[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Speed limits change for the rallycross track.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I think that the limits on the rally cross track are not suitable as they are right now.

On G11 Offroad Ring West. the limit is 100 which is impossible to reach with all the corners in there, not even with an FZ5 you'll be able to stay in a stable speed. (when driving a XRG, income is affected if you drive in those roads)

And after comparing the length of Fern Bay's Rallycross roads with The Archway and Station boulevard in South City, I think that they should have an equal limit (70kph) or ever lower.

Maps: http://www.city-driving.co.uk/maps/
There'll be a poll, Feel free to vote! Smile
I don't want to search for the thread, but there was a clear statement from [TC] that speedlimits are no speed targets, but a MAXIMUM which you are allowed to drive.
This is why they didn't reduce the speedlimit from 120 kp/h to 80 kp/h on Blackwood's north point, not sure how it's called. Probably devil's corner.

So I guess if your mentioned part will be changed, same should be done for the blackwood one.
(2016-05-12 13:49)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to search for the thread, but there was a clear statement from [TC] that speedlimits are no speed targets, but a MAXIMUM which you are allowed to drive.
This is why they didn't reduce the speedlimit from 120 kp/h to 80 kp/h on Blackwood's north point, not sure how it's called. Probably devil's corner.

So I guess if your mentioned part will be changed, same should be done for the blackwood one.

This is also what I think about this.
Dino basically summed it up. If you goal is to make money, then you should probably take another route. The speed on the dirt roads is nicely balanced imo, not so fast where you would skid for miles under braking, but not too slow that nobody abides by it.

As for not being able to reach the limit in the slower cars like the GTi and UF1 well they're just not quick enough.
The relation between the limit + money income, is why I'm here.

There are many other roads like in the blackwood's devils road, If the limit is 120 where you can't push the car to do more than 80 kph, income will go down to +3 / +2 from +4. that's 25% ยง 50% kicked out.

The reason why I think it should be lowered because it'd be better to drive comfortably rather than trying to stay close the limit / push your car through the corner in the maximum speed, also, making suitable limits may encourage players to try out other roads rather than sticking to only one road, which is good for the traffic flow as players will be divided/splitted all across the map.

As with the limits right now, when cruising, I'm encouraged to drive those roads, and discouraged to drive in other areas due to the 50/25% income loss that will happen.
Currently in FE, The most used road is FE3.
In Aston, Main ST/ HW1.
Honestly I don't personally find the income so important, that the speedlimits should be changed. It's a very small amount of money anyway. And the point of the server is not to make millions in a day.
Reference URL's