[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: PC David Rathband found dead at home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-17216389

"The police officer shot and blinded by gunman Raoul Moat has been found dead at his house in Northumberland.

The body of David Rathband, 44, was found by police at his home in Blyth on Wednesday night after officers received a report of concern for his welfare.

Police said no-one else was being sought in connection with the death.

In July 2010, the PC was shot by Moat as he sat in his patrol car in Newcastle. It came a day after Moat had shot two other people, one fatally.

Northumbria Police Chief Constable Sue Sim said: "I am deeply saddened to have to confirm the death of PC David Rathband and my thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues at this difficult time."

The thing which annoys me the most is all this could of been avoided, ok no one could of knew it was going to happen. But in an inquiry after Northumbria police force was found negligent/responsible for failing to advise all non-armed officers to return to the station. So Raul Moat was running around searching for the first policeman he could find to shoot him. And PC Rathband was sat at a key motorway intersection roundabout, linking all main roads/motorways in the area. Truly sad piece of news. RIP.
Yeah, I was really saddened when I heard the news this morning. It must have been terrible for him - his life turned upside down in seconds.
Reference URL's