[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [TUTORIAL] - Wifipad - How to create and use!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: 3GorKBNN]

You will need:
An iOS device with the Wifipad app installed. (It's free!)
WifiPad Creator http://www.wifipad.com/wifipadcreator.html
WifiPad Server http://www.wifipad.com
A wireless network, with both your computer and iPod connected
Your favourite image editing software.

Step 1. Make the pad image.
Open up the image editor (I use GIMP). Make a blank image with dimensions of 480x320 pixels. I've attached a blank image of the correct size for you to use, if you want.

This image is what you will see, so put all the buttons in the picture. Make sure the filename is less than 15 characters long, and save in .png format.

Step 2. Open it in WifiPad Creator
The next thing you need to do is open WifiPad Creator and in the top right corner click 'Open Gamepad Image'. Select the .png image you just created. It'll now appear in WifiPad Creator.

Step 3. Add all the tapzones.
This is the part where you define what is and isn't a button. Hit 'Add Button' and a blue box will appear in the top left corner of the image. Drag it over to where you want the first button to be, and then resize it to the correct size using the little rezising tag in the bottom right corner. Repeat until all your buttons are done. I don't usually bother with default assignments, since we'll be putting all the assignments in soon.

Step 4. Save the WifiPad.
This catches a few people out. You MUST put the file extension (.gamepad) on yourself. For some reason the creator doesn't do it for you so remember to put the extension on the end of the name. Again, don't use more than 15 characters.

Step 5. Open WifiPad Server and assign everything.
Open up WifiPad Server, and to the right of the Gamepad field, click 'Install'. Find the .gamepad file and load it up. Then, to the right of the Configuration field, make a New configuration. Then tick 'Show Tap Zones' and you're ready to start assigning keys.

Click on one of the tap zones, and a box should pop up with up to 3 button presses. Click inside the box and press the button you wish to use. Repeat until all your boxes have been assigned. Save the configuration.

Creation Complete!Thumbup1

To Run WifiPad

Step 1. Run WifiPad Server.
You don't need to select any particular pad, just make sure the process is running. You can close the window that pops up, just make sure that the WifiPad symbol is still in the notification area on your taskbar.

Step 2. Boot the WifiPad App
Open the app on your iOS device. Click 'Refresh Server List' (The server will come up as an IP address unless you gave it a name). If it doesn't come up first time, don't worry too much yet. Sometimes when the computer's doing something mildly intensive it doesn't bother to broadcast the server to searching devices (although once connected there won't be a problem). Just try again.

Click on your server, select the .gamepad file, then the configuration.

Step 3. PLAY!
The WifiPad is now operational. Go test it!

If you have any questions or comments, please comment below and I'll get back to you Wink
Great guide, took me ages to work out this morning lol. What font is that you use for the text btw? Smile
For android users who wish to achieve the same thing,

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webser...how-93599/

Simply download the server onto your computer, and scan the QR with your phone to download the app. Smile
The font in the WifiPad? I think it was Arial Black.

Oh, and nice link Tommer Tongue
Found something a little more customizable. http://www.gpad.mobi/content/en/home

I'll stop now Tongue
If I try to save it as .wifipad it says it has to be .gamepad 0o
Oh, fail. Yeah, it's gamepad.
Ah lol, got it Tongue

Works absolutely great!
Nice tutorial McG.
Great!

Do you think you could upload your one? (Without the TT stuff) for people to use? Heart

Its really nice, I might use it on FSX

How do you create the moving controls? Like a normal gamepad. (Xbox like controller)
What's your name on FSX?
I'll upload mine later, on iPod atm. The TT buttons don't really do much any more, for obvious reasons Tongue

As for moving (I presume you mean analogue) controls, you can't make them. You can make a POV hat by putting 8 buttons in a circle, or make a trackpad area, but no axes, sadly.
Yea, So I could make a up down switch for flaps, but I guess it wont work since I need 8 buttons.

My FSX name is Knighter05

I play with heaps of aussies in a dedicated server called Crosscountrynavaust
This is something i came up with, using the Gpad app Tommer posted and it works flawless Smile

Any way to stop the iPhone from going to sleep whilst the app is open? Smile
Change your settings so the iPhone will never go to sleep automatically? Tongue
Hmmm truee but cba Tongue lol
(2011-10-15 13:11)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]For android users who wish to achieve the same thing,

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webser...how-93599/

Simply download the server onto your computer, and scan the QR with your phone to download the app. Smile

lol WHAT?! Biggrin

I really want this, but I dont know anything, what to do or when... I have Galaxy S and it has Android
Is your screen cracked McG?
Yes. Very.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's