[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Blackwood Crashmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-03-06 17:44)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]That's a nice graphic. Got any others Chuck?

Ive got all of them, but giving out too much candy just spoils the funWink
This is just a alpha version anyway, I gonna work on the display logic, like colors, filters etc.
Nice, good job.
speed kills guys! Wink
Amazing Chuck. Would love to have this for copping, as I try to focus my efforts on areas where I perceive there are a lot of crashes. Would be great to have something that is filterable (as you suggest), and perhaps one could see how copping efforts could change driving patterns in certain areas (like if we flooded Highway 1, would there be less crashes?).

I think it's interesting to note how the divided roadway at Devil's Corner, Blackwood Road, and The Hoff Lane seem to really reduce traffic accidents.

Anyhow, this is really great stuff, and hopefully you can make something bigger of this, as there are some really practical uses for this sort of thing.
WIP version with colors, zoom, and impact vectors

Nice chuck. Looks pretty good.
Haha. Looks like someone got on the brakes wayyy too late.
Looks like little sperm racing around.
Nice Chuck!

Also I like the idea that the crashmaps could be used as a cop, to place more cops on areas where there are more crashes, and see how it effects.
(2012-03-08 13:59)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like little sperm racing around.

lol xD
I tried parking at the South Park/Highway 1 junction to watch for crashes, and as i expected after checking this crash map, i saw a heavy crash every few minutes, and i could technically have chased the offender every time, so it does work pretty good for copping.
Oh so thats why you were parked at that junction Tongue
I think some of those crashes on the straight might be from glancing hits that register as Heavy Crashes, but don't actually cause anyone to go off.
After just been on for a while onto blackwood, I can tell why there are so many crashes on highway. 100mph and all there is to stop going into other lane is some cones lol.
Awesome work Chuck Ohmy
(2012-03-08 16:42)Stevo Wrote: [ -> ]After just been on for a while onto blackwood, I can tell why there are so many crashes on highway. 100mph and all there is to stop going into other lane is some cones lol.

I've done 135 ~ 145mph, and always managed to stay on the right side when overtaking.. So it would be just the driver driving the car that fast. Ofcourse, as long as I don't meet any wrongsiders, i'll be fine..
That looks funny, wondering what the oval ring looks like if it was complete Tongue
lol at the Kyoto I bet most big crashes were on the intersection at the Sz2 Tongue
And Josh had a good idea on restricting ppl to UF1 who cause accidents for silly reasons, like being on a chase an suddenly pulling onto wrongside causing accidents.
Updated image.

Large image
* Roba facepalms for the pit garage crash
Certainly a blocked spawn-point.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's