[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Bit stuck...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you are more advanced with modding GTAV?
I'm having issues trying to install a vehicle with OpenIV.

I did exactly as the readme says to do file wise, and opening the file in OpenIV shows the correct, mod version of the car, however when I open the game and spawn the vehicle, it's the original vehicle and the modded one is no where to be seen.

I have tried various things including replacing them in the 'mods' folder, normal folder, etc etc, nothing seems to be working and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thats because rockstar used to edit some of their orginal vehicles but kept the old models ingame. The modified models are saved in a different folder.
Which vehicle is it you want to change? I'm assuming one of the cop cars? If so then go to your GTA V folder in OpenIV and find: Grand Theft Auto V/update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday3ng/dlc/x64/levels/gta5, open vehicles.rpf and update the car models to the ones you want to use. Smile

If it's not police cars you're looking to change, I only know of 2 other dlcpacks that include vehicle files. (There may be others, just have a look in all of them if it's not in either. Tongue)
  • Grand Theft Auto V/update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday4ng/dlc/x64/levels/gta5/vehicles.rpf
  • Grand Theft Auto V/update/x64/dlcpacks/mpchristmas2/dlc/x64/levels/gta5/vehicles/xmas2vehicles.rpf

If that doesn't work then i'll try talking you through it when we're both on at some point. Smile
Thank you very much for the replies guys, I'll take another look into this and update my post after with any results. :]

Edit - Worked a charm, thanks guys.
Reference URL's