[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Request? (Ban Reduced by Sheep)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: Racerss

● Time & Date of Incident 1h 30 minutes ago?

● Replay / Screenshot Link: I don't have any, i never logged in today Ohmy
● Replay Timestamps:

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban: Hello, I tried to connect now and I'm banned?

RacerSS Corby Banned 7 days 2016-07-28 21:46:37 2016-08-04 21:46:37 6d 22h 33min Not moving properly for sirens

First of all, I've never been on today, Also, why it says i'm banned from Corby?

The ban was placed 1hr 30 minutes ago, whereas the last time I was online:

2016-07-28 02:24:54 - which is the last line of msg my logs saved.

The last time I was on your servers was yesterday night, (Cruising with my brother) and I didn't cause Issues at all, (I recall a little collision with Mufflord that I appologised for) though the player didn't show any reactions and he busted his suspect succusfully

Everything was alright and no admins contacted me nor I recall causing something major, infact I was helping Bez translating and helping a newbie player and telling him the rules...

If there's a replay available, I'd like to see it, thank you, and sorry if anyone was affected by my driving, I truly didn't mean to cause any harm, perhaps you banned the wrong person? Ohmy

for the admin dealing with this / banned me, please don't be on a hurry to post your reply and lock this thread
Hi,

I'll notify the admin who banned you.

Just to note, the reason it says you were banned on Corby would be because the admin probably joined Server 3 to ban you, not because you were on Server 3 yourself.

The admin who issued the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly.
And that rises another question of why actions were taken almost 19hours later.(no user reports)

I really hope that there's evidence showing me breaking the rules. Because I'm really cautious as of my last ban
Thanks for the reply, Dracula Smile
I have not looked in to the incident much at all however I believe since your ban was an admin action request from Sheep, who was unable to impose action himself at the time, there was inevitably a delay caused between whatever you did and action being taken over it.

I believe there is also evidence but I'm sure Sheep will bring that up with you.
I have acknowledged your unban request and will reply to it in due course. Please be patient.
Hi

You were banned for a week for ignoring sirens.
Actions were taken 19 hours late, for the reasons Dracula said, I was unable to impose action myself at the time, and I made Admin Action Request. (It's almost like user report, but only admins can see it)

You can download replay from here.

Now look at these timestamps:
  • 5:37 - You had a lot of time to to move, you didn't even apologize to the cop, who almost hit the barrier, because you failed to move.
  • 17:20-18:00 - You are driving in front of a cop that is in chase. You should've move better, slow down and let the cop pass you earlier.

Best solution would've been to let the cop pass you before you continued driving at at 17:20, instead of going between the cop and the suspect.
Both of the incidents happened with [COP] KooKoo

Whilst the incidents were minor, they ARE actionable because you have a history of doing this kind of thing. If your history was clean, you would've only get a warning

~Sheep
Sheep Wrote:5:37 - You had a lot of time to to move, you didn't even apologize to the cop, who almost hit the barrier, because you failed to move.

So the first time stamp, I was holding the car in a straight line, look at all the distance the COP was to allowed to use, before and at the time of passing:

[Image: lfs_00000005.png]

[Image: lfs_00000006.png]

Sheep Wrote:17:20-18:00 - You are driving in front of a cop that is in chase. You should've move better, slow down and let the cop pass you earlier.

The second time stamp, I didn't react immediately to SIREN, however that is fine, when I realized there's a COP behind me, I again, did keep the car going in a straight line and did the limit, + lifted the throttle pedal, the same as before, KooKoo had plenty of space to pass, and I was driving on the side of the road, so what else do you expect?

[Image: lfs_00000001.png]

[Image: lfs_00000002.png]

Sheep Wrote:Best solution would've been to let the cop pass you before you continued driving at at 17:20, instead of going between the cop and the suspect.

I see no suspect.

On both occasions, the [COP] successfully passed, I hold the car in a straight line and a stable speed, What else do you want?
Sheep Wrote:You were banned for a week for ignoring sirens.
In my opinions those actions are little bit excessive / un-fair, I didn't ignore siren, I allowed the COP to pass? Ohmy

Best regards, thanks for the reply. Smile
Siren shows for 250 meters, so you were aware of the chase that was coming
Look at all the distance you were to allowed to use, before and at the time of passing, you were easily able to move a lot better

[Image: This_much_space.jpg]

Kookoo was driving really fast, trying to keep up with his suspect.
If you had moved to the grass, KooKoo would've not been so close crasing into the armco, which would've definitely ended his chase.
Here you can see how small distance there is between him and the armco.
If KooKoo would've tried to overtake you 1 second later, he would've probably hit the armco.
[Image: This_close.jpg]

Adorable Wrote:I didn't react immediately to SIREN, however that is fine, when I realized there's a COP behind me, I again, did keep the car going in a straight line and did the limit
2nd timestamp wasn't that bad. You didn't cause harm to the cop, but you didn't care to move either.
Rules clearly say: "If a chase gets closer, stay passive, slow down and wait until the situation is over."
It does not say: "If a chase gets closer, obey the speed limit, and keep driving on the line you are"
Next time, try actually moving to the right, better (and maybe even use your brake pedal), so the COP can pass you faster and safer.
I think you should know this, because you have played for 1596 hours and on this time, you have driven 88277 kilometers on our servers.
[Image: lfs_00000015.jpg]
Last time I checked, the limit on that road was 120 kph.

[Image: lfs_00000014.jpg]
Here you are slowing down, you see COP in your mirrors, and you have seen SIREN for long time. The question is, why didn't you move at this you point? You had a LOT of space to move to the right.

Adorable Wrote:On both occasions, the [COP] successfully passed, I hold the car in a straight line and a stable speed, What else do you want?
I want you to slow down and move better, or if you fail to move, apologize.

Adorable Wrote:In my opinions those actions are little bit excessive / un-fair, I didn't ignore siren, I allowed the COP to pass? Ohmy
These incidents were fairly minor but due to your history with these kind of things, they can't be overlooked. You could've reacted a lot better to both incidents. If you had said a simple "sorry", you could be driving on the server right now.

~Sheep
==First Time stamp==

That's nothing we normally do here in my country.

You're asking me to move my car off road,(or like telling me to go over a curb if we were on a city) whereas all of that could have been cut if only KooKoo used the left lane to overtake?
==

==Second Time stamp==

At the time he was overtaking(notice that I didn't touch the throttle pedal):
==

In both cases, The [COP] Was able to pass more than just comfortably, for example, spec 'RPDrifting' @5:35 - That guy deserves to be punished, because he was swerving between the right / left lane(oh he didn't also apologize). Whereas me, kept going in a straight line and gave the [COP] More than just enough room to pass.
Adorable Wrote:That's nothing we normally do here in my country.
This is simulation, not your country.

Adorable Wrote:You're asking me to move my car off road
Yes I am asking you to do so.

Adorable Wrote:(or like telling me to go over a curb if we were on a city)
There wasn't any curbs because we are not in a city

Adorable Wrote:At the time he was overtaking(notice that I didn't touch the throttle pedal)
He wasn't overtaking you at that point.
Why are you still accelerating at this point? (notice that that the throttle pedal if fully pressed, also, you're not really close to "doing limits" as you said on your previous post)
[Image: lfs_00000016.jpg]

Anyway, it would've been better if you had braked and let him pass earlier, which takes me back to my question on my previous post:

I told you that I didn't react immediately, however when I realized he was very close to me I was doing a speed of ~130 as shown in both your screenshots at post #8 and 10. The reason why you have full throttle in your screenshot is due to the way I control LFS. (buttons instead of the usual axis method), so I have to click - release - click to hold that speed.

The contact with the Armco shouldn't have happened if KooKoo didn't pull off that risky move.

Anyways, whats your conclusion, am I getting unbanned?
Your ban is reduced to 3 days, so you have now only 2 days to serve.

Your ban has been reduced
Reference URL's