[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: LFS Automatic Shifter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody who would like to drive realistic automatic in LFS and not the "racing" one here is a sweet link for it.

I tested it yesterday and its still working!

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/55636-A...or-(v5-6b)

You can select between Economic and Sport mode which will obviously change the transmission acting. And you can edit the .cfg files how you want for example the throttle position etc when does it downshift, also there is own .cfg file for every car so you can have a different type of set in any car.

Happy PRND cruising W00t
Is that allowed on the servers? Biggrin
This seems really cool, did you notice a difference between economic and sport or am I doing something wrong?
I already tried to play with this, but always changing gears, dunno why Sad
it says... car not loaded or LFS paused please go on track first,then click OK...
It worked for me, just be sure to followed everything on the readme file.
THis thing is great, but I need to change my driving style. You need to be realllly smooth with the gas pedal to make it work
I tried this and I can't even play LFS now...it just kicks me out of it and makes me PC go totally crazy
EDIT-Deleted and reinstalled and now says "car in lfs not loaded"
You can adjust pretty much everything from the config file of the shifter.

That means you dont have to be so smooth with your gas pedal Wink

And different between economic and sport is sport drives with more RPM before changing and downshifts earlier if i remember correct.. Biggrin
(2016-06-21 09:36)Skirmantux Wrote: [ -> ]it says... car not loaded or LFS paused please go on track first,then click OK...

(2016-07-26 05:16)Devil Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this and I can't even play LFS now...it just kicks me out of it and makes me PC go totally crazy
EDIT-Deleted and reinstalled and now says "car in lfs not loaded"

Having the same issue...

*ignore me
(2016-06-18 18:13)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]I already tried to play with this, but always changing gears, dunno why Sad

Same with me keeps changin from 1 to 2 and then back
I'll sugest to you guys, when you start, to "hold" the first gear. When you started, and you're around 20mph, you can now stop the "hold" mode, and normally it works. I do like this, and I found how to not use this thing on my FZ5, but sometimes it doesn't work, my setup needs a bit more config
EDIT: I found another solution, you need to modify some downshifting values, here's a pic of mine setup with FXO:
[Image: 1mTF9eL.png]
This program can be used for cheating.If you look at Other section you can change your shift time to 0ms and give you advantage same as highest rpm and car gears.
Thats my opinion didnt try it but thats how its looks like.
(2016-08-20 20:54)Antonioexzip Wrote: [ -> ]This program can be used for cheating.If you look at Other section you can change your shift time to 0ms and give you advantage same as highest rpm and car gears.
Thats my opinion didnt try it but thats how its looks like.
Agree! But i also noticed car gears:5 can you edit that and make it 6? If so thats 200%cheats
you cant change the gear number in game. If you set it to 6 and the car only has 5 gears, it will try to shift to sixth, but it wont happen as it doesn't have it.
(2016-08-21 17:04)Martynas Wrote: [ -> ]you cant change the gear number in game. If you set it to 6 and the car only has 5 gears, it will try to shift to sixth, but it wont happen as it doesn't have it.

Agree here on this point.
And guys, to be honest, who will really want to use that to cheat? Yeah, that could be an option, but please stop thinking that cheat is everywhere. I really enjoyed this and never I even thought about using this to cheat.
And that's not possible anyway, cuz yeah you can set the shift time, but that's only the time to go to another gear, not to fully change the gear such as Pressing clutch pedal ->moving shifter->release clutch
And I can do exactly the same on my DFGT with my seq shifter, execpt that I can't press any gas pedal, so that's even faster, if we follow this idea
Reference URL's