[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Banned for accidental use of colorful language :( (Ban Reduced by BP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
●Username: S13LoveAffair
●Event date and time: 2016-07-03, 9:44:50
● Replay / Screenshot Link: N/A
● Replay Timestamps: N/A

●Hello, on 07/02/16 I was on the server chatting with a few fellows, and a word was used (I did not know about the "No Cursing" rule yet.) There were two occasions after that the same day where colorful language had slipped out.
I finished out my session and went to sleep. The next day I woke up and tried to gain access to the server only to discover I was banned. I would like to request to have my ban lifted.
I had just worked up enough to get an xrt and was very much enjoying being a part of the server. I can be on my best behavior as far as cleaning up my language. Thank you for your time and consideration. Smile
The admin who issued the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly.
Look at this thread: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2

Please EDIT your original post so it complies with the format.
(2016-07-08 09:18)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Look at this thread: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2

Please EDIT your original post so it complies with the format.

Done, thank you. Although I could not access the replay. Thank you none the less. Please let me know if this is acceptable.
Hello,

That is fine. This ban is solely for chat offences anyway.

To get into your history a little bit:

At 2016-06-05 09:41:20 UTC you confirmed a warning because you insulted/used racial term.
At 2016-06-30 11:39:52 UTC you were fined 1000 Euro for swearing.
At 2016-07-03 01:50:45 UTC you were fined 1000 Euro for swearing.
At 2016-07-03 01:51:23 UTC you were fined 1000 Euro for swearing.
At 2016-07-03 04:20:43 UTC you were fined 1000 Euro for swearing.
At 2016-07-03 05:52:45 UTC you were fined 1000 Euro for swearing.
It also came to light that you again used racial term at 2016-07-03 04:45:50 UTC. You have been warned for such terms before as stated above.

This is just a side-note, but your nickname is "BushDid911" which seems unnecessarily controversial, do you understand that?
Yes, it has since been changed.
Furthermore, as far as the "racism" goes. It wasn't actually a racist remark or slur directed in some sort of Ill will. It was being used as a term of endearment (being the version that ends in an "a") towards a friend on the server. I come from a very ethnic background and that is very present in my social vocabulary. Also, coming from drift servers (And real life drift scene) where this type of "in your face" controversial language, content, commentary, behavior, and attitude as such is looked positively on is a bit of an adjustment for me, and I'm still adjusting.
I am from California where it is mostly normal social vocabulary.
But that still is no excuse, just an explanation and I promise I will try my hardest to leave the that type of language at the door weather you lift the ban or not.

Other than the language, you'll find I'm a very respectful player.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Regardless of the fact you use the N word in real life, it is still strictly not allowed on our servers.

If you confirm:
- You will not swear on the server
- You will not use racial terms on the server
- You will follow this entire rule (and every other rule):
Quote:1.7. Use proper language at all times.

Swearing, insults, racism, abuse and otherwise offensive language is not tolerated in our servers. Insulting gestures (ie "middle finger") or graphical characters will be treated like written in plain text. That includes the use of substitution characters in swearwords.
Please be advised that racism in particular is very harshly looked upon.
Note: The most serious swearwords are auto-fined by the system, but this is only a warning. You may still get banned in case of repeated violations.

Then I will reduce your ban by half.

However, if you continue to break the rules, the penalties will obviously get tougher.
That seems very fair.
I do confirm I will abide by the rules, all of them.
Thank you very much for your time.
New unban date: 2016-07-18

Your ban has been reduced
Reference URL's