[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: This has been suggested tonnes but; Traffic Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES. It'd be fun (And I know it'd mean adding a new fine. But it could be lobbed under dangerous/careless driving)

Administrator Message by: Dan

Thread title modified. 2.3. Do not post in capital letters only.
I would love to see this implemented in TC, especially with the current track!
It would be a lot of work for something very few would actually use.
It would be great but there isn't a need for it, so as Shikari said, the work:usefulness ratio isn't high enough.
I like the idea, years ago i played on a illegal S2 cruise server (i had no S2) and there were also traffic lights. The problem is that some people ignore them, but i don't think that's a big problem.
RC have them and they work well as a system! But if they were to work properly there would either have to be a cop at each traffic light, an automatic fine when someone goes through red or a list of people that have gone through the red lights that a cop can access and then chase someone on the list.
People will obey them for 10 minutes before the novelty wears off. That's not to say we won't place some traffic lights somewhere at some point.
(2016-04-10 09:42)k_badam Wrote: [ -> ]RC have them and they work well as a system! But if they were to work properly there would either have to be a cop at each traffic light, an automatic fine when someone goes through red or a list of people that have gone through the red lights that a cop can access and then chase someone on the list.

I agree with both ideas, but since people hate speed traps so much, I think it would be cool to have a record of those who run the lights.
its a good idea for westhill so ill give it a +1 and for the list of people who run the red light is a really good idea so another +1 from me Smile
Red light traps +1
In my opinion, it could be a positive addition at sensible areas.
Speedtraps could be combined with Redlight traps
If they are programmed with trigger areas, this would be perfect.

The junction on Westhill as you leave the spawn zone then turn left or right onto Paddock Tunnel Way is terrible as cars come flying up there. If we had traffic lights with trigger zones to go red when a car is travelling up/down Paddock Tunnel Way, this would prevent a hell of a lot of accidents I think!
Exactly! I reckon it could add something to the servers.
(2016-04-10 17:43)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]If they are programmed with trigger areas, this would be perfect.

The junction on Westhill as you leave the spawn zone then turn left or right onto Paddock Tunnel Way is terrible as cars come flying up there. If we had traffic lights with trigger zones to go red when a car is travelling up/down Paddock Tunnel Way, this would prevent a hell of a lot of accidents I think!

+1
Let's look at it from a realistic point of view. Those who do usually cause crashes are going at a higher speed than they should be, no? Therefore there is a strong chance they're breaking the speed limit for the area they're driving in. This is costing them money. Do they care about losing money? You guessed it, the answer is no.

So now for the grand finale, will they care if traffic lights are implemented and fine them for jumping the lights? Ladies and gentlemen, you are correct - the answer is no.

To summarise; the traffic lights will impede everybody who is able to follow the rules and drive as though they possess more than 20 brain cells, yet do nothing to those who actually pose a risk to other drivers and cause accidents (because they do not care if they get fined).

Resolution: Adjust the fining system so it will actually incentivise users to not break the law (and not to jump the lights, in this case).
Reason for suggested fix: "X was fined €320 for going Y MPH @ Z". 320 / (X's Wealth) = 0.08% of their entire wealth. Do they care about this? No. Will they care about a set of lights if the same sort of fining system is used? No.

Would they care if the fine was 320 + 2.5% * Wealth? Probably. But I've heard nothing of a proportional sort of fining system being implemented, though I have spoken about it and informally suggested it.

Overall conclusion: Could work if incentives to not go through them are created. Perhaps even an auto spectate system for running the lights would work.
Even if we do not use them for a whole "traffic light" system sort of reason, from a safety point of view, it will atleast reduce the amount of accidents.
(2016-04-11 11:49)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we do not use them for a whole "traffic light" system sort of reason, from a safety point of view, it will atleast reduce the amount of accidents.

I'm not quite following. What would the lights be used for then?
(2016-04-11 11:58)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11 11:49)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we do not use them for a whole "traffic light" system sort of reason, from a safety point of view, it will atleast reduce the amount of accidents.

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, if we used "trigger zones" we could manipulate traffic lights to turn red at certain points.

For example, if someone is driving along Paddock Tunnel Way towards the A&E/Hospital Centre, drivers coming out of Centre Bridge Way would have a RED traffic light if a vehicle driving along Paddock Tunnel Way is within a certain distance of the junction.

Therefore drivers coming down Centre Bridge Way (who will have a red traffic light), will know there are vehicles passing that junction, therefore hopefully will not pull out until the vehicle has passed (at such point the lights should turn green again).
(2016-04-11 12:05)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11 11:58)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, if we used "trigger zones" we could manipulate traffic lights to turn red at certain points.

For example, if someone is driving along Paddock Tunnel Way towards the A&E/Hospital Centre, drivers coming out of Centre Bridge Way would have a RED traffic light if a vehicle driving along Paddock Tunnel Way is within a certain distance of the junction.

Therefore drivers coming down Centre Bridge Way (who will have a red traffic light), will know there are vehicles passing that junction, therefore hopefully will not pull out until the vehicle has passed (at such point the lights should turn green again).

Oh I see! This sounds like a great idea, actually.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's