[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Owl's Custom Button Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Owl's Button Box Build Log

Hello, just thought I would place this thread here as I am currently planning my own custom built Button Box!

Current State: Manufacturing

Current Plan:

The buttons will hopefully be as follows (Consecutive to the image - left to right both halves):
1 - 2 Position Key switch - Ignition
2 - Toggle Switch with Safety Cover - Handbrake
3 - Rocker Switch - Lights
4 - Toggle Switch - Main Beam
5 - Toggle Switch - Hazard Lights
6 - Momentary Button - Horn
7 - Momentary Button - Air Horn
8 - Toggle Switch - Gear Splitter
9 - Toggle Switch - Enter (trailer, fuel etc)
10 - Toggle Switch - D (for Automatic)
11 - Toggle Switch - N (for Automatic)
12 - Toggle Switch - R (for Automatic)

More posts are to follow!
Should ad two extra or a hold botton for siren switch.. looks good
Just remembered that I use the H-Shifter for auto... I can alter the plan to adhere to the sirens and light flashing.
What electronics are you planning to use?
(2016-06-08 23:39)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]What electronics are you placing to use?

Just a little usb button encoder.
Any updates, Skoda?
Not at this moment in time Sonic, work has propped up for no apparent reason. Had to put this on halt.
update pic pls
So, a huge bump...

I've started to go ahead with this now. Ordered switches, encoders and an enclosure. To make it all work, I'll be using an Arduino Nano.

More posts to follow over the next week.
Nice!
Just a quick update, 90% of the parts have arrived, just waiting on 2 switches.

Below is a quick sketch of what the layout will most likely be (controls are from ETS2):
Looks good! I'm also going to make a button box at some stage - keep us updated as I'd love to see the outcome of yours! Smile
So, all the parts came...

Just waiting on the correct Arduino now, I was a dweeb and ordered a nano instead of a Pro Micro... (Pro micro has a USB controller on the board allowing it to be used as a HID).

Hopefully should have this running soon and I should hopefully have my touchscreen RPi running as Route Advisor for ETS2 and ATS!
looks wonky mate, half the buttons/switches are not in line
Yeah Adam, I know, I ain't no panel builder Laugh it's all the toggle switches and a couple of the rotary encoders that are letting me down.

On the plus side. I got the entire box working last night with LFS and ETS2.
Looks good buddy Smile
Cool project, would be interesting to see something like this implemented with a custom printed F1 steering wheel with custom buttons etc. for ultimate f1 sim on a budget Biggrin
Reference URL's