[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Please fix this part of WE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

So I was playing COP today on the server and my suspect managed to escape me through an unfair advantage. Instead of reporting him, I thought this might be more beneficial.

A part of the bridge does not have a crash barrier, it's just a texture which you can drive through. The suspect just went full blast and went through the bridge. If you're blocking off all of the other small gaps around the map, then this also needs fixing. A simple concrete wall against where the car went through will stop people abusing that in a chase.
Westhill is terribly Robber sided. I only advice you not to COP on it
Or use an RB4 and use force all the time, harshly, whenever possible, but keep it legal.
According to several TC's that is not considered gaining an unfair advantage. Why? I have no clue.

It is clearly exploiting a bug in the map design.
Added an ARMCO to block that off.
It should be made clear if thees kind of incidents are against TC rules or not. Like jumping things in chases in general, like towngate on jamaica. Some admins still say that that it is not allowed, while others admins do it themselves. Imho it is fine, as it is risky, but an option. (Not on the oval bridges tho, as its too dangerous landing on traffic. but even that is performed by some admins) Its barely possible to block all jumps, especially on WE.

Quote:3.11. Stunts & Stunt Areas
Participating in stunt- or similar events is not allowed.
This does not apply imho, as for my understanding its more to not let suspects join ramfestivals and king of the hill things, while single jumping itself is not an event
I agree there should be clarifications, Barney.
However, the "jump" in Nismo's video in the original post shouldn't be happening at all IMO, it's obviously a glitchy part of the map and I don't see how that's any different from glitching inside buildings in a shooting game. In both cases the person is gaining advantage via a glitch.
agreed. just felt like posting it as its kind of related. even with a wall there and without glitch it might be possible to jump onto the racing track, leaving us again with the question wether it is allowed or not. maybe "you" find some time to discuss this internally at some point. but as said, imho there is no rule preventing us from using jumps atm(and there shouldnt be).
I understand that some jumps are permitted on some maps which is fine by me as long as there is a safe, alternative route that the COP can take in order to keep sight of the suspect. For example, on Jamaica, if the suspect chooses to jump at town gate the COP's can very easily follow the road without endangering anybody. If the suspect is outright abusing glitches or just taking jumps to gain an unfair advantage then that's a whole different matter, like in the video.

The one shown in the video, the chances of you both getting through that are slim, you have to be quite precise, but it's blocked off now thankfully. Smile

But yes, I think it would help us all and prevent people reporting if there was some clarification on jumping and when you shouldn't do it.
Reference URL's