[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Police Proficiency Award and Award Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I was thinking the other day how often in the community people like to write things in their signatures like "Passed Advanced" or in cop chat "Advanced Cop Available" etc which aren't really a true reflection of police skill.

So I thought, what if we gave out an official award that basically says 'so and so is recognized as a proficient police officer' - In order to get the reward users would have to pass numerous criteria. For example, we could provide some materials on car control, and they could go away, practice, come back later, with a replay that's within a minimum time with car kept on the right hand lane in control around a given circuit for a few laps around a demanding course.

And perhaps the person would have a chase with a trainer later on after passing training (another 1000km's?) and it doesn't have to be arranged in a training server or anything, just let the user have a normal chase in the public servers.

If we find that they show proficiency, we could provide a badge with their name or something that they can use in their signatures or skins, and maybe also we could provide personalised police skins with the badge to show our proficient users - Gives us something to aim for, and a reward to get.

On the topic of awards, I also thought maybe a 'medal' system like the ones you see in other forums, would make a good substitute for the rep system?

Just some thoughts I had on the way home from college. Tongue
I'll think about this and post back later. (Just so you know I've looked)
Quote:with a replay that's within a minimum time with car kept on the right hand lane in control around a given circuit for a few laps around a demanding course.

I'm worried that TC members probably spend a lot of time checking replays already, without handling umpteen proficiency requests.

While I like the idea, I think it'll take up a lot of time. Advanced tests should be good enough as proficiency IMO. If you like, you can make it harder to pass, or maybe just skim the top 20 cops and let them have badges for as long as they have a top 20 win/lose ratio.
I don't think the award system is needed imo, sounds like something WKD would do Tongue I just like the simplicity of TC.
Following on from McG, who is going to review a replay for essentially every cop in the server and who is going to create a name for badge for each cop?

What sort of criteria involved would show one cop to be much more advanced than someone who has passed advanced training? Car control and pretty much all of the important subjects needed to be a good driver are surely covered in training?

I like the concept, but the initial idea seems to be too much work and long-winded, having another programme on top of training. How about we have badges for levels of training (volunteered trainees only maybe? - not people who have lost their rights?). For example a badge for people who have passed basic training and another badge, perhaps a bit smarter for advanced drivers.

Josh.
I like the idea, May be it could be an extra job for trainers, a cop could ask on the server for a chase to achieve a certain badge, and the trainer decides based on their skills if they deserve the badge. May be a badge process can only start once a cop has done both basic and advanced training?
I think having basic and advanced training a prerequisite is a good idea,

The replay suggestion was more along the lines of a proof of skill as opposed to knowledge, which is what training provides.

Another thought of mine (to circumvent tedious replay checking) was offering a driver improvement program as like a "further than advanced" type of thing, except maybe with just 'drop in' sessions and such.. so that maybe for half-an-hour to an hour a week, of a weekend, we can teach a few drivers a few new tricks, new approaches etc. Like attending a 'school of driving' type thing without a bookings system - Turn up to a few of those and show good control, ontop of passing advanced, basic, and you've got Police that are confident drivers and know the theory, and no replay checking.

The idea is basically inspired by my college but I think it would work here too. Smile
[ProCOP] tag instead of [COP]? A simpler way of doing this would be limiting the tag to people with a certain amount (or certain W/L ratio) of "wins" as a cop.

I think it would be cool, it can be made pretty simply as far as I'm aware.
Myself just enjoy a simple relaxing cruise/chase on the serves after a long day without needing 'I'm better than you attitude' because I have an award. The fun aspect of the idea would soon be lost and is just more hassle than it's worth. Sorry.
A better, Idea was to make, Corps..

Eks. South Wales Police
Metropolitian Police
Essex Police..

And then make a trainer for eich corps..

And then you can choice what corps you join..

If you're in Essex Police corps, You can download Essex Police Skin from your Essex Police member Section on forum
Each Corps has there own skin, Like in real each one has there own Police cars..
-Sections, made like team, GLOW, CSR and that.. Instead Police Biggrin

Cannot explain it the fully way i want to Smile

Haha
I'm with Adam on this one.
It all sounds very cool, but in the end it will be more hassle than it's worth.
It'll get confusing for newer players, and I'm sure it'll be confusing for some regulars too.
(2011-10-20 00:18)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with Adam on this one.
It all sounds very cool, but in the end it will be more hassle than it's worth.
It'll get confusing for newer players, and I'm sure it'll be confusing for some regulars too.

Indeed Smile
I like rasmus's idea.
I like Crazy's idea.

If people want to identify the most successful cops on TC, a win/loose ratio is the way to do it. Of course it's only an accurate reflection of a cop's ability to catch his suspect if the cop has done, for example, a minimum of 100 chases in total. Otherwise you could have only won 1 chase and done a total of 1 chases, giving you an undeserved 100% success rate award. So an award system based on this principle would have to become active when a cop has completed a given amount of chases.

However, this wouldn't give much of an indication as to how experienced or safe the cop is to other cops or civilians whist in a chase. Nor how good the cop's communication is to other cops, or how fair he/she is with fines. Something separate would be needed if we wanted to reward these things. But a win/loose ratio is ideal for rewarding pursuit skill.

I think a lot of cops on the server would benefit from some kind ranking system. A problem I occasionally have is whining (often from drivers new to TC) about me being a "rubbish" or "crap" cop even when being kind enough to issue them the low fine, or accused of ramming, because someone has decided to break check as hard and suddenly as possible when approaching for a PIT. Maybe some kind of ranking system would be able to help people identify you as a respected cop in the community and make people think twice before throwing out false accusations.
The W/L ratio doesn't say anything, there's many rubbish XFR cops and most of them have very good ratios.
Something like this:

[Preview Image Link]

Smile
I disagree with you Malibu. FZ5 cops actually have the best Win/loose ratios.

Although you gain speed by using a GTR cop car, you pay the price by being easy to roll/damage, rubbish on grass/sand, and very light.

Whatever car you use, if you have a good win/loose ratio it certainly means something - you catch a large proportion of your suspects, therefore have achieved a good level of pursuit skill.
There's many rubbish cops with a good ratio thanks to the XFR, I never said they had the best, but it's a fact that even bad cops can get good ratios using GTRs.
By win/loose ratio, I'm thinking more wins divided by losses, not wins minus losses.
That's usually with a ratio..
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's