[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unique siren for Rescue/Medic ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I may have a suggestion about rescue/medic sirens.

What about using horns 3/4 instead of 5/4 as siren?
  • About realism.
    -Many countries use different sirens for law enforcement and medical services.
    e.g. French Gendarmerie / medical services; German/Netherlands services; Japanese services; etc.
  • About the server.
    -Some players (mainly new comers) may be confused about not having the big siren indicator on their screens along hearing the horn5, it may confuse them when they will be confronted to a chase, as the police doesn't circulates as rescue/medics does (even while responding).
    -Also, rescue/medic vehicles don't have the priority over traffic. It may confuse the new comers.

-Having a new siren would bring more diversity on the server. Something different to hear than the constant wail (or the sound you are using).
    -It would also permit people to make the game as they like (sometimes having a police siren for ambulances doesn't please).

Thank you for reading. Feel free to vote on the poll.
-= +1 =-
Considering most people only use 1 horn as their car horn, I don't see why this suggestion couldn't be implemented.
I like this idea, I also tend to move for medics anyway despite it not being necessary, it would be good to differentiate between the two. The only downside would be you are restricting cruisers further.
(2016-03-17 17:52)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]-= +1 =-
This would also mean we would be restricting normal drivers to 2 horns. I'll keep an eye on the poll but I have my reservations.
I think it will be personally too much for new comers to get to grips with, having to install all these horns. At least horn5 by default sounds something similar to a siren.

If anything, change the visual siren. In the UK, medics and doctors are allowed to use green strobe lights on their vehicles. Maybe something similar like this implemented would be more beneficial.
That's a good suggestion, everyone uses horn 2 because its the most noisiest Tongue

Plus, horn 3 just sounds so horrible.
I don't mean to be negative, I don't really see a problem with how the system currently works to be honest.
Seems like a simple idea on the surface but a lot would have to be changed and for very little benefit, e.g. the InSim tests, manual, rules, download pack (for horn 3). Not sure if it's worth it. I also don't like the idea that it leaves civilians with only 2 horns. This also means there's potentially more work for admins.
Thanks to everyone who told their opinions. Smile

I may have an another suggestion, as a new patch will be out soon.

sirenfast = horn5
sirenslow = horn4
horn 5 = horn5² (either for standalone use or double siren, coupled with sirenfast)
horn 4 = bullhorn
We're looking at having HORN 5 as a piercer and HORN4 as a bullhorn. This is due to the new sirens in patch 0.6N: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...258&page=3

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1905770#post1905770
I really like the idea of having a seperate siren for medics Smile
Reference URL's