[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: !hazard add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A lot of people use !roadblock in conjunction with !hazard so as to increase their visibility to cars approaching from behind, however, the tyres that are spawned obviously serve little purpose in actually protecting the scene from further damage (from those who ignore caution and hazard signs).

A good idea would be to have a barrier spawn behind the car that's called !hazard, so as to decrease the chances of further damage occurring to other vehicles as a result of the hazard being ignored.

It would be similar to how the tyre stacks appear behind a car when you do '!roadblock 2', but this time with a barrier and perhaps with a gap of a few metres or so behind the car.

Clarification: The barrier would be used in times of accidents, not to stop suspects.
Tyre stacks could cause severe damage at high speeds.

Barriers will give so much advantage to the COPs.

(2016-04-21 08:38)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Tyre stacks could cause severe damage at high speeds.

Sorry for the confusion, but this wasn't aimed for roadblocks in that sense. I was using !roadblock as an example of what people do to make their hazard visible from the driver's perspective, ie, when securing the scene of an accident (not when setting a roadblock up to stop a suspect).
(2016-04-21 08:38)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Tyre stacks could cause severe damage at high speeds.

It's not a roadblock suggestion, it's an add-on suggestion for use with the !hazard sign.
Not to be used instead of !roadblock or during one.

Quote:A good idea would be to have a barrier spawn behind the car that's called !hazard, so as to decrease the chances of further damage occurring to other vehicles as a result of the hazard being ignored.
Oh, I like the idea then, blocking the road with barriers, will surely stop peoples from passing and sometimes smashing into cars that are being towed W00t

+1* . If I just could delete my 1st post.
Idea is a +1 for me. I'm sick to death of watching people just flying through a road-closure due to an accident. Not too difficult to do a u-turn or wait.
+1 from me
+1... And if possible, make it so the insim detects it if a cop tries to use it while he is in chase, and it wont allow it and gives an error message "Command unable to use while in chase" or something..
I dont see the negative side of this idea except toni's point, plus one from me.
+1 sounds like a good idea
+1 good an idea.
In that case it would be better if it was a Hazard as hazards tend to be more urgent and more people slow down for them.

Whatever happens +1 from me.
+1 from me. Too many people see hazards as a challenge to blast through, and some better barriers would definitely help prevent this.
(2016-04-21 09:59)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]+1... And if possible, make it so the insim detects it if a cop tries to use it while he is in chase, and it wont allow it and gives an error message "Command unable to use while in chase" or something..

Yes , but, think that lot of times (or atleast , it happen to me some times) , fast chases (ie: 1fz5 vs 4fz5s) request roadblocks for slowdown the suspect. Them require the help from more cops that inside of chase , so , how can you prevent to cops no roadblock with it?
Hope you get my point..

Also , +1 from me
+1, amazing idea
Or people could open their eyes, but that's too much to ask on CityDriving. Biggrin

I agree with this idea, using the smallest armco to place behind the car or something along those lines.
(2016-04-21 16:04)Borja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-21 09:59)Toni Wrote: [ -> ]+1... And if possible, make it so the insim detects it if a cop tries to use it while he is in chase, and it wont allow it and gives an error message "Command unable to use while in chase" or something..

Yes , but, think that lot of times (or atleast , it happen to me some times) , fast chases (ie: 1fz5 vs 4fz5s) request roadblocks for slowdown the suspect. Them require the help from more cops that inside of chase , so , how can you prevent to cops no roadblock with it?
Hope you get my point..

Also , +1 from me

It reads on my post to how to prevent them from abusing the command...

Would be good if you could only use it with !hazard on Smile
+1
You'd just have to be careful in regards to the fact that you've already pointed out; most people ignore caution/hazard. If this was allowed, then there would most likely be a fairly high chance the cars who ignore the !hazard will crash into the barrier, causing more trouble than its worth. This would be especially so if that COP/MED/RES/HwA has accidentally placed that barrier incorrectly.

That's not to say I'm against the idea, just looking at both sides of the idea in a practical sense. I still think this could be a good addition.
I think the point of this idea is to make people who don't pay attention to caution/hazard crash into the barrier instead of crashing into the cars, which is a way bigger problem, Connor.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's