[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Siren to caution when busted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When Im driving around and see a siren, I always pull over, then I realize it isn't moving, and so I drive off. I think it would be better if, when a suspect is busted, sirens turn into cautions. It would stop confusion as to whether there is a chase going on or not.
I like. Smile
Insim automatically turns sirens off when the suspect is busted.

Though, with a traffic stop, the insim doesn't. It would be very nice to have the sirens turned off or replaced by caution when the fine-window pops up, and reappear when it goes away.
TBH, I don't see why it's needed. I mean, if there is sirens, I slow, if there is no major movement between 2 cars at the side of the road I will drive past at slow speed. Never had any problems. Tongue
The InSim won't always know if !caution is actually needed.
(2012-03-06 21:41)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]The InSim won't always know if !caution is actually needed.

In much the same way the siren is not necessarily needed once the suspect is busted. However the caution is more likely to be needed considering all cars will be stationary with a fair chance of them still being in the road.

One could proceed to argue that cop's should turn on the Caution themselves. But I would like to ask you, how many would actually bother? Well as you have probably already noticed, almost none already do. Most of them as soon as they have busted the suspect are too busy doing the following things;

- Staring at the list of fines deciding whether to choose low, medium or high.
- Resting there hands after a long chase, parked in the middle of the road.
- Pressing h and looking up to the history, finding out how long the chase was in distance and time.
- Generally being dozy and knacard after a long chase.
- Busy saying !c Good chase! or !c oi Noob[COP], respect cop1 cop 2! etc.

After finishing those things.. Whoever was going to crash into them does.. Sorry's are issued and everyone drives away dozily.. Nobody will bother to put the caution on because they are all about to move anyway.

At least this way.. The caution will be on until the cop has recovered from his doziness.. which is normally right after he has pulled back onto the road (potential crash time) Wink .
Am i the only one that pulls off the road when the suspect has been busted?

And if he is flipped in the road put cautions on manually, call a tow or tow him yourself.
(2012-03-06 23:34)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Am i the only one that pulls off the road when the suspect has been busted?

Yes Tongue And that's the problem lol.
(2012-03-06 21:30)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]Insim automatically turns sirens off when the suspect is busted.

Though, with a traffic stop, the insim doesn't. It would be very nice to have the sirens turned off or replaced by caution when the fine-window pops up, and reappear when it goes away.

If you're stopped in a safe place, you don't need either of them anyway.
There is nothing more disturbing than passing a scene with pointless sirens and/or cautions. And sooner or later people will just ignore them.
I think cops (and tows) should pay a bit more attention on using those signals.

BTW: If there is an automatism to be implemented then it is that siren turn temporary invisible >5 of standstill.
Reference URL's