[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Discord server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a quick question while passing by. Do the [TC]Team have/will make a Discord community server by the future?
It seems to be a good alternative to either Skype and TeamSpeak (at least as my own opinion). Also, servers are free.
We're currently touching and testing the idea of using Discord at the moment. Hopefully we will have a Discord server set up so the community can join too, just like TeamSpeak.
It would be great to have a Discord server (still in my opinion, of course).
Thanks for the quick answer.
Added a Poll into OP to see if people are interested in Discord.
I was told it'd be a straight no due to not being able to link it with Insim.
The problem TC might have with this is that the LFS community pretty much all use TS3. It makes it very easy to jump between and such. I personally would like to see a Discord server pop-up sometime in the future, it could bring more people to chat with. Maybe one should be opened as a trial for things like Minecraft etc.
I too would like a discord server. I use it as my main voice thing, it's super easy no adverts optional overlay different rooms change different volumes and is free so I don't see why not. I've never used ts but looking at discords website and there comparison, it has a lot more features https://discordapp.com/features
If we were to open up our Discord server to the public, we would not be replacing TS. People can use the voice chat in Discord if they want but it would primarily be used for text chat.
@Pete This is not really bothering me personally.
(2016-06-23 17:52)Yukine Wrote: [ -> ]@Pete This is not really bothering me personally.

Which part, you made the thread after all.
I'd love to see a Discord server pop-up from TC. I currently use it for other games/community and it works very well.

As for the TS3 portion, I see no reason to close the server in favor of Discord. IMHO, Discord is more Text-oriented.
I'm using discord already for another game, so sure, why not.
TS is just fine, why bother implementing another communication software?
Just installed this and it seems very very nice! Was thinking that someone should make a thread in the off-topic chat area for people to place their Discord names.
Y .
Alright then, go crazy: https://discord.gg/5STUJ

Feel free to share that invite or invite people yourself once you have joined.
There are groups for affiliates, if you need adding to your group, DM me on Discord.
We've added a channel called "admin-attention". Most [TC] Members may set up direct notifications to this channel to come to their smartphone/pc notifications.
60 members in the first day. Not bad. Feel free to leave feedback here and any suggestions for channels or groups etc.
I suggest adding those text channels:
-World Of Trucks;
-Memes (to avoid spamming the lobby like now);
-csgo.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's