever it's called. It does seem to cause a few crashes.
The road isn't the issue, the people on the road are usually the issue.
People need to respect road markings, there would be way less crashes if they did Tongue
Personally i always go right thru those white lines in the 2 screenshots, and i slow down to give way from the other streets just cause it seems more common sense to me..you have to slow down to turn anyway so you might as well give way to people speeding thru.
I don't really understand the diagram nor the explanation in the OP. However, I THINK if there are 2 junctions opposite each other, the person who doesn't have to cut across the other side of the road has priority.

[Image: Od4KrV8.jpg]

I've drawn over your diagram to illustrate my point. The person who is using the red-arrow route is cutting across the other side of the road to turn. The green-arrow route isn't, therefore I believe they have priority.

I could be wrong.
Westhill junction Guide:

Red = Traffic enforcement - Giveway signs and road markings.
Green = Traffic without enforcement in place.
Yellow = Traffic with enforcement in place.

[Image: oa6r7o.png]

If people drove properly there wouldn't be any accidents on these types of roads. People just need to learn how to slow down for these areas instead of bombing it past the giveway and ignoring road markings.
(2016-03-05 10:54)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Westhill junction Guide:

If people drove properly there wouldn't be any accidents on these types of roads. People just need to learn how to slow down for these areas instead of bombing it past the giveway and ignoring road markings.

This.

With that being said, what about some sort of traffic calming thing outside of karting international? I'm not entirely sure what could be put there, or if anything would be effective.

People might not agree with me here, because they want speed, but meh it's just an idea.
(2016-03-05 08:42)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really understand the diagram nor the explanation in the OP. However, I THINK if there are 2 junctions opposite each other, the person who doesn't have to cut across the other side of the road has priority.

Yes that's correct, easily said, how they teach it here is "The shortest turn goes first"

In the picture you made, the Green line is the short-turn to the left, and the red line is the long turn to the right, therefore, green goes first, then red.
Reference URL's